Yamaku's Swimming Pool

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Atario »

Guest Poster wrote:Or rather, quit themselves. In shame. Or jump off the school's roof.
After downing several shots of whisky and a bag of pretzels.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Xaredian wrote:I was more thinking people like Misha would be the lifeguard. You know, the one's without disabilities.
I dunno, is Misha responsible enough for that? Seems she'd neglect the 'guard' part...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Potato wrote:
Xaredian wrote:I was more thinking people like Misha would be the lifeguard. You know, the one's without disabilities.
I dunno, is Misha responsible enough for that? Seems she'd neglect the 'guard' part...
I was saying students without disabilities could be volunteer lifeguards. Not meaning Misha only. Unless, she's the only student there without a disability.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And some of the disabled students, their disabilities wouldn't get in the way.

Just in 3-3, Hanako, Ritsu, Takashi, Shizune, Misha, Ikuno, Miki, and Lezard could physically do it. Possibly Molly with the right adaptations, too. I've excluded Haruhiko because he could get injured trying to, say, remove an epileptic student from the pool, the danger is too high. Miki would struggle with only having one hand, Hanako would have obvious mental issues preventing it, Shizune would have obvious communication issues.

Outside of 3-3, Emi, with the same adaptations as Molly would need, could certainly do it. Depending on Rika's vulnerability to heart attacks, she would also be able to do it, but the idea of anyone's lives depending on her gives me nightmares.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

bhtooefr wrote:Hanako would have obvious mental issues preventing it
Is she afraid of water?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

No, but she's afraid of people, and has a habit of running from stressful situations.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

bhtooefr wrote:No, but she's afraid of people, and has a habit of running from stressful situations.
Apart from the swimsuit problem, a Lifeguard has to be highly visable, and able to yell at people when they're screwing around. Hanako just couldn't do it.

I'm thinking Miki seems a likely candidate. Though she's probably too busy with the track team.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, there's the obvious legal problem of assigning a job people's lives depend on to minors...
It's one thing to tell them to go swimming together and help each other - it's another thing entirely to give them lifeguard duty^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, there's the obvious legal problem of assigning a job people's lives depend on to minors...
It's one thing to tell them to go swimming together and help each other - it's another thing entirely to give them lifeguard duty^^°
Japanese courts are presided over by Santa in his downtime. Never mind the legal stuff. :lol:

Nomiya probably has free time. Nobody seems terribly interested in pursuing art...
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hmmm.

Interesting choice.
- Being rescued and given mouth-to-mouth resuscitation by Nomiya.
- Drowing.

If wonder how many students would pick the second one. :D
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Potato wrote:Nomiya probably has free time. Nobody seems terribly interested in pursuing art...
The Yamaku swim team disbands upon Nomiya getting the lifeguard position.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Guest Poster wrote:Being rescued and given mouth-to-mouth resuscitation by Nomiya.
A wise man once said that for every situation you want to give, there's someone for whom that's a fetish.

What I'm saying is, Kenji pretends to drown on the regular.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, there's the obvious legal problem of assigning a job people's lives depend on to minors...
The International Lifesaving Federation (of which the Japan Lifesaving Association is a member) puts the minimum age for (full-fledged) lifeguarding at 16 years. The Japan Lifesaving Assocation, from what I can tell, has a minimum age of 15 for Surf Lifesaving, and 16 for Advanced Surf Lifesaving - a more intense role than pool lifeguarding.

In actuality, most lifeguards tend to be (volunteer) teenagers, but there are of course "veterans" who lean more toward mid-late 20s. As a general rule, though, lifeguarding tends to skew young (in part because of physical requirements).
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I would suspect that if you volunteer, you're probably have to take a course, or get certified or some such.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Guest Poster wrote:Hmmm.

Interesting choice.
- Being rescued and given mouth-to-mouth resuscitation by Nomiya.
- Drowning.

If wonder how many students would pick the second one. :D
:lol: Okay, maybe Mutou then. His 'science club' never went anywhere.