Katawa Shoujo.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Setarious

Katawa Shoujo.

Post by Setarious »

I just completed my first playthrough, I was a bit disappointed as I managed to seduce Emi (I really wanted Hanako from the moment I saw her for the first time in the class room, I thought to my self her!.... the shy girl with the Scars shall be mine!) But pushing through my disappointment, I managed to cry for ages. I actually felt the emotions pouring out of everyone I met in the game, Hisao's rage and anger when Emi started to push him away, the pain she was hiding.... all of it made me drown in a pool of feels. I applaud you Fellow 4channers!
MegaMoto

Re: Katawa Shoujo.

Post by MegaMoto »

Sounds like my experience. Emi is my favorite shoujo. Hanako is super good to though.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to our world Setarious. :)

The game messes with your heart all right, but its well worth it. Looking forward to your thoughts on the other girls.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Welcome to the club. I lost all my KS data so it looks like I'll be joining you on the quest to (re)completion. :mrgreen:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

I would have gotten Emi, if I didn't go "doe" and restarted. As I wanted to read Hanako's bit. Then Lilly's. Took me a little bit to actually understand Lilly's story (damn Asperger's, making me either feel, emotionally, or making me have so much apathy it's not even funny), but when I understood her story, I felt like I was impaled to a wall.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xaredian wrote: Took me a little bit to actually understand Lilly's story (damn Asperger's, making me either feel, emotionally, or making me have so much apathy it's not even funny), but when I understood her story, I felt like I was impaled to a wall.
I was the same, only with Shizune's route. I couldn't really get into it at all, but once... things started happening later on in the route, the emotions started kicking in, and I was much more attached to what was going on. I also deal with Asperger's to a degree, but I think the reason I had trouble getting into her story was because Shizune and I are, in many ways, foils to each other. I couldn't really relate with her, thus, I wasn't really interested in her.

I was much more interested with Emi at first, but then I ran into Rin. The universe might as well have been revolving around her at that point.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I hoped for Hanako, but ended up with Emi instead. Didn't really bother me though, since I planned to play all the girls eventually anyway, and figured Hanako was worth the wait.

Plus by the time I made it to Lilly, I already knew her fairly well from Hanako's story. So it was never a problem.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Atario

Post by Atario »

It's pretty amusing to me how commonly Emi ends up everyone's first heroine. I ended up going her route last. (Never did like running… But Emi herself made it worthwhile!)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:It's pretty amusing to me how commonly Emi ends up everyone's first heroine. I ended up going her route last. (Never did like running… But Emi herself made it worthwhile!)
People usually assume running is the smart option for Hisao. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:It's pretty amusing to me how commonly Emi ends up everyone's first heroine. I ended up going her route last. (Never did like running… But Emi herself made it worthwhile!)
People usually assume running is the smart option for Hisao. :lol:
When I first got to that point in the game, I thought "Trying to outrace the track star? That's a really stupid way of dying of testosterone poisoning." I picked that choice just to see what would happen, kind of figuring the game would end with a fatal heart attack. I guess that's how Emi like's em -- lots of testosterone, not so much in the cranium.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Liminaut wrote:When I first got to that point in the game, I thought "Trying to outrace the track star? That's a really stupid way of dying of testosterone poisoning." I picked that choice just to see what would happen, kind of figuring the game would end with a fatal heart attack. I guess that's how Emi like's em -- lots of testosterone, not so much in the cranium.
Yeah, testosterone poisoning...Or, you know, severe heart malfunction. XD Competitiveness basically has jack to do with testosterone if Shizune's any indication. :lol: That or she's a guy...Given Hideaki, a likely twist.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

He's a fairly active teenager who's had his ass kicked hard by his illness. Its natural that he'd "go for it" in an attempt to to tell the world to fuck itself, and to prove to himself that he's not a helpless invalid.

And maybe theres still a bit of denial there.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:
Liminaut wrote:When I first got to that point in the game, I thought "Trying to outrace the track star? That's a really stupid way of dying of testosterone poisoning." I picked that choice just to see what would happen, kind of figuring the game would end with a fatal heart attack. I guess that's how Emi like's em -- lots of testosterone, not so much in the cranium.
Yeah, testosterone poisoning...Or, you know, severe heart malfunction. XD Competitiveness basically has jack to do with testosterone if Shizune's any indication. :lol: That or she's a guy...Given Hideaki, a likely twist.
Not very likely, actually. I'm pretty sure we saw Hisao inside her gooch.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

That actually doesn't determine whether Shizune's a guy or not. That said, she identifies as female, so she isn't a guy, regardless of what genitals she was born with or what genitals she currently has.

Also, ovaries and the adrenal glands do secrete testosterone.

(Now, if we're going to discuss the gender of the various characters... I'll make the argument that the only non-cis character that we know of is Rin, who is arguably genderqueer - they've been known to identify as both male and female.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

bhtooefr wrote:That said, she identifies as female, so she isn't a guy, regardless of what genitals she was born with or what genitals she currently has.
I'm not sure that's how it works. "Guy" pretty clearly refers to males, biologically-speaking. :lol:

And I'd imagine Rin doesn't identify as both as much as she just doesn't care to identify.