Terrible Secret of Yamaku (Trogdor shorts, upd. 2014/01/28)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Trogdor

Terrible Secret of Yamaku (Trogdor shorts, upd. 2014/01/28)

Post by Trogdor »

Emi gets another chance

I still regret what I said to him the last time. I know I was wrong, but both of us needed some time to cool off after that.

It's been three weeks. I force myself to make the call. He actually answers.

"Hello?"

"Hi." I sigh. "I wanted to apologize. I said some horrible, nasty things I didn't really mean and I was hoping maybe..."

"No, no... actually you may have been right. Maybe I never did understand you, and maybe you don't understand me." He doesn't sound angry, just sort of... resigned.

"Yeah well maybe we could see our way to some sort of understanding." Best way to a man's heart is through his pants, and I don't intend to let him miss the point. "Like... I'd like to see you again."

"You've seen me every morning, and not once have you taken the time to say more than three words to me."

"I'd like to see you for a lot more than words, Hisao. Like maybe a date in the equipment shed, say, seven o'clock?"

There is hesitation at the other end. Fuck. But finally, he says, "You know what? Yeah. I'll be there. Bring your 'A' game."

---

I make it out to the shed early. Might as well get dibs, right? But it's already occupied, and I know who one of the people inside has to be, unless maintenance has started using it as a love shack. Oh well, it's only 6:40, there's still time.

Seven rolls around, and the shed is still rocking. No sign of Hisao. Would he dare stand me up on a booty call? Of all the nerve.

7:15. It's starting to get cold just standing around. Still no Hisao. But at least the shed has gone quiet, maybe I'll just get to any cleanup when it empties and hope for the best.

The door opens. "You're getting the hang of it, man. I told you it was all a matter of technique." That would be the Captain.

"Yeah, you're not the one who will be walking bow legged for a week." Both laugh, and a wave of warm, lemony santorum scent hits me.

"No need to lock up," I tell the Captain from my position in a shadow about five meters away. "I need access anyhow."

"All righty then, I leave the love shack in your capable hands." He skips away.

"Sorry we ran late," Hisao says from the door. "Are you ready for your turn?"
Last edited by Trogdor on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
This American apple pie institution known as a trigger warning will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. This post contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life.
--
I burninated Hanako's house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.
Munchenhausen

Re: Emi gets another chance.

Post by Munchenhausen »

For some reason, I did not see that coming :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
UltimateShammer

Post by UltimateShammer »

That was... unexpected to say the least. I did enjoy that a good amount however. Gave me something to smile at.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost, like tears in the rain. Time... to die.
Mournful3ch0

Post by Mournful3ch0 »

Interesting work, Mr. Burninator. Not a huge fan of yaoi, but it was short and funny. Good one!
Image "Forsooth, that line was feeble." - Courtesy of Mirage_GSM
Image "It occurs to me that maybe I’m an idiot." - Thanks to Jaspirian
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I approve of this fic. Good job! 8)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Trogdor

Firewall. [A Hanako prequel.]

Post by Trogdor »

“I have always liked your hair.” Kyoko picks up a handful and smiles at me. Why can’t she smile instead of sneering when her friends are around, pushing me and taking my books? “Would you help me with mine? It would give me a chance to apologize… for yesterday.”

Something doesn’t feel right, but I can’t let my whole life be run by fear and distrust. “S-sure, Kyoko. T-tomorrow m-maybe?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world!” She skips away.

I find my usual spot in the library is occupied. The last thing I want is more trouble, after what happened yesterday, so I find another secluded spot amongst the atlases and maps. I’m reading a magazine I found at the local train station that someone had left behind. 2600: The Hacker Quarterly. I don’t understand most of it, but I’m intrigued by people who would actually write about their crimes and misdeeds. Aren’t they afraid of getting caught?

What’s “plausible deniability” mean? It looks like that’s some fancy hacker term for “make it look like an accident.” Okay, that I can understand.

“I think the little bacon bitch fell for it.” Kyoko? “We’re supposed to have a hair styling session tomorrow. Just watch me for the signal, I’ll let you know where and when.”

Bacon bitch? REALLY? We’ll see who gets fried this time.

---

“See?” I open my backpack. “Hairspray. Lots and lots of hairspray. It keeps everything exactly where I want it.”

“Oh! Sounds like a lot of work, Hanako, thanks for showing me your secrets. Where do you want to do this?”

“Well there’s this bathroom on the second floor nobody ever uses because it doesn’t have any water…”

“Oh the smoking room… uh, never mind. That’ll work!” I see her flash some sort of sign as we walk.

Yeah. The smoking room. I pat my pocket to make sure I’m still prepared.

I start by brushing her hair to spread it out as much as possible. “You want to make it look fuller. My hair is kinda thin on one side, so I have to make it look bigger than it really is.” The more hairspray I can pile on, the better. I empty one can and start in on the second.

“Really? I thought you dyed that bit or something. It looks… distinctive.” I can hear her chuckling to herself.

More hairspray. “See, it stays just where you want it. Then, for a finishing touch…”

I pull the lighter from my pocket and turn the hair spray into a blowtorch. It only takes one swipe to set Kyoko’s entire mane ablaze. I can hear her screams echoing down the hall as she runs. I smash one of the lights surrounding the mirror, give it a quick blast of blowtorch, then pick the cleanest of the disused toilets. I ditch the lighter, curl up beside the toilet, and cry as hard as I can until someone decides to check up on me.
This American apple pie institution known as a trigger warning will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. This post contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life.
--
hyroglyphixs

Re: Firewall. [A Hanako prequel.]

Post by hyroglyphixs »

Woah. Didn't think good ol' Hanako would have it in her to do that. Fantastic writing a cool little story :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite" - Okabe Rintarou
El. Psy. Congroo~
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Burn.

i dunno it just seemed like a good comment okay with the topic and all
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Hmm this is one of those very short stories that I'm not quite sure what to think about... if there even is much to consider in the first place.

Hanako does something that goes against her character and behavior and can hardly be called a prequel because doing all that would most likely mean that Hanako never enters Yamaku and even if that somehow does occur it's still obviously not the Hanako we know as of KS.

It's just a very short "What if" revenge fantasy. At least give us proper monologue as to why this particular case drives Hanako over the edge.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

can hardly be called a prequel because doing all that would most likely mean that Hanako never enters Yamaku
I smash one of the lights surrounding the mirror, give it a quick blast of blowtorch, ...
I ditch the lighter, curl up beside the toilet, and cry as hard as I can
Plausible Deniability...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I kinda thought that plausible deniability hinges on, well, you know. Plausibility.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And a freak electrical fire in an abandoned, unmaintained, most likely vandalized restroom isn't plausible from the point of view of any staff that investigate it?

(We know it isn't one, but the word of the known bully versus the timid girl that runs away and breaks into tears at the slightest provocation, combined with evidence of a fire starting at the light bulb (which can happen, actually, my family home caught on fire due to a faulty light bulb) while a very flammable aerosol was being sprayed...)

Really, the problem isn't with the plausible deniability, it's with reconciling this Hanako with the later canon one.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

bhtooefr wrote:Really, the problem isn't with the plausible deniability, it's with reconciling this Hanako with the later canon one.
I guess that's more of what I was getting at. The circumstances are certainly plausible, but for the Hanako we know to do something like this is in itself, implausible. Of course, that's a very meta perspective that has no bearing on how the teachers and other students will see the incident.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Trogdor

Post by Trogdor »

Mahorfeus wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Really, the problem isn't with the plausible deniability, it's with reconciling this Hanako with the later canon one.
I guess that's more of what I was getting at. The circumstances are certainly plausible, but for the Hanako we know to do something like this is in itself, implausible. Of course, that's a very meta perspective that has no bearing on how the teachers and other students will see the incident.
This act broke Hanako more than the bullying itself ever could. She knows she is capable of premeditated evil, and will go to any length to make sure it never happens again. Sometimes she runs to save the people on the other end from her.

Cause versus symptom.
--
Trogdor

Terrible Secret of Yamaku

Post by Trogdor »

I am the shover robot. I push bread down their throats.

“So he accepted your invitation to the tea room?” Lilly smiles, and Hanako nods. “Things are progressing nicely. Our running has been going pretty well too.” I cross another item off our to-do list.

“Everything smells like butterflies. Maybe tomorrow butterflies will taste like chicken. Everything tastes like chicken, unless it doesn’t.” Thanks, Rin.

Shizune chimes in. [...]

Misha translates. “You don’t taste like chicken, you taste like paint. Wait Shii-chan, how do you know that?”

Shizune just smiles and crosses her arms.

“Very well, we all have our assignments. Let’s stick to them.” I try to give my best stern look, but all it does is make everyone smile. “Meeting adjourned.”

---

The next morning, after completing his four laps, I slow down as I pass on my sixth lap long enough to give Hisao a swat on the backside. “Good job, now keep walking. You don’t want to just stop. It’s not good for your system.”

After a couple more laps, I check up on him as he lays on the infield grass. “How come everyone is so nice to me? I mean I’m not complaining, but I don’t feel like I’m worthy of all the attention.”

“Mmm… I dunno, I hadn’t noticed. I can only speak for myself, but it’s been a long time since I had a running partner.” I resume my cooldown walk.

---

“Everyone has filed their mission reports, and it looks like we have five yeas, zero nays, and a rabbit-shaped cloud.” I look around the room, and four pairs of eyes look back at me. And then there’s Lilly. “I guess it’s time.”

“T-time is but an i-illusion. Lunchtime, d-doubly so.” You are the pusher robot. You shove around the blind people.

We draw straws to see who will give him the summons. Dammit, did it have to be Rin? She has almost as much difficulty sending a text as Lilly does, and far more difficulty holding a phone to her ear. I help her punch it into her phone.

I guess now we head for the place he’s going to assume he should meet her, classroom 3-4. We have deemed him worthy of the Secret. The Terrible Secret of Yamaku.

Or should I say… Yurimaku.

I suppose it's better than having to push him down the stairs to protect him.
--