Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by OtakuNinja »

One of my closest friends came out of the closet an hour ago, and it solved a very big problem I've had. :D This also means that he's number... 18, I think... on my list of close friends who're gay. I'm a gay magnet. c:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Potato

Post by Potato »

OtakuNinja wrote:One of my closest friends came out of the closet an hour ago, and it solved a very big problem I've had. :D This also means that he's number... 18, I think... on my list of close friends who're gay. I'm a gay magnet. c:
What problem is that? Did you have a deadline to get eighteen gay pals? :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Potato wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:One of my closest friends came out of the closet an hour ago, and it solved a very big problem I've had. :D This also means that he's number... 18, I think... on my list of close friends who're gay. I'm a gay magnet. c:
What problem is that? Did you have a deadline to get eighteen gay pals? :P
I fell in love with the girl he was hitting on a couple of months ago. I've been worrying about how he would react.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Since when gay people hit on girls?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Well, My update-catchup hybrid

Supposed there was me. 12th grader who are depressed because of a girl which he loved for years and screwed up horribly in showing his love. Met another girl in quasi-destiny setting and have a crush on her few hours after know her name. I tracked her from her real name which I glanced from her Er.. shirt (can't blame me if there were her boob is.) With some diligence, daydreaming and bravado. We start contact each other via Facebook. I soon learn that she enter to a "famous" university which I never heard before. After thinking following her is a plausible choice in parent's and family's eye. I decided to study in Computer Engineering where she study in Science.

I find the place I blindly landed pretty warm. I found many capable friends. Doing things with them that I never done with others, passing some hurdle in organizing activities.
I then realize that there are few girls who intrigued me in a way or another.

Despite my few attempt to enter relationship with my original crush. She refused and want to keep it as it is. Thankfully, we are still friend. I once said I wouldn't let it be when fortune teller told me so about a year ago. But it rings very true after a year.

Now, I think I have a crush on another girl. She is 11th grader who I happen to met while I doing an activity for high-school student. End up she is actually few months older than me. Plus, She is kind-of Japanese. She accept my friend request (after third attempt) few days ago. I would enjoy chatting to her for a good while :)
Comrade wrote:Since when gay people hit on girls?
Maybe before he realize he love her boyfriend more?
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

If they're bisexual? In his case, he just hadn't realized it yet. ^^
Potato

Post by Potato »

Dunno. Ask a gay girl.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Ugh, I hate my life right now. I've spent the last month feeling miserable with the flu, and then a bad cold. And when it finally looks like its going away, I've managed to either pull a muscle or even crack a rib last night from coughing too hard. So all I can do is sit here in my chair, or lie on my stomach in bed. I'm in so much pain if I move around. :(

On top of all that, I went to the doctor yesterday, and found out that my Diabetes meds aren't doing the trick. So I have to go on Insulin. i.e. I have to put an injection in my stomach every night. :( Of course, now I hurt too much to go over to the pharmacy to pick it up. So yeah, life sucks right now.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

pandaphil wrote:Ugh, I hate my life right now. I've spent the last month feeling miserable with the flu, and then a bad cold. And when it finally looks like its gone away, I've managed to either pull a muscle or even crack a rib last night from coughing too hard. So all I can do is sit here in my chair, or lie on my stomach in bed. I'm in so much pain if I move around. :(

On top of all that, I went to the doctor yesterday, and found out that my Diabetes meds aren't doing the trick. So I have to go on Insulin. i.e. I have to put an injection in my stomach every night. :( Of course, now I hurt to much too go over to the pharmacy to pick it up. So yeah, life sucks right now.
Aaah that really sucks to hear man :( If there's no bruising round your ribs then it's probably just a pulled muscle, so if that's the case in a day or two you'll be able to move enough to pick your meds up :) Have you ever had to go on insulin before?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Might as well post here. My heart's not been broken as such, more my spirit.

When I was 4/5 I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. Although there were obvious quirks in my behaviour, in the way that I spoke to people/had trouble approaching people etc., it never really used to bother me all that much. After 5 years at secondary school I had managed to build quite a large circle of friends in various groups, had gotten a girlfriend, and I was very content with life.

Almost a year ago (I can even remember the date, March 8th, so yeah, 11 days off a year) I decided to step out of my comfort zone somewhat and go to a 18th birthday party with my friends - 100+ people, alcohol, incredibly loud music in a confined space - and, simply put, I freaked. At the danger of sounding too 'Hollywood' or whatever, from that day on I noticed a change in the way I saw myself. I don't think I was ever arrogant as such but I certainly was comfortable with myself and confident in progressing socially. However, afterwards I became increasingly self-deprecating, nervous and a growing feeling of being outside the bubble of everyone else.

Then, around August, my friends started leaving for university. Now, it's not like I was never gonna see them again - I knew that, and I have seen everyone on at least one occasion since they went their separate ways - but given it had taken me that long to build up to having more than 2 people I talked to, and to then have the danger that it could all come crashing down, sent me into my first bout of depression, which was horrible. The worst bit was freaking out, thinking my girlfriend would simply go to university, find somebody better than me and then leave me, all done over 150 miles. To be honest, 5 months on, I still think this, most days, and it sucks. Hard.

Once everyone left, I had already started college, and began to realise the massive backward jump I was taking from school to college - I had gone from studying A-Levels in Maths, History and Geography to learning accountancy with mostly 16-17 year olds. This has given me plenty of time to think during lessons - thinking turned from self-deprecation, self-deprecation turned to increasing feelings that I'd let everyone I knew down, including myself and my parents (in Year 8, I was told I could easily go to Oxford or Cambridge - yet, here I am learning accountancy, which is about as stimulating as a yam).

However, when I think about it my life isn't in itself bad. I got good grades from school, I am making friends at college, I haven't lost touch with my friends from school and I still have a girlfriend who (in her words anyway) wouldn't want to be with anyone else - on top of this, I'm going to the same uni as her next year, which should be something to look forward to. My family is supportive and I have no issues with my health that could affect my life expectancy or what I can do. So, in the course of a year, although nothing in itself has gone wrong, I feel as though I have turned into a different person, and not one I'm happy being. I should start seeing a counsellor soon, I've been referred to one and it's just a matter of waiting now. I really, really hope it helps.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I should start seeing a counsellor soon, I've been referred to one and it's just a matter of waiting now. I really, really hope it helps.
I can relate here. I've started seeing a counsellor too in college, and I just had my first meeting. The good news I can give as somebody who has been to one before is that, if you can find the right person to talk to and make a connection and you stick with it, it really will help.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Ugh, I hate my life right now. I've spent the last month feeling miserable with the flu, and then a bad cold. And when it finally looks like its gone away, I've managed to either pull a muscle or even crack a rib last night from coughing too hard. So all I can do is sit here in my chair, or lie on my stomach in bed. I'm in so much pain if I move around. :(

On top of all that, I went to the doctor yesterday, and found out that my Diabetes meds aren't doing the trick. So I have to go on Insulin. i.e. I have to put an injection in my stomach every night. :( Of course, now I hurt to much too go over to the pharmacy to pick it up. So yeah, life sucks right now.
Aaah that really sucks to hear man :( If there's no bruising round your ribs then it's probably just a pulled muscle, so if that's the case in a day or two you'll be able to move enough to pick your meds up :) Have you ever had to go on insulin before?
Thats what I think. Today I can walk around a little, if I'm slow and careful to not bend or twist at the waist. I just hope I don't have to cough, or worse, sneeze. :(

And no, first time using insulin, so I'm really nervous.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:Thats what I think. Today I can walk around a little, if I'm slow and careful to to bend or twist at the waist. I just hope I don't have to cough, or worse, sneeze. :(

And no, first time using insulin, so I'm really nervous.
I'm sorry to hear that man. I did some severe damage to muscle tissue in my back and either bruised or cracked a few of my ribs last month too. I couldn't do anything at all really. I could barely walk and I could absolutely not bend over so tying my shoes was a fucking nightmare. Sneezing and coughing sucked like you said but even worse than that for me was just getting in and out of bed and falling asleep. It could take up to five minutes before I could even get in or out of bed on some of my bad days. :lol: Luckily a few days after it happened I went to my doctor and got some narcotic painkillers that helped me sleep a little bit. It sucked, but it was better than nothing. In fact I've still got half of them left that I'd gladly give to you but you decided to live on the opposite side of the country from me. :(

And as for the insulin, that does definitely suck, but the technology is getting better all the time. My best friend's little brother who's almost like mine has been injecting himself with insulin ever since I met him when he was a kid and he never seemed to mind it. Plus who knows, the next medical breakthrough could be as soon as tomorrow. :P
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Potato

Post by Potato »

pandaphil wrote:And no, first time using insulin, so I'm really nervous.
It's not too difficult unless you really hate needles. :lol: Just don't skip a lot of nights at once.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I have some heartbreaking news.
I recently transferred to a new computer, but somehow all of the save files for ALL of my VNs were lost/deleted in the transfer.
That is really upsetting, and means I have to go through Katawa Shoujo again.... and get all the bad/neutral endings before getting the good endings.... again.

DEPRESSION, HO!
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.