Anybody else loving the BGM?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZystraL

Anybody else loving the BGM?

Post by ZystraL »

Well, I completed KS Act 1 quite a while ago, and got bored a bit one day (read: 2 days ago, just finished all my exams), and decided to open up KS.
Rather thatn going to "New Game" to play it all over, I click "Extras", wondering what would greet me there. After scrolling through some CGs and looking at individual scenes, I looked at the Jukebox.

Oh. My. God.

For a musician like myself, (9 instruments, I play), this was really nice, to be able to sit and listen to all of the works here. I replayed the whole thing, playing the Rin path (I like Parity. downloaded it off the site, cropped a bit and set it as by phone ringtone =P), just to see the context of all the songs, and I'd just like to take my hat off to Blue123 (and any other music composers) for making such amazing music.

My personal favourites are Romance In Andante and Moment Of Descicion. They sound really nice. In fact, I'm attempting (read: failing miserably) to learn Romance In Andante on Piano right now.

I think a while after the full games is released there should be some sort of CD containing all the music or just having it available somewhere It sure would be better to have Romance In Andante in my headphones rather than having the laptop on my piano :) (which is bad because my piano is an upright, not a grand, so there's little space). Who's with me?
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Caesius

Re: Anybody else loving the BGM?

Post by Caesius »

I do like the BGM; I just wish they looped more seamlessly. I think if the music were written in a tracker that wouldn't be an issue, but that's neither here nor there.

"Student Council" is my favorite track; it just has a lot of energy to it.
Synoptic

Yeah, I do.

Post by Synoptic »

My favorite is Moonlight. :roll:
"...!"
ROFLWAFFLE!

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

All time favorite is always Painful History.
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
Miroku

Post by Miroku »

As depressing a music track as it is, I have to say one of my favorites is Shadow of the Truth. The mood it projects just fits into the scene that much.
Last edited by Miroku on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opinion and the person posessing it

Post by Opinion and the person posessing it »

Funny story actually. We all know how Daylight has that wonky twangy bit at the end before it loops. My first playthrough, that lined up nigh-perfectly with Hanako's appearance, and it wasn't until I started visiting the forums that I realized there was supposedly something wrong.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

If memory serves correctly, the music was made in FL Studio (fruity Loops). At least that what i remember.
Devvy

Post by Devvy »

I was just about to make a thread about this, you beat me to it.

The music in this game is nothing short of amazing, my sincere gratitude to the KS composers (Blue123 and NicolArmarfi I believe?) for this.

I love all the tracks, but my favourties (in no particular order) have to be:

Afternoon (especially with Misha and Shizune at the Cafe, holy shit is that beautiful)
Daylight
Raindrops and Puddles
Romance in Andante
Shadow of the Truth
Stride
Wiosna

I think that Wiosna is my overall favourite though, you guys couldn't have put together a better song for the title screen. I forget where, but I found a torrent that had the entire soundtrack on it (sorry if you guys didn't approve of it), I put the music on my Ipod and I work out to it now. I'm a bit wierd like that though, instead of that really loud angry music to get me pumped up, I listen to something like this to inspire me, since I do the whole "white knight" routine.

Seriously again, I can't thank you guys enough for this.

P.S. Make a Misha path :P
UnKreativ

Post by UnKreativ »

I also wondered why nobody had started a "What's your favorite KS music?"-thread by now...

My favorites are:
Moment of Decision
Rain
Raindrops and Puddles
Wiosna
Painfull History
Standing Tall (Although it's written for Emi...)
Afternoon

... I just noticed I'd have to write the whole list. So I'm going to stop here.
(Oh, and "Out of the Loop" is my medicine when I'm unsure about how to spend the remaining time of a day that is already half over in the most... usefull/-less way.)

Devvy wrote:P.S. Make a Misha path :P
... ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam?
"The end of the world as we know it. Like weekends usually are, but more dire. Much more dire."
- Rin Tezuka
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

my personaly favorite is Parity. I like Rin and she gets awesome music to go with it.

anyone think it's ironic that shizune gets a theme song yet she could never hear it?
Bara

Post by Bara »

ubergeneral wrote:my personaly favorite is Parity. I like Rin and she gets awesome music to go with it.
anyone think it's ironic that shizune gets a theme song yet she could never hear it?
Just crank it up loud enough and she can FEEL it! :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Devvy

Post by Devvy »

UnKreativ wrote:
Devvy wrote:P.S. Make a Misha path :P
... ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam?

Not quite sure what you're getting at here.
You want to destroy Misha like Carthage?
Or are you just making example of how I always state my need for a Misha path like Cato?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

My very favorite is Passing of Time. I could listen to it for hours on end, and have on occasion. It's sad I never get to hear the second half of it during the loading screens or the game itself, 'cause that's the best part. :(

Other favorites include: (In order)
Lullaby of Open Eyes
Painful History (Especially the subtle use of percussive instruments in the second half)
Rain
Aria de l'etoile
Air Guitar
Standing Tall (I think it's really neat how the percussion is the melody in this one. I want to know what instrument is used for that.)
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

I liked Student Council. A very good piece of work.
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

My favorite was Raindrops and Puddles. It was simply a charming song. All of the music was great, though.

Blue123, what instruments/programs/etc. do you use?

edit: Cleaned up my post. I was tired so my thoughts were eeeeeeveeeeerywhere.
Last edited by Hypothermia on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.