Alternative Pairings

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Alternative Pairings

Post by pandaphil »

Hmmm, how about Misha gets sick of Shizune and somehow gets together with Lilly? I could see those two and Hanako becoming quite the little team.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
valoth

Post by valoth »

SpunkySix wrote:The way I see it, Emi X Hisao is canon, Lilly and Hanako get together as do Misha and Shizune. Rin ends up with some new random artsy kid somewhere down the line and Yuuko and Kenji end up back together through a bunch of wacky hijinks.

HAPPI ENDINS FER ALL
Kenji and Yuuko were together?
Umber

Post by Umber »

Sea wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Emi/Miki. They're both so competitive. It would make for a strange love/hate relationship.
This was a thing at some point (hopefully again at some point but we'll see.)
Oh, it still is. If I wasn't so terribly overrun with senior projects and college essays, the story'd be going somewhere, some time soon. I don't plan on giving up on Steinherz quite yet. Or Miki/Emi.

It's just sort of hard to work on two stories at once while balancing an educational/not-at-all-professional career. There's really no free time, ever.
>inb4 forum-lurking 24/7
pandaphil wrote:Hmmm, how about Misha gets sick of Shizune and somehow gets together with Lilly? I could see those two and Hanako become quite the cute little team.
I would really love to see that happen. Misha's just so adorable with a lot of the other girls. Just like Hideaki, kinda.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Potato

Post by Potato »

valoth wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:The way I see it, Emi X Hisao is canon, Lilly and Hanako get together as do Misha and Shizune. Rin ends up with some new random artsy kid somewhere down the line and Yuuko and Kenji end up back together through a bunch of wacky hijinks.

HAPPI ENDINS FER ALL
Kenji and Yuuko were together?
Yup. Go 100% the game. :P

Nomiya and Meiko...Nomiya shows up at one of Emi's track things to steal Rin away, meets Meiko...Escalation ensues.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:Nomiya and Meiko...Nomiya shows up at one of Emi's track things to steal Rin away, meets Meiko...Escalation ensues.
There's a modern 'Beauty And The Beast' right there...
Potato

Post by Potato »

KeiichiO wrote:
Potato wrote:Nomiya and Meiko...Nomiya shows up at one of Emi's track things to steal Rin away, meets Meiko...Escalation ensues.
There's a modern 'Beauty And The Beast' right there...
*mental image of Rin and Emi singing*

...Yes.

I remember having an idea for a Misha-Yuuko fic once...Never went anywhere.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

How the hell has nobody mentioned Akira x Hanako? Am I the only person that ships that?

I don't see Emi swinging that way, so Emi x Hanako won't work, and I could see Hanako getting extremely frustrated with Emi's commitment issues anyway. As friends, though, rather than lovers, they could work fantastically in the right situation.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

How the hell has nobody mentioned Akira x Hanako? Am I the only person that ships that?
Maybe for the same reason Emi x Nurse isn't a particularly common ship.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

OH MY GAWD
FUND IT

For me, I'd definitely agree on Nurse/Meiko and Natsume/Naomi
There's a surprising lack of Nurse and Meiko, but when it is there, it is glorious

Edit:
Potato wrote:How in the hell do Misha and Shizune...Did you even Shizune route? 
If you ever get the chance, give Doomish's story Braving The Storm a read. It's basically a tale of Misha getting together with Shizune, but winth Doomish's signature poignant feel to it. It's relatively lengthy, though.
that being said I have quite a short reading threshold
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:
Maybe for the same reason Emi x Nurse isn't a particularly common ship.
I'm thinking the fandom gods that it isn't a common thing, honestly. I expected it to be, and am pleasantly surprised by the seeming lack of it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, Akira x Hanako probably wouldn't happen during the timeline of the VN for the very reasons you state.

Doesn't mean it can't happen later, though.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

After reading some of YourFavAnon's fics (collected in this thread), I think Kenji/Miki would work pretty well. I don't know why everyone insists that Kenji and Yuuko need to get back together, that she's his One True Love, etc. Personally, I think they would have eventually broken up (albeit amiably) even if Kenji weren't a few beers short of a six-pack. (Although maybe I just think that because I want Yuuko for myself, I dunno.)
I could definitely see Hanako/Lilly happening. I don't really think of either of them as lesbian or bi overall, but I could picture an If It's You, It's Okay situation happening there, especially on Hanako's part. After all, she does say in so many words that she loves Lilly, and Lilly is the one person besides Hisao that she gets physically affectionate with at any point. In fact, I think Hisao and Lilly are the only two people she has any voluntary physical contact with at all.
Something I don't think I've seen anywhere: Akira/Nurse. Granted, getting them to meet might be problematic, but I think they'd get along famously. Their senses of humor would mesh well, anyway.
Heh, here's a thought: Kenji/Rin. But only if Kenji never finds out that Rin's female.
Last edited by emmjay on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

See, I actually see Lilly as being somewhat disapproving of lesbian relationships altogether (and not having the "if it's you, it's OK" attitude either, although she might tolerate it if Hanako were dating a woman), and Hanako being not at all attracted to Lilly in that way.

For Hanako, it'd be like trying to date her own mother, and that dynamic just ain't healthy at all.

As far as Kenji x Rin goes... Hmm. First, Kenji's problem isn't women, it's feminists, and second, Rin might actually not fit into the gender binary.
Numb

Post by Numb »

I'd actually like to see Sae and Mutou get together. Sae, as a character, doesn't get enough love, so maybe pairing her with everyone's favourite teacher would work. They're both passionate about their fields of work (in a good way, not a Nomiya way), and their personalities do seem pretty similar.

Another pairing that might be nice is Akio Hayashi (cane boy in the classroom CG) and Hanako. I'm not sure if there's much of a personality for Akio beyond the laid-back one I gave him in the last chapter of Blossom, but he seems like he'd be good for her. He wouldn't push her too much, they both love literature, play chess, prefer quiet environments and drink a lot of tea (I didn't get to implement the tea thing before halting).

There's a lot of pairings I had in mind when I started work on Blossom in the first place, so I'll just put them in a list below.
Miki x Taro (Romantic)
Suzu x Takashi (Romantic)
Misaki x Lelouch replacement (AKA Smiling guy) (Romantic)
Naomi x Ritsu (I originally had plans for Natsume to be with a male OC, scrapped them) (Romantic)
Misha x Kenta/Track Captain (Both gay, both energetic.)
Shizune x Hanako (Friends, Shizune helps Hanako open up a bit after Lilly leaves.)
Rin x Othello/Antique store guy (When she leaves the art gallery, I picture her going to that store and becoming friends with the old man, visiting whenever she can.)
Akira x Nurse (Romantic)

Hopefully one of those pairings piqued somebody's interest. Oh, and Nomiya x Nomiya's left hand :lol:
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

See, I actually see Lilly as being somewhat disapproving of lesbian relationships altogether (and not having the "if it's you, it's OK" attitude either, although she might tolerate it if Hanako were dating a woman), and Hanako being not at all attracted to Lilly in that way.
Is there anything you base that assumption on, other than the fact that Lilly's a Catholic? Not all Catholics disapprove of homosexuality, ya know?

Lilly certainly didn't seem uncomfortable talking about the confessions she received in middle school, so my assumption was she had no problems with it.
For Hanako, it'd be like trying to date her own mother, and that dynamic just ain't healthy at all.
By that same logic, dating Akira would be like dating her aunt. So dating her "surrogate mother" is unhealthy, but dating her "surrogate aunt" is the best thing that could happen to her? :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.