Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

Emi bad ending
16%
Hanako bad ending
11%
Lilly bad ending
4%
Rin 1st bad ending (Fight End)
7%
Rin 2nd bad ending (Rain End)
25%
Shizune bad ending
16%
Kenji
17%
Other
4%

Total votes: 105

Oddball

Re: Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

Post by Oddball »

Steinherz wrote:
monkeywitha6pack wrote:If I understand right you are asking about the main route, Rin does not kill herself in any route or ending
Actually, one of the Devs stated she does it in her Bad or Neutral end.
You have to take what the Devs say with a grain of salt. They like to mess with people, they misremember things, they don't all agree on certain "outside the game" material, and often times they'll contradict each other on the things that should be cold hard facts.

Just remember, if it's not in the game itself, it doesn't count. ... Except for the other things that do, and sometimes not even them.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I might very well be confused here. I could have sworn I saw something about that on TV Tropes though... oh well.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

What TV Tropes says is often guessing by the tropers.

Suicide was quite heavily foreshadowed, but it's been claimed to be a red herring.

Also, not changing my vote because it's not a canon ending, but Rikabro's Rika good ending is a pretty bad ending, by far worse than her neutral ending.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:I might very well be confused here. I could have sworn I saw something about that on TV Tropes though... oh well.
Stuff on TVTropes should be taken with a grain of salt. I choose to believe Rin suicides in her bad end because it's too heavily implied to not happen and it's the only way the bad end is worse than the neutral. :lol: But anything not in the game itself is pretty much up to you.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I think you may have read the entry that claims it was Word of God, but I couldn't find proof of that here. The good part about wikis, though, is that you can always edit them if they end up being wrong.
cantataria

Post by cantataria »

They aren't super fresh right now but in terms of just like, visceral reactions, everything that happened with Emi's bad end hit me really hard lol even though I'd gotten the good ending first and went back to play the bad, it still felt surprisingly awful.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Liminaut wrote:"The dark night of the soul". That's when everything has crash around you and you're left with nothing but the final stark realization that it's all been your fault. There is tremendous power in that dark night if you can harness that energy for real change.
*Sigh* Story of my life...
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

The Manly Picnic kinda trumpths all others in terms of bad endings, seeing as how Hisao friggin' dies.

The Rin Rain ending was much, MUCH sadder to me than the Fight ending... remind me, which one supposedly has her commit suicide later on?
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:The Manly Picnic kinda trumpths all others in terms of bad endings, seeing as how Hisao friggin' dies.

The Rin Rain ending was much, MUCH sadder to me than the Fight ending... remind me, which one supposedly has her commit suicide later on?
Probably the fight. The rain one just has her drudge through an unhappy series of choices that aren't her own. :mrgreen:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

I don't know where people get the suicide thing from the devs said no to that
Wahahaha~.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

someguy1294 wrote:The Rin Rain ending was much, MUCH sadder to me than the Fight ending... remind me, which one supposedly has her commit suicide later on?
None of them.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Hanako's bad end
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I don't know where people get the suicide thing from the devs said no to that
TVTropes.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I don't know where people get the suicide thing from the devs said no to that
I get it from the very very very blatant implications that that is exactly what will happen. The devs can say anything they like, it still most likely happened. :lol:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ah, the bane of all authors...
Tolkien could repeat ad nauseam that the Ring is not supposed to symbolize the atomic bomb, but did it stop the Fans from claiming otherwise? Never.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.