You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kyler Thatch

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Kyler Thatch »

HayStack44 wrote:When you cheer at your keyboard when, just out of curiosity having only heard about it recently, you check that awwnime bracket thing and notice that Lils and Hanako have been kicking arse and taking names :lol:
When you start to feel disappointed because Misha isn't.

When you start wondering if Ritsu counts for Team KS despite being a background cameo.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

HayStack44 wrote:When you cheer at your keyboard when, just out of curiosity having only heard about it recently, you check that awwnime bracket thing and notice that Lils and Hanako have been kicking arse and taking names :lol:
Shizune will beat them in a surprise victory. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

When you're friends (who took for ever to convince to try the game) don't like the waifu you like and and instead of fighting for your waifu's honor in the street you come here and look for posts that agree with you and read fanfiction .
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

MegaMoto wrote:...and and instead of fighting for your waifu's honor in the street you come here and look for posts that agree with you and read fanfiction .
...and that's why a read some of the comments on a KS review...

(Also, too "and"s.)
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

When you name your car after a KS character. My Chevy Metro is named Suzu for two reasons. One, because it's got a Suzuki engine; and two, on cold days, it has trouble waking up.
When you give serious thought to what kind of cars the characters would own, despite the fact that at least three of them will never be able to drive.
In no particular order, here's what I figure:
Misha: A Harley-Davidson. It just seems to fit. And Harleys are known for their distinctive noise, after all.
Hanako: Also a motorcycle, but something more along the lines of a Kawasaki. A crotch-rocket, in other words. And of course, she'd wear the kind of helmet that completely conceals the face.
Shizune: A BMW Z4 roadster, or something similarly powerful, expensive, and well-engineered.
Emi: A Mazda Miata.
Rin: A VW Beetle, either old or new. Which she would be constantly forgetting to maintain.
Kenji: A Volvo station wagon, festooned with political bumper stickers.
Lilly: Something comfortable and reliable, but not showy or flashy. Maybe a Mercedes or Lexus.
Hisao: Actually, I could see Hisao relying on public transport or his own two feet for the rest of his life.
Mutou: A beat-up, but still well-maintained, old Toyota Corolla hatchback.
Miki: Something fast and expensive. Corvette or somesuch. Or a [shimmie=3579]Lamborghini Miura[/shimmie].
Meiko: Well, she's just this side of a soccer mom, so - minivan.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

You begin to see every action random females make as some kind of conspiracy act... before dismissing the thought as crazy immediately, obviously.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
valoth

Post by valoth »

When you shift your language interest from Spanish/Chinese to Japanese just because of KS.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

valoth wrote:When you shift your language interest from Spanish/Chinese to Japanese just because of KS.
Sounds familiar, only mine was from Finnish to Japanese :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

valoth wrote:When you shift your language interest from Spanish/Chinese to Japanese just because of KS.
I've always wanted to learn Japanese so I could read more manga and untranslated VNs, but haven't quite found the time. How long does it take roughly to get passable at it?
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:How long does it take roughly to get passable at it?
As long as it takes you to learn it. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Well then, I'll be a monkey's second cousin drunk on lighter fluid.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

...when you find yourself narrating your day mentally like Hisao does his.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

neio

Post by neio »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
Well then, I'll be a monkey's second cousin drunk on lighter fluid.
To be serious, there's a big spectrum when learning any language. I was reading Tintin after two years of high school french, but Les Miserables I didn't start until college. I just started learning Japanese on the side a few months ago, and I can already get through Yotsubato! raws. Those are in kana alone, though. I have heard "80 weeks" as the standard for "passable" Japanese.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

neio wrote:To be serious, there's a big spectrum when learning any language. I was reading Tintin after two years of high school french, but Les Miserables I didn't start until college. I just started learning Japanese on the side a few months ago, and I can already get through Yotsubato! raws. Those are in kana alone, though. I have heard "80 weeks" as the standard for "passable" Japanese.
Hm. Might have to start during the Summer then... thanks.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

emmjay wrote:When you name your car after a KS character. My Chevy Metro is named Suzu for two reasons. One, because it's got a Suzuki engine; and two, on cold days, it has trouble waking up.
When you give serious thought to what kind of cars the characters would own, despite the fact that at least three of them will never be able to drive.
In no particular order, here's what I figure:
Misha: A Harley-Davidson. It just seems to fit. And Harleys are known for their distinctive noise, after all.
Hanako: Also a motorcycle, but something more along the lines of a Kawasaki. A crotch-rocket, in other words. And of course, she'd wear the kind of helmet that completely conceals the face.
Shizune: A BMW Z4 roadster, or something similarly powerful, expensive, and well-engineered.
Emi: A Mazda Miata.
Rin: A VW Beetle, either old or new. Which she would be constantly forgetting to maintain.
Kenji: A Volvo station wagon, festooned with political bumper stickers.
Lilly: Something comfortable and reliable, but not showy or flashy. Maybe a Mercedes or Lexus.
Hisao: Actually, I could see Hisao relying on public transport or his own two feet for the rest of his life.
Mutou: A beat-up, but still well-maintained, old Toyota Corolla hatchback.
Miki: Something fast and expensive. Corvette or somesuch. Or a [shimmie=3579]Lamborghini Miura[/shimmie].
Meiko: Well, she's just this side of a soccer mom, so - minivan.
So the next time I see an Aston Martin tearing down the highway with a suited, blonde female driver, toting an MP5, I'd know to duck out of the wa- oh, wait. Sorry; wrong media source.

Still, it probably wouldn't have been above Akira to possess an Aston Martin or some other 'super-car' once she's well up on the promotion ladder .... I think (?)
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015