Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Why are you in love with her?

Looks
13%
Personality
19%
Social skills
8%
Attitudes/interests
14%
Sex scenes
4%
Back-story
7%
Future potential
8%
Similarity to myself
11%
Dissimilarity from myself
4%
Similarity to a real-life person I love(d)
5%
Dissimilarity from a real-life person I hate(d)
1%
First I was familiar with ("First girl wins")
4%
Last I was familiar with ("Last girl wins")
0%
Other (explain in comments)
1%

Total votes: 271

Atario

Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

Post by Atario »

We've seen a lot of polls about which girl is your favorite, but not as to why (at least, that I can find). Why did you come to like your favorite most?

If you have more than one favorite, feel free to commingle all applicable answers.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KeiichiO

Re: Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

Post by KeiichiO »

Rin, because her way of thinking is beautiful, and she reminds me of myself in several ways. She'll always have a place in my heart.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I've got three favorites, really.

Hanako's a misanthropic nerd with anxiety issues who ends up having a happy ending. I've got a little less misanthropy, I'm far more of a nerd, and my anxiety issues are much more... specific, whereas hers are general. Also, first girl wins. So, she gets attitudes/interests, future potential, similarity to myself, and first girl wins. She also certainly doesn't look bad, although she's not exactly my type physically (the scars aren't my problem, for what it's worth, and I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers), so I didn't check looks because of her.

Emi... some of her art creeped me out a bit, but most of it... physically, she's almost the definition of my type (except my type is less loli than her). And, honestly, in some ways she reminded me of the last person that I can truly say I loved (more physically than in personality).

Akira... I find her quite attractive, too. Her no bullshit approach to life is interesting. And, she actually reminds me a lot of the same person that Emi reminds me of. (More in personality than physically, though.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Numb

Post by Numb »

Shizune for all the reasons that people don't usually expect. I liked Shizune for her personality and her general approach to life, mainly because I'm the same way she is. I didn't pick looks, decided to limit myself to only three categories, but she is my type if we compare her to a real person. It's mainly the "cold until you get to know her" thing that I like, likely because it means you took the time to get to know the person instead of judging them straight away.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Potato

Post by Potato »

As much as Rin's nature and Hanako's cuteness are attractive elements, the communication issues and insurmountable shyness are as frustrating so...Maybe Lilly or Akira. Both aren't constant talkers (Emi) which works for me because I don't often see any point to idle small talk. "How's the weather?" "It's alright. *topic complete, wanders away*"

Then Lilly's got the calmness and serene demeanor...But Akira's got a rough edge to her that the other doesn't show and Lilly's apparently infinite calm could very likely become agitating. But then Lilly's blindness provides an interesting aspect to the whole experience, and you can't fault the sex drive. :lol: Lilly's more in line with preferences (despite ultimately subverting the archetype) while Akira strikes as stubborn and difficult which is engaging yet frustrating.

On the other hand, Shizune seems to be a blend of various traits I like from those two. She doesn't go after sex as frequently as Lilly in-game but arguably more intensely when she does. She's generally fairly calm and balanced and a contemplative sort by nature (and required by her condition, which is an interesting facet much like Lilly's) but has a stubborn roughness and competitiveness that I find engaging and oddly endearing. So...I'd go with Shizune as favorite for effectively blending the best of the Satou brethren while still having her own character to add to the mix.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Personally I like Lilly and Shizune the most.

Lilly mainly for the reasons that Potato has already so eloquently stated :lol:

And Shizune?

I like her because her personality is very endearing (to me at least). That and she's pretty, and adorable (when she wants to be).
Also her sex scenes were a plus :lol:

I guess I'll say it. I am a weak, weak man.

KeiichiO wrote:and she reminds me of myself in several ways. She'll always have a place in my heart.
And that's actually the main reason why I dislike Rin personally :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:Personally I like Lilly and Shizune the most.

Lilly mainly for the reasons that Potato has already so eloquently stated :lol:

And Shizune?

I like her because her personality is very endearing (to me at least). That and she's pretty, and adorable (when she wants to be).
Also her sex scenes were a plus :lol:

I guess I'll say it. I am a weak, weak man.

KeiichiO wrote:and she reminds me of myself in several ways. She'll always have a place in my heart.
Oh, I suspect Shizune can be Hanako levels of adorable under the right circumstances. :lol: And all men are weak compared to her pet grizzly be- I mean dad.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:Oh, I suspect Shizune can be Hanako levels of adorable under the right circumstances. :lol: And all men are weak compared to her pet grizzly be- I mean dad.
Shizune's cat smile.

That is all.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

My initial assumption was that I would like Hanako or Lilly best. Then after playing through the Act 1 release, I realized that I'm married to someone who is more like Emi & Shizune, so they became my favorites. As my sig shows, they're still tops with me. The separation between any two of the girls is really small though.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:
W-w-w-what are you saying?? > ^ >
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
W-w-w-what are you saying?? > ^ >
I dislike Rin because she reminds me of myself too much.
Example, when she's off on a filibuster about nothing I want to throttle her because I do that far too much and it pisses me off. :lol:

Rin's an awesome girl, but she pisses me off because I piss myself off :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:I dislike Rin because she reminds me of myself too much.
Example, when she's off on a filibuster about nothing I want to throttle her because I do that far too much and it pisses me off. :lol:

Rin's an awesome girl, but she pisses me off because I piss myself off :lol:
Ohhhh. I thought you meant you dislike her because I said I'm reminded of myself... My brain is a bit sloppy due to lack of sleep.

Anyways, yeah. I get where you're coming from. She frustrated me too. I thought she was making really dumb decisions at points. it took me a while to realize that I'd probably make the same, or similar decisions if I was in her place. Twas quite the revelation for me.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:Anyways, yeah. I get where you're coming from. She frustrated me too. I thought she was making really dumb decisions at points. it took me a while to realize that I'd probably make the same, or similar decisions if I was in her place. Twas quite the revelation for me.
I picked up on it right off the bat. I was literally thinking to myself "Rin, no. Don't do that" *she does it* "GODDAMN IT!"
I also draw, kind of.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hanako for me. Yes, I confess theres a bit of WK'ing there, though I do my best to resist it. Its not that I want to protect her, but that I want to help and cheer her on to grow, and to function better. On her own terms of course.
She reminds me a lot of myself. Uncomfortable around people, and introverted. Its nice to know that even shy people have a chance to find love and acceptence. Plus I love long, beautiful dark hair. If she only wore glasses she'd be perfect. :)

Steinherz wrote:
I'm the same way about Rin. I'm the romantic type, and there isn't much thats warm and cuddly about Rin. She'd make a great friend to hang out with and talk to. But a lousy love partner.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Potato

Post by Potato »

pandaphil wrote:If she only wore glasses she'd be perfect. :)
I'm not sure she'd be able to see if she wore glasses.

Also, I agree with everyone that Rin's frustrating as hell.

Emi too. :x