Nekonomicon series continuation?

WORDS WORDS WORDS

NekoDude

Re: The Neko Story: Book 1 is in Pre-release

Post by NekoDude »

The first book, entitled "...And Nakai Makes Three", is now available as Pre-Release. This means it's complete, but minor changes may still be made if errors are found.

Including cover, intro, etc. this is a 328 page PDF.

SPOILER: The Miki curse is officially broken. Someone actually gets her. Too bad there's no happy ending.

There's no rest for the wicked. Work on the second book has already started.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Yukarin

Post by Yukarin »

I've been looking forward to this update so much.

I really really love how you portrayed Lilly here. I'm having so much laughs re-reading her chapters.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Yukarin wrote:I've been looking forward to this update so much.

I really really love how you portrayed Lilly here. I'm having so much laughs re-reading her chapters.
Lilly was fun to write. Practically all of my characters are internally snarky, and Lilly is no exception. She's just much more polite about it when she goes bitch-mode. I also enjoyed little things like figuring out how she'd amuse herself while riding in a car if there was nobody to talk to.
White Mice music!
NekoDude

White Mice is kind of a thing.

Post by NekoDude »

The band named in the book (White Mice) has actual recordings! Well, sort of... in the same sense as Deathmøle (the Questionable Content spinoff) exists, anyhow. There are seven tracks, four with vocals and three instrumental. One has guests, the others do not.

So yeah, if you wanted to hear me sing, now you can.
Last edited by NekoDude on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Mice music!
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

Is there away to read this on mobile?
Wahahaha~.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:Is there away to read this on mobile?
I don't know what formats would be compatible with any given mobile setup. If you can tell me what format you can use (maybe ePub?) then I'll see if I can do it.

Oh, and we're now up to seven White Mice songs. I'm still not a very good singer. :(
Last edited by NekoDude on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Mice music!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Native PDF viewers are available for Asha, Android, BlackBerry 7 and 10 (although the one for BB7 and older is paid (although the trial period never expired for me) and is pretty horrible (PDF To Go)), iOS, and Windows Phone 7 and 8, and the browser on Firefox OS can view web-hosted PDFs out of the box (but not from SD, apparently). The Android Adobe Reader apparently works on Sailfish. That's literally every current smartphone platform.

Even if you're rocking an ancient phone, there are PDF viewers available for Bada (although it looks like that one's absolutely terrible), Maemo, MeeGo, Palm OS, Symbian, webOS, and Windows Mobile. If your smartphone is a GEOS-based Nokia Communicator (which, because they're GSM, do actually still work as phones, but I can't imagine any of the internet functionality except maybe e-mail is still useful) or is an IBM Simon (and that's AMPS, so there's nowhere in the world left that has a tower that can run it AFAIK), or you have a dumbphone, I'm sorry, there's no PDF viewer for you. and maybe some of the 68k Palm OS smartphones can't run a decent PDF viewer, but otherwise...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

I use the ipad air and I can't find a working program to use
Wahahaha~.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Start here, although it's apparently not compatible with iOS 6 (then again, wouldn't an iPad Air have iOS 7 by default?), and I haven't used the iOS version (all my devices are on Android): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-r ... 37564?mt=8
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Yukarin

Post by Yukarin »

I have a question:

Why is Lilly's logo a butterfly?

Actually, why is everyone's Logo that way? I've been trying to find out (bar Neko's and Hisao's; those are really obvious) what they actually meant. I'm very curious.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Take a good look at Lilly's head.

Once you see it...
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Yukarin wrote:I have a question:

Why is Lilly's logo a butterfly?

Actually, why is everyone's Logo that way? I've been trying to find out (bar Neko's and Hisao's; those are really obvious) what they actually meant. I'm very curious.
Lilly's icon is a butterfly because of the giant black bow on her head that looks like a butterfly has made a nest in her hair.
Emi's strawberry... I don't even remember where I got that from any more. When it changes to a go-kart briefly, if you look really close, there's a strawberry where the number of the kart should be.
Suzu's is coffee at first (and crystals later) to show her current addiction.
Sally's is a horse because she owns a ranch. Should be pretty obvious. (Also the obvious "Mustang Sally" joke.)
Ben is a guy with a shovel because... well, his catchphrase is "do you need me to dump any bodies?"
Daisuke. Lawyer. Scales of justice.
Haruhiko's is a bleeding heart because he's a hemophiliac.
Akira's is the Sapporo logo because that's what she canonically drinks.
Hanako's is a flower because Hanako means "flower child". (Later it's a bottle when she's on her bender.)
Abe is the kid in charge of looking after the horses.

Other than Emi's, I didn't think any of these were particularly obscure.
White Mice music!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Emi canonically likes strawberries, and that's why everyone thinks her favorite color is pink.
NekoDude

Re: The Neko Story: Book 1 (...And Nakai Makes Three) releas

Post by NekoDude »

Consider today's release to be official. I made very few changes from the pre-release, certainly nothing worth re-reading for. I added a sentence and changed a word here and there, caught a couple minor formatting issues, and added some song quotes to Hanako's last bender chapter for this volume.

To those who wonder (upon hitting the end) why I chose to just end it there -- well, I have so many different plotlines in the air at once there is no hope of tying them all up neatly at the end of a volume. I realized that the one major plotline which is the basis for the title of the book has actually been resolved, thus it's time for a new title and a new book.
White Mice music!
edruil

Re: The Neko Story: Book 1 (...And Nakai Makes Three) releas

Post by edruil »

I can't say I'm a huge fan of your Neutral Evil Miki, and the "all the wealthy families at Yamaku are involved in drug cartels" plot point has been taxing my suspension of disbelief. Those aside, the writing is significantly improved from the initial iterations of this story that you posted on the forums months ago, and you managed to keep my attention through over 300 pages of text, which is no mean feat when it comes to fanfiction. I will be looking forward to the next release