The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, right as the good ending has come, Hanako says "I wanted to give you this for a long time, but now that I have to, it's embarrassing." To me that says she's wanted an equal relationship as friends since meeting Hisao.
In that particular statement, she's actually talking about that kiss she gives Hisao in her good ending. And I don't think that one was about an equal relationship as friends, but rather about a desire to be in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with him. It suggests that Hanako developed a crush on Hisao quite quickly (since the entire route only takes about 6 weeks from start to finish, so "a long time" can't have been all that long in an absolute sense), maybe as early as the first week. If I had to pick a point, I'd say that first Saturday where she first thanked Hisao for spending time with her in the library was probably around the time she realized she liked this boy and not just as a friend.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

So, we've just mentioned that Hanako doesn't trust people easily, and dislikes being coddled by Lilly, yet now we say she wanted Hisao as a boyfriend after only a week? Sounds like something could definitely be fixed up, to me. It also sounds like things could have been really volatile if she did in fact start dating Hisao after only a week. It was much better for them to form their friendship as they did, and for Hisao to come to the realization that he feels that way about her. But I'm right there with Hanako, if I were in Hisao's shoes, I'd also have fallen for her quite fast. And damn well let her know it, too.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:But surely, my good sense tells me, Hanako has mercy and after the anger subsided, she'd be open to a sincere apology. If Hisao pursues it, that is. Assuming he does, I can't see Hanako resisting a statement like, "Look Hanako, I realize I really messed up back then. I know you didn't really mean some of those things you said, and I'm sorry. I'd like to be friends again." Surely, it would still strike a chord in her somewhere, the part that loved him. That's what my reasoning tells me. Cause Guest Poster isn't the only one that understands her. :wink: I've talked to lots of kinds of people over the years, and really, the only kinds of people not open to forgiveness are the bitchy ones not open to trust in the first place. And Hanako isn't like that.
Assuming Hisao tries an apology and she's open to it, something might be salvaged...But it won't be the relationship they had. More likely a reset button, all that openness and trust broken up. Just because she was angry doesn't mean the things she said weren't true (in my experience, anger actually lends itself more to truth because you don't bother suppressing things to spare someone you're pissed off at XD) so Hisao would probably get dumped back into what I have just decided to call "Hanako probation". :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

:lol: Does she get to arrest him and put him in handcuffs too?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

So, we've just mentioned that Hanako doesn't trust people easily, and dislikes being coddled by Lilly, yet now we say she wanted Hisao as a boyfriend after only a week?
Being attracted to someone and completely trusting him aren't mutually exclusive. Heck, being attracted to someone and hating his guts aren't mutually exclusive. :lol: Maybe you've had a female friend at some point who complained to you about how inattentive and self-centered her boyfriend was. Maybe you even asked her why she was still staying with him. The answer is because attraction is a complex thing.
Sounds like something could definitely be fixed up, to me. It also sounds like things could have been really volatile if she did in fact start dating Hisao after only a week.
Oh, that was probably never even an option. It's perfectly possible that Hanako had been wondering what a confession from Hisao would be like, only to panic and run away and avoid him for a week if he actually had confessed to her at the time. Her paranoia would have hit 9000 at that point, probably.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^You mean over 9000! :lol:
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It was almost certainly trolling, but if you take TheHivemind's comments at face value, Hanako was sexually attracted to Hisao on day one.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote::lol: Does she get to arrest him and put him in handcuffs too?
...Sixteenth date. Fifth for Lilly. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I think things could go back to the way things were between the two of them. But Hisao would have to demonstrate that he'd learned something by what happened and stop coddling her. Which would be pretty tricky, because you can be sure she'd be hyper-vigilant about any signs that he was.

bhtooefr wrote:It was almost certainly trolling, but if you take TheHivemind's comments at face value, Hanako was sexually attracted to Hisao on day one.

I could see that. Theres no reason to think she doesn't have a perfectly normal sex drive. Its just that she'd never have the courage to initiate anything. At least not in her current mental state.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I think things could go back to the way things were between the two of them. But Hisao would have to demonstrate that he'd learned something by what happened and stop coddling her. Which would be pretty tricky, because you can be sure she'd be hyper-vigilant about any signs that he was.
Not to mention Hanako has a ridiculous idea of what "coddling" is because apparently the very act of being concerned about her is a form of coddling.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I pondered this a bit at work. More like went into another of my "If I were Hisao" mental brainstorms. Master of Romance? Ha. Hardly. He should have been saying her hair and eyes are beautiful, making his growing attractions known, hugged back while Hanako was drunk, and to top it off, that kiss between them should have lasted a bit longer.

Oh, and for the record, if I were Hisao, I wouldn't have had the courage to continue having sex seeing as it's clearly hurting her. I could go on, but seeing as how most guys enjoy being cherry poppers, I'll draw the line for now.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I think things could go back to the way things were between the two of them. But Hisao would have to demonstrate that he'd learned something by what happened and stop coddling her. Which would be pretty tricky, because you can be sure she'd be hyper-vigilant about any signs that he was.
Not to mention Hanako has a ridiculous idea of what "coddling" is because apparently the very act of being concerned about her is a form of coddling.
True that. Then again, Hanako does seem to be a bit more... off, mentally than the other girls (CloudCucooLander Rin notwithstanding)
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I pondered this a bit at work. More like went into another of my "If I were Hisao" mental brainstorms. Master of Romance? Ha. Hardly. He should have been saying her hair and eyes are beautiful, making his growing attractions known, hugged back while Hanako was drunk, and to top it off, that kiss between them should have lasted a bit longer.

Oh, and for the record, if I were Hisao, I wouldn't have had the courage to continue having sex seeing as it's clearly hurting her. I could go on, but seeing as how most guys enjoy being cherry poppers, I'll draw the line for now.
Are you currently a hormonal 18 year old teenage male? :lol: You'd make the same mistakes if you were in his shoes.
Also: For a lot of women their first time is very uncomfortable.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^Actually, no I wouldn't. Cause back when I was 18, in the trait we speak of, I'm the same as I am now and always was. Some people, few as they may be, are trained to save sex for marriage. Few, unlikely, but still happens. So no, I would not have made the same mistake. I would have held and kissed her and that's it. Topless or not, I know how to control myself.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:seeing as how most guys enjoy being cherry poppers, I'll draw the line for now.
I'd love statistics on that...

Should he have just quit and called it a night? Honestly, if a bit of pain were reason to do that, awkward situations would skyrocket around the world. :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:seeing as how most guys enjoy being cherry poppers, I'll draw the line for now.
I'd love statistics on that...

Should he have just quit and called it a night? Honestly, if a bit of pain were reason to do that, awkward situations would skyrocket around the world. :lol:
Realistically Hanako would have gotten more pissed if Hisao did something like that. She already thought she had to fuck him to get him to stop coddling her, and if he stopped midway through because he thought he was hurting her with the way she was characterized thus far, Hanako bad end would have happened the next day.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.