Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

JohnnyTruant

Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by JohnnyTruant »

So, I'm in the works of writing an Emilogue! My current title for it is "Endorphin Rush". It progresses with chapters starting at 0, and each chapter will have it's own name as well. It immediately starts with the line Emi says at the end "What do you want to do today?". I hope to bring the feels like no other. If you guys want me to post it chapter by chapter instead of all in one post, let me know. It's going to be very lengthy. Maybe even as long as her original path. Just as a side note, I somewhat have a connection with Emi. I had a rough childhood and saw things go on that I hope no one ever has to see. I suffer from a mild mental illness because of it now. So I hope that I can write some similarly personal experiences in it that come across as eerie, surreal, and uncanny. Anyway, I'll keep you all updated. Feel free to comment suggestions or feedback! I'll reply as much as I can. I'd love to talk to others about this! :)
Last edited by JohnnyTruant on Sat May 10, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I like a cool, good pedal." - Nick Reinhardt (guitarist, main vocalist) of Tera Melos on his pedalboard.
Frosticle

Re: Writing An Emilogue!

Post by Frosticle »

Sounds very interesting to me, looking forward to it!

I'd also prefer chapter by chapter to allow some discussion between them. :)
Now we rise,
And we are everywhere.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

Alright. Thanks for the input. I'm around 400 words into it now.
"I like a cool, good pedal." - Nick Reinhardt (guitarist, main vocalist) of Tera Melos on his pedalboard.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'd also advise chapter by chapter, but be sure to alway be a little ahead of what you post (2-3 chapters always worked for me) so you can make adjustments as neccessary.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

You do promise a lot. Out of curiousity, have you written large projects before? Usually when someone posts an announcement of a very large fic, rather than a fic itself, and has no previous experience, I'm a bit skeptical.

My personal preference when it comes to writing is writing the whole thing up at once. (and perhaps letting a proofreader go through it afterwards) The ability to adjust any part of the story at any time is valuable to avoid writing yourself into a corner or having little pieces contradict each other. But to each his own. I get the desire for discussion...something I admittedly missed when I posted my own fic all at once...though you could circumvent that by writing the whole thing up and then posting it chapter by chapter afterwards. Anyway, it's a matter of preference.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

Guest Poster wrote:You do promise a lot. Out of curiousity, have you written large projects before? Usually when someone posts an announcement of a very large fic, rather than a fic itself, and has no previous experience, I'm a bit skeptical.

My personal preference when it comes to writing is writing the whole thing up at once. (and perhaps letting a proofreader go through it afterwards) The ability to adjust any part of the story at any time is valuable to avoid writing yourself into a corner or having little pieces contradict each other. But to each his own. I get the desire for discussion...something I admittedly missed when I posted my own fic all at once...though you could circumvent that by writing the whole thing up and then posting it chapter by chapter afterwards. Anyway, it's a matter of preference.

Although this is my first fic, I'm a musician/songwriter. I've written a handful of full concept albums and I'm only a high school student. My number one goal in life is to perform these on stage with my three best friends in front of a crowd. It's been my dream my entire life. I'm obsessed with music like you couldn't believe. I practice guitar about 3-5 hours a day (whenever I get the chance to). Music is literally stuck in my head 24/7 all day. I've been prescribed pills for insomnia. My worst nights are when I toss and turn in bed with a new inspiration, or worse, whenever I have an adrenaline rush from music. It's the same experience I have once I immerse myself into my little world when playing guitar. Nothing else matters to me. Just me and my guitar, and my effects pedals. It's a surreal feeling, and I've been told not many get to experience this feeling in life before, so my destiny as a musician is to bring this feeling to everyone. You feel so at ease and in tranquility, but at the same time, you absolutely want to tear the place to shreds due to the amount of inertia that carries throughout your body. It's a completely different realm, man. Anyway, before I go on a tangent here ... :D I take AP English 3, so the vocabulary should be up to par with the original story. Almost all of my classmates down through the years couldn't comprehend my thought process or the terms I would use. I've always had to dumb down, so to speak, the vocabulary I've used. I would go all out with it if you want me to, but I don't think it would fit well. It'd be very caricatural, though. I wasn't exactly an avid reader, but when I did read books, they'd be well developed.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

And I forgot to add, I'm going to make two different versions as well. A good ending and a bad one. They will both start with the alternate good ending; the one where Hisao apologizes to Emi on the track. I'll show the choices in brackets, and then show the one chosen a line down. I'm also going to place the music for the scene in brackets, as well, so if you want to listen to the soundtrack while you read you can. It'd be just like playing KS! I'll post the good one on the first day, and the bad version on the next. I'll probably start a new thread for the bad one to keep them partitioned.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Slow down there, tiger. If you don't have any writing experience and you're promising us two epilogues (and you mention wanting to rival the size of the actual route), I hope you already have a very detailed plot outline written down. A project of this magnitude could easily take months and that sugar buzz you're feeling right now probably isn't going to last all the way through. I suggest being extremely careful not to be too ambitious. You'd probably be better off starting small rather than trying to take on such a massive undertaking with limited experience. It's easy to overestimate your limits if you don't know where they are yet.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

Guest Poster wrote:Slow down there, tiger. If you don't have any writing experience and you're promising us two epilogues (and you mention wanting to rival the size of the actual route), I hope you already have a very detailed plot outline written down. A project of this magnitude could easily take months and that sugar buzz you're feeling right now probably isn't going to last all the way through. I suggest being extremely careful not to be too ambitious. You'd probably be better off starting small rather than trying to take on such a massive undertaking with limited experience. It's easy to overestimate your limits if you don't know where they are yet.
Thanks. I'll be careful for sure. I do have a detailed plot already laid out for both, but could take more contemplation. You wrote Sisterhood, so I have the utmost respect for you. That fic was genius. I was genuinely weeping when Hisao was struck by the biker. You are probably the biggest influence on me writing this right now! That was even better than Hanako's arc! Thanks so much for giving us that masterpiece, and thanks so much for your feedback! Well appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

UPDATE: I'm about 3,000 words in, and closing on Chapter 0. need to proofread and edit, now.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

UPDATE: Finished proofreading. Now, to rearrange the bad ending's and proofread that. Directly afterwards, I'll post one of them here.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Please don't give us an update of your writing status every hour^^°
You could spend that time writing and finishing earlier... We'll see soon enough when you post your first chapter.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

It is now in the final stages before being posted! Already proofread. monkeywitha6pack has volunteered to proofread further, help with brainstorming, and artwork! His avail is definitely not without being recognized. :P
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

I think I'm getting a bit to much credit ^^* I'm not really proof reading more beta reading and pointing out not grammar issues
Wahahaha~.
JohnnyTruant

Post by JohnnyTruant »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I think I'm getting a bit to much credit ^^* I'm not really proof reading more beta reading and pointing out not grammar issues
And I'm honestly not too concerned about grammar. The original game itself wasn't exactly the epitome of grandiloquent speech patterns.