The Music of Katawa Shoujo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mute

Re: The Music of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Mute »

hitman555z wrote:
Silentcook wrote:Thread merging happened, yo. Don't panic. :!:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... espair.png
Am I the only one who opened up KS and started playing Cold Iron upon seeing this image?
You just lost the game.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Mute wrote:
hitman555z wrote:
Silentcook wrote:Thread merging happened, yo. Don't panic. :!:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... espair.png
Am I the only one who opened up KS and started playing Cold Iron upon seeing this image?
ditto, but i used my phone.
no hidden message in here
sennit

Post by sennit »

While on the look for another great VN, I found the composer of the Katawa Shoujo music is helping with another VN in the works. So that particular story-line should have a sweet, sweet music accompaniment.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

sennit wrote:While on the look for another great VN, I found the composer of the Katawa Shoujo music is helping with another VN in the works. So that particular story-line should have a sweet, sweet music accompaniment.
Hopefully the story is worthy of it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
AMerePerson

Post by AMerePerson »

sennit wrote:While on the look for another great VN, I found the composer of the Katawa Shoujo music is helping with another VN in the works. So that particular story-line should have a sweet, sweet music accompaniment.
Could I ask what it is?
sennit

Post by sennit »

AMerePerson wrote:
Could I ask what it is?
I believe it is called Driftwood. Its supposedly due for release sometime next year, for free at that. And I'm big on free VN's :)
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

sennit wrote:
AMerePerson wrote:
Could I ask what it is?
I believe it is called Driftwood. Its supposedly due for release sometime next year, for free at that. And I'm big on free VN's :)
Downloading Demo.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

sennit wrote:
AMerePerson wrote:
Could I ask what it is?
Hopefully the soundtrack will be available.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Potato

Post by Potato »

sennit wrote:
AMerePerson wrote:
Could I ask what it is?
Oh hell, Driftwood...A.K.A "Generic KS Clone: The Visual Novel"
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:Oh hell, Driftwood...A.K.A "Generic KS Clone: The Visual Novel"
And Katawa Shoujo is "Generic Visual Novel #945" so yeah. Don't knock other VNs because "inspired by" != "the same as"
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm willing to give it a look, even if its a clone. As long as its a good and not just an unimaginative copy.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:I'm willing to give it a look, even if its a clone. As long as its a good and not just an unimaginative copy.
Seeing as how it's not about crippled girls, and set in America, it's nowhere near a clone.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I'm willing to give it a look, even if its a clone. As long as its a good and not just an unimaginative copy.
Seeing as how it's not about crippled girls, and set in America, it's nowhere near a clone.
Bland rehash of a better product then, if you want to be literal about it. Nothing I've seen or read about it here or elsewhere shows me anything to set it apart as interesting or unique meanwhile what I have seen and read screams 'uninspired inferior rendition of KS" so my expectations are set for what I see. If the final product - if there ever is one, considering the tenuous-at-best fates of many Kickstarter projects - proves otherwise, good for it. Until then...At least the music should be pretty great.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Wasn't there a VN in the works about a school for people with mental conditions?
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

pandaphil wrote:Wasn't there a VN in the works about a school for people with mental conditions?
Mentaru Shoujo, or as it's now called, Missing Stars. I know one of the writers for it.