Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Carighan

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Neutral End) - Chapter 34 up 2/

Post by Carighan »

"Hanako," she says, returning to her serious tone, "I hope your first confession turns out better than mine did."
:'(

(Shizune bad end was my natural play through)

Very interesting chapter, especially how you wrote the panic Hanako shows and how Misha interacts with her. If I had to criticize something, it's that I find the "ivegottagodosomething" so overused it makes me cringe every time I see it somewhere. :)

Like it. A lot. :)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

The interesting thing is that Hanako's slowly realizing that she has a few potential friends other than Hisao and Lilly.

The sad thing is, I see where this trainwreck is going, and it's nowhere good for Hanako, at least not in the short term. Mind you, if Hisao gets back with Lilly, which is looking increasingly likely, though, she'll need her new friends (but she'll struggle to admit that to herself or them), and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a life-or-death matter at that point, due to the fact that her two closest friends "betrayed" her... again.

Really, I desperately want Hanako to win this, but I know how things go at this point (well, she's gone further than I have, but you get the idea), especially seeing Hisao's POV of the whole thing. Emi may also have disqualified herself, but this is looking increasingly like a Lilly route, Act 5/6.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

But then, they're family. That makes a difference. We only PLAYED at being family.
Premonition of a Lilly/Hanako BAD END?

I find it interesting that Hanako wanted to defend Emi. That, and other things, leads me to believe that (at least subconsciously) Hanako realizes that Emi is treating her as an equal and not as a project. Wouldn't it be strange if Hanako ended up playing the wingman for Emi the way Shizune is apparently playing it for Lilly?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

I don't like the idea of a come - from - behind Lilly win, if only because both Hanako and Emi have shown much deeper feelings than Lilly ever did. Both are actively trying to become better people who can give Hisao the emotional support he needs, and enough patience to let him decide, whereas Lilly shut him out and then blamed him for not being open. That being said, she's had time to reflect on how things went wrong, so I can't be too harsh on her. Still, getting back together would backstab Hanako in the worst way, especially after encouraging her like she did.

Aaah, this series is intense. Keep up the awesome work.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

As always, thanks to all for the kind words!
Carighan wrote:If I had to criticize something, it's that I find the "ivegottagodosomething" so overused it makes me cringe every time I see it somewhere. :)
Same here, to be honest, but I figure I'm allowed one :wink: .
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Thus do I land on Thrinacia.
So Misha is... cattle? Helios?
Shizune has warned him to stay away from her, because she thinks being around Emi is dangerous!"
This is completely absurd. Emi's never hurt anybody in her life. Nope nope.
It's probably just an excuse because she doesn't like Emi...
Wouldn't it be strange if Hanako ended up playing the wingman for Emi the way Shizune is apparently playing it for Lilly?
Interesting idea, but I don't think that could happen.
I don't like the idea of a come - from - behind Lilly win, if only because both Hanako and Emi have shown much deeper feelings than Lilly ever did.
Seconded.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Thus do I land on Thrinacia.
So Misha is... cattle? Helios?
And a horde of Misha fans erupts in anger that you didn't immediately associate her with Lampetia!

That said, as my friend reminds me, Misha does at times bring to mind the phrase "bull in a china shop", so...
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Wouldn't it be strange if Hanako ended up playing the wingman for Emi the way Shizune is apparently playing it for Lilly?
Interesting idea, but I don't think that could happen.
If it were to happen, it wouldn't be the [c]overt manipulations that Shizune favors; but, rather, a "Y-you go g-girl!" voice of encouragement...
I don't like the idea of a come - from - behind Lilly win, if only because both Hanako and Emi have shown much deeper feelings than Lilly ever did.
Seconded.
Thirded.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

One thing that I'll note feels a touch odd is Misha's handling of Emi, given that there's canonical indications that she likes Emi x Hisao, too. But, then, she is dealing with a Hanako that's in a rather fragile mental state right now...

And, to steal a quote from your posting in my own thread...
dewelar wrote:I know it makes no difference to what Hanako is going through, but I've seen the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about her, too.
You know, I almost wonder if that song works as an unofficial Hanako theme.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Seconded.
Thirded.
And that's enough to bring it to a vote. All in favor of Lilly not getting back with Hisao say 'aye'.

AYE!

bhtooefr wrote:One thing that I'll note feels a touch odd is Misha's handling of Emi, given that there's canonical indications that she likes Emi x Hisao, too.
I figure Misha ships whoever Hisao is with in every route (except Shizune). It seems to me that Misha is more interested in Hisao not being the sad sack he was when he arrived at Yamaku than in who he's dating.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
cake307

Post by cake307 »

I guess I'm the lone reader (so far, at least) that really feels Lilly and Hisao fixing things and figuring it out and getting back together isn't OMGEBUL. I mean, I understand it'll be tough on Hanako to get "backstabbed," an it'll also be tough on Emi when she may have finally found someone she can try to open up to (remember, in the VN, she was very good at shutting Hisao out until she decided she didn't want to anymore, and I think she's closer to letting him in in this story than she was for most of their time dating in the VN) but in the end what Hisao does has to be what's right for Hisao. And what's right for Hisao isn't a Hanako who would still rather abandon her trip on the off chance of getting him, which sounds a lot like an excuse to remain as reclusive as possible no matter what she thinks will happen with Hisao while she's away, and it's not really an Emi who cant even cope with her own problems at this point. Now, if Emi could find it in herself to tell Hisao about the accident I'd say she's his best bet overall, but currently the only one who even kind of has the capabilities of dealing with their own problems and Hisao's is Lilly. This is only reinforced by the fact that Lilly made a choice to go back to Yamaku, thus taking control of her life, albeit belatedly, and dealing with what was her major issue, at least a little bit. There's also no rule that says a couple that broke up getting back together must fail again, especially not when at least one of them has dealt with the problems that caused the breakup in the first place.

I guess the tldr version is: Lilly and Hisao getting back together isn't bad, neither Hanako or Emi can in their current state of mind deal with the pressures and problems of being in a relationship, no guarantee of failure if he gets back together with Lilly.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

griffon8 wrote:I figure Misha ships whoever Hisao is with in every route (except Shizune). It seems to me that Misha is more interested in Hisao not being the sad sack he was when he arrived at Yamaku than in who he's dating.
Also, if you can pair off the potential competition, so much the better... :wink:
I guess the tldr version is: Lilly and Hisao getting back together isn't bad, neither Hanako or Emi can in their current state of mind deal with the pressures and problems of being in a relationship, no guarantee of failure if he gets back together with Lilly.
That's assuming that Hisao wants to get back together with Lilly at this point...
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Another point on the scoreboard for Hanako. I was a little worried that she'd cave once she learned that Lilly was returning, but it at least seems to have bolstered her resolve to do... something.

Emi still needs to get her shit pulled together, but I don't know if she can do it alone.

I don't doubt that Hisao and Lilly still love each other, but that doesn't necessarily make getting back together a good idea for them. I think that they are both well aware of that, and that most of Hanako's fears (and Shizune's hopes) are unjustified.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
GorisTheKing

Post by GorisTheKing »

Stop being a douche Hisao. He can pick one and hurt two of them,strain friendships. Drag the issue through the mud and hurt all of them, or chose none and remain friends with all. Maybe it's just me but I couldn't imagine spending day's pondering a rather clear cut issue. Does he value one lover or three friends more? And if he like them all equally then either weigh the effects of rejection on the other two, or roll a die.

I like the story overall but in the last few chapters it seems like no progress has been made, despite a lot happening.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Always good to see someone new reading this story!
GorisTheKing wrote:I like the story overall but in the last few chapters it seems like no progress has been made, despite a lot happening.
*nods* I can understand your frustration. The only thing I'll say in response to this is to keep in mind that the last seven chapters have all taken place within the span of about 48 hours, and the entire story comprises about two and a half weeks (Chapter 1 was on August 5 and the current chapter is taking place on August 22).