Design a kitchen for one of the characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Design a kitchen for one of the characters

Post by SpunkySix »

I mean, might as well do something creative with the concept. Go ahead, go nuts. Give Emi a kitchen spread out around a 400m track so she can run while she cooks and burn off calories ahead of time, give Rin one made of canvas that she could paint on, anything. Sky's the limit.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Design a kitchen for one of the characters

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I'm thinking something like this for Hanako.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Lilly's kitchen is covered head-to-toe in braille and has no light fittings.

And to top it off, it's painted hot pink.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Does the kitchen have to be in an English town?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:Does the kitchen have to be in an English town?
Um...why?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Either Bradford, Manchester, Lancashire or Pembroke :P
Apparently you can get great deals for these places
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Either Bradford, Manchester, Lancashire or Pembroke :P
Apparently you can get great deals for these places
Also in Wales apperantly
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:
Um...why?
Dang, and here I thought you were the snarkiest snarker that ever snarked a snark.

(There's a persistent spammer that keeps trying to advertise kitchen design services on this board)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

And I entered the thread thinking of doing a deletion/permaban, reason: "Spambot". :( Good thing I DON'T use stalkwords...
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Um...why?
Dang, and here I thought you were the snarkiest snarker that ever snarked a snark.

(There's a persistent spammer that keeps trying to advertise kitchen design services on this board)
Ah, right. That's actually why I made the topic, I just didn't put together that all of those were English towns.

And thank you for not randomly bombing the topic, Cook. I realize that it probably looked quite like spam from the outside.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I was wondering if that spammer was why this thread was started...

And Rin's kitchen would be... interesting. I'm wondering if she'd be in a sling, motorized, so she could easily move around the kitchen with everything easy to get to and not on the floor.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Basically a bomb shelter with an oven in the corner for Kenji.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:I mean, might as well do something creative with the concept. Go ahead, go nuts. Give Emi a kitchen spread out around a 400m track so she can run while she cooks and burn off calories ahead of time, give Rin one made of canvas that she could paint on, anything. Sky's the limit.
So from a game where we learned that people are more than just their disabilities, we're instead saying they're just their hobbies?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I mean, might as well do something creative with the concept. Go ahead, go nuts. Give Emi a kitchen spread out around a 400m track so she can run while she cooks and burn off calories ahead of time, give Rin one made of canvas that she could paint on, anything. Sky's the limit.
So from a game where we learned that people are more than just their disabilities, we're instead saying they're just their hobbies?
No, it's just that they both really love those things and find great joy in doing them, so if they got some whacked out fantasy kitchen, it would maybe involve those things that make them happy.

Believe me, I like Emi as a lot more than a runner. She worries about her health though, so if she could burn off some of the calories while cooking, then maybe she could let herself have some snacks every now and then without any guilt. Same idea for Rin. She's more than an artist, but I'd imagine that if she could express herself in her cooking area, she'd enjoy the place more.
Potato

Post by Potato »

metalangel wrote:
You could be forgiven for thinking so in those two cases. Emi doesn't run as just a hobby, she runs to avoid reality. She basically transmutes large masses of her life into running. And Rin's whole existence is pretty much "painting" for weeks on end.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.