The Music of Katawa Shoujo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dutic

Re: The Music of Katawa Shoujo

Post by dutic »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Is it better to have something you like waking you up though? I'd have thought it would be something so appalling that if you set it at the other end of the room, you can't wait to get out of bed to turn it off. In which case, Ah Eh I Oh You. I like the nurse, but DAMMIT THAT MUSIC >:(
Depends :D There's the risk that you might start disliking the song, as Atario said.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dutic wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Is it better to have something you like waking you up though? I'd have thought it would be something so appalling that if you set it at the other end of the room, you can't wait to get out of bed to turn it off. In which case, Ah Eh I Oh You. I like the nurse, but DAMMIT THAT MUSIC >:(
Depends :D There's the risk that you might start disliking the song, as Atario said.
Plus, the whole idea is to make you WANT to get up and turn the alarm off. If it's too pleasant, you might not.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Nah it works quite well for me actually
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

dutic wrote:
Given I hate that song with a burning passion, this wouldn't be an issue for me ;) Trust me, I'd be out of bed, dropkicking my phone in seconds.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

dutic

Post by dutic »

The good thing about waking up to something you like though is that you can wake up in a better mood. Worth considering
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dutic wrote:The good thing about waking up to something you like though is that you can wake up in a better mood. Worth considering
I might try it over the coming break when it doesn't matter much if I wake up at a specific time. Good test run.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Pairity is a pretty cool song too
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

dutic wrote:The good thing about waking up to something you like though is that you can wake up in a better mood. Worth considering
Aaah, that's a good point actually. Looks like I'm waking up to Cattle Decapitation then... :lol:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

dutic

Post by dutic »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Aaah, that's a good point actually. Looks like I'm waking up to Cattle Decapitation then... :lol:
Cattle Decapitation eh. Sounds real nice ;o

fingers crossed that's the name of a band
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

dutic wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
They are rather awesome ;)
But I fear I may have digressed slightly. Raindrops and Puddles would be a good one to wake up to, did you choose mainly because you liked it or because it's a nice gentle start? Or both, even?

dutic

Post by dutic »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
dutic wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote: Aaah, that's a good point actually. Looks like I'm waking up to Cattle Decapitation then... :lol:
They are rather awesome ;)
But I fear I may have digressed slightly. Raindrops and Puddles would be a good one to wake up to, did you choose mainly because you liked it or because it's a nice gentle start? Or both, even?
I think the gentle start helps :) I really like Raindrops and Puddles, but it's not my favourite, since I don't really have favourites when it comes to abstract things like music. It sorta swaps around. I couldn't imagine waking up to Cold Iron for example, even if that's what I want to listen to sometimes.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Raindrops and Puddles would just put me back to sleep. :lol:

I could go for something more upbeat, though. Parity, maybe?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Hmm, had about a fortnight of not playing KS, and this evening I decided I was gonna have a pop at Shizune's route. So I opened it up, and got distracted, but when I returned that menu music (EDIT: Wiosna! Must remember that!) was playing and I had forgotten how simple and beautiful it is :D Kinda makes me wanna relearn piano again...

I said in a thread somewhere (not this one, curiously) that I was gonna record some KS music on guitar and bass - I haven't forgotten that either, I just haven't obtained the equipment to do that yet. But I've just ordered it.

InfinitePez

Post by InfinitePez »

I am a musician, and I have a connection to Innocence and Jitter. I am currently learning them now on piano.
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Hmm, had about a fortnight of not playing KS, and this evening I decided I was gonna have a pop at Shizune's route. So I opened it up, and got distracted, but when I returned that menu music (EDIT: Wiosna! Must remember that!) was playing and I had forgotten how simple and beautiful it is :D Kinda makes me wanna relearn piano again...

I said in a thread somewhere (not this one, curiously) that I was gonna record some KS music on guitar and bass - I haven't forgotten that either, I just haven't obtained the equipment to do that yet. But I've just ordered it.
Wiosna is ridiculously sad to hear after finishing the game...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.