Design a kitchen for one of the characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Design a kitchen for one of the characters

Post by KeiichiO »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:I'm thinking something like this for Hanako.
OH MY GOD.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:I'm thinking something like this for Hanako.
OH MY GOD.
I expected a fire proof kitchen, and then I clicked the link and laughed and felt sad at the same time.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:Give Emi a kitchen spread out around a 400m track
I don't know why, but somehow I picture Emi as being completely incompetent at cooking.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
I don't know why, but somehow I picture Emi as being completely incompetent at cooking.
Me too. Then I see this and I wonder though...

http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2011-04-14-393835.png

Non canon, of course, but her mother seems like a pretty good cook, so maybe she picked up on some things.
dutic

Post by dutic »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:

Non canon, of course, but her mother seems like a pretty good cook, so maybe she picked up on some things.
She brings homemade lunch to Rin and Hisao, so I guess she must at least have some experience with cooking :roll:

I actually got the feeling when playing through Emi route for the first time, which was also my very first route ever, that Rin would just starve to death if Emi didn't bring her food
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I sort of felt that way too. Wasn't it mentioned that she doesn't eat much as it is?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

God damn you, Spunky. There's another of those kitchen spambots and I clicked it thinking it was this thread.
SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:

[shimmie]2888[/shimmie]
[cough cough]
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Heh. I could see that too, Munch.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Potato wrote:
You could be forgiven for thinking so in those two cases. Emi doesn't run as just a hobby, she runs to avoid reality. She basically transmutes large masses of her life into running. And Rin's whole existence is pretty much "painting" for weeks on end.
Rin does say in her route that she'd like to learn how to cook.
Not Dead Yet
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:No, it's just that they both really love those things and find great joy in doing them, so if they got some whacked out fantasy kitchen, it would maybe involve those things that make them happy.

Believe me, I like Emi as a lot more than a runner. She worries about her health though, so if she could burn off some of the calories while cooking, then maybe she could let herself have some snacks every now and then without any guilt. Same idea for Rin. She's more than an artist, but I'd imagine that if she could express herself in her cooking area, she'd enjoy the place more.
Potato wrote:
You could be forgiven for thinking so in those two cases. Emi doesn't run as just a hobby, she runs to avoid reality. She basically transmutes large masses of her life into running. And Rin's whole existence is pretty much "painting" for weeks on end.
I understand what you're saying, my best friend is the same way, she exercises a lot and one of the primary reasons is to get away from reality (it's one of my reasons for exercising too). But when she goes into her kitchen, she wants to make awesome food and take a break from exercising! Some things are just kept separate.

I'm not sure how it can really go beyond that sort of simplicity anyway.

I mean, I like motorcycles: do I want a kitchen that I can ride my motorcycle into so I can sit on it next to the stove? (actually, don't answer that one, I actually have a picture of one of my bikes inside my kitchen, and it wasn't so I could cook on it)

People just want a kitchen, right? Shizune might want a deep fryer, Emi a Magic Bullet smoothie maker, but apart from that a kitchen's a kitchen and whacked out fantasy makes it less so.
Flarezium

Post by Flarezium »

Riding a motorcycle next to your stove to cook. Being manly while you preform a women's job. Sounds like something Kenji would do. If only he could drive a motorcycle.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Flarezium wrote:Riding a motorcycle next to your stove to cook. Being manly while you preform a women's job. Sounds like something Kenji would do. If only he could drive a motorcycle.
Do we know for sure that he can't?
Potato

Post by Potato »

Shizune's kitchen would come equipped with an AI that detects when someone burns a meal and screams at them.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Potato wrote:Shizune's kitchen would come equipped with an AI that detects when someone burns a meal and screams at them.
I have a feeling Misha would set that alarm off a ton.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Just imagine what kind of hell Yuuko's kitchen must be...(It would probably come with a Yuuko hologram, which is the only way to explain how she is multiple places at once.)
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.