KS affects 'us' much. But, do you think it affects 'them'?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KS affects 'us' much. But, do you think it affects 'them'?

I'm a male. I know a (few) female that cried like we did and have the same reaction like we have.
23%
I'm a male. I don't know about it but I think they will cry or have the same reaction like we have.
64%
I'm a male. I don't know about it but I think they will not cry nor have the same reaction like we have.
9%
I'm a male. I don't give a shit about it and I don't give a shit about females (a.k.a The Kenji Way).
No votes
I'm a female. I cried while playing this game and certainly it affects me.
4%
I'm a female. I didn't cry while playing this game but it still affects me.
No votes
I'm a female. I didn't cry while playing this game and it didn't leave me anything emotional.
No votes

Total votes: 47

TheVUP

Re: KS affects 'us' much. But, do you think it affects 'them

Post by TheVUP »

Rudz wrote:Like has already been discussed, the question is not whether or not it would affect them as such - it is more so how likely they would be to get drawn in to KS in the first place in my opinion. Anyone with a heart will be affected by KS - if you do not get feels at this game, I'm sorry, but you have no soul. None. Not even the tiniest little bit of one. :P
Sorry I missed this.
I once read somewhere, there is this dude saying that he got no feeling after he played the game. Not sure if he is trolling or what.
Sadly I can't remember where I read that.
Rudz wrote:I'll admit, to date, KS has been my one and only VN experience, simply because it was such a pure and good experience that has actually drawn me fully into the story, I don't want to try another incase it's just sexsexsexsexsexsexdialoguesexsexsexsexsex.
Same with me.
KS is the first and, by far the only VN I've played, yet I think it's the best VN.

"Why don't you try another VN?" you might ask.
Simply because if I had found something great, I rarely [doesn't mean I won't] look for another one.

Plus, someone here said "if you're constantly seeking the next high, it probably won't end well".
Bonus points if you knew who said that =D
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Atario wrote:I think my favorite part of that article is where it mentions disabilities. Oh wait. No. It doesn't. I mean, my favorite part is where it talks about humans: women choosing men who are the most unlike themselves, according to microbiological criteria based on subconscious scent signals. Which is totally the same thing.
Well, I see you as a smart person, so I expect that instead of looking at the stick mocking me and trying to pull out the most incompetent bits of text from the link I gave you, you will follow some links at this page and read about sexual selection and filter theory, which state that women tend to seek men who are similar to them (similar as in age, race, social status and religion) and superior to some other men, which can follow up as women being picky about their men not being disabled, and vise versa, since this is 21st century, and sexes in most countries are sorta equal. Combining that with a thesis that most disabled people have difficulties even in modern world (I guess this needs no proof - ride a wheelchair, wear an eyepatch on one eye or plug your ear for a week to understand what I mean, and those aren't severe cases) you get the idea why I said that disabled people have difficulties having full-scale social life (not talking about pretty girls there, there are people of all ages, genders and social statuses there). No one wants to make one's life more complex by biting off an edge from a puzzle piece.
Need anything else?
Atario

Post by Atario »

wazuzu wrote:Need anything else?
No, you've quite thoroughly managed to show us all something we should remember about you. Thanks.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Thanks, this information is very important to everyone, and is definitely on topic. You can go on if you want, we all are interested in your judgements.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Atario and wazuzu, you both have a choice to either carry your off-topic passive-aggressive snark to PMs or to become temporarily unable to do so. Your pick.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Labargoth

Post by Labargoth »

Where's the "I'm a male. I know a female that didn't cry while playing this game and didn't leave her anything emotional." option?
Sad, but true. My gf didn't like this game very much and quit shortly after she finished act 1.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Labargoth wrote:Where's the "I'm a male. I know a female that didn't cry while playing this game and didn't leave her anything emotional." option?
Sad, but true. My gf didn't like this game very much and quit shortly after she finished act 1.
Well there's her problem, Act 1 is just the "choose your route" pre-story, pretty much.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Labargoth

Post by Labargoth »

SpunkySix wrote:
Labargoth wrote:Where's the "I'm a male. I know a female that didn't cry while playing this game and didn't leave her anything emotional." option?
Well there's her problem, Act 1 is just the "choose your route" pre-story, pretty much.
Ikr? Still that won't change much about it.
cantataria

Post by cantataria »

I'm a female and I was absolutely obsessed with this game, cried, went into withdrawals when it was over etc etc but it was also at an emotional point in my life. also i just cry a lot. but i really really loved it and it still affects me even on replaying it.
Atario

Post by Atario »

cantataria wrote:[the normal human reaction to the game]
I think I probably can't trust anyone who feels nothing from this game.

Off topic, but I just noticed you also have "atari" in your name. We should totally hang out.

Rudz

Post by Rudz »

Atario wrote:Off topic, but I just noticed you also have "atari" in your name. We should totally hang out.
Smooth. ;)
"I can't help...feeling a bit happy. For so long...that's what I've wanted...to hear..."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Rudz wrote:
Atario wrote:Off topic, but I just noticed you also have "atari" in your name. We should totally hang out.
Smooth. ;)
I'm shipping it already.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

Rudz wrote:Smooth. ;)
"It's kismet, baby! [Offers this joystick] Will you my player 2?"

Potato

Post by Potato »

Reminder that Atari nearly destroyed the games industry and you should feel bad.

:P And there are better things to play with someone else anyway. Like Twister. :twisted:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Reminder that Atari nearly destroyed the games industry and you should feel bad.
Being that they invented it, it was theirs to destroy.

I'm just saying, you have Atari to thank for Katawa Shoujo. :lol: