Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

TheGoatman

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route

Post by TheGoatman »

Banda wrote:A friend told me I should suggest this be about/include butt love. Of course this is merely an opinion, feel free to chuckle at it and ignore it~. :3c
Oh god it's Banda, *ahem* Hello there Banda, oh writer of smut, I am pleased to meet you, I am Goatman and I come in peace.

OT: Be warned author - writing a route takes alot of time and effort, the majority of route attempts are abandoned and I can only think of one that actually got finished and another that's close, and perhaps a dozen that didn't make it into the 3rd act. Just a heads up, this is the king of fanfic projects and it isn't something to be taken lightly.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

If I recall correctly, only two pseudo-routes finished: Suzu and Rika. A third (Saki) finished with help. Aiko (OC), Akira, and Misha are more likely to finish than not, I think. The forum is littered with the corpses of other abandoned routes.

Suzu and Aiko's routes do take the unusual step of being from the point-of-view of the girl.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There are also Greater than the Sum and Katawa Kijo and iIrc a very old (pre-release) route called Broken Dolls that I really have to add to the library soon-ish...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm writing some other scenes right now, but the next linear one after this should be finished in a few days. I'm getting crushed at work right now and have little time for writing, but it will get very slow after Christmas.

I've already had more than one person ask me how Saki can play the violin if she has motor control problems from her condition. This was one of the things I tried to research extensively for this story. Of the dozen or so varieties of ataxia that are fatal in the degenerative sense, there are a few that attack the legs and balance more aggressively than the arms and hands, still allowing the person to slow the degradation of their upper body with therapy.

Also, violin players can keep playing through muscle memory once they start to have problems in their hands such as arthritis and carpal tunnel from old age or other factors. They may not be able to play the complex compositions or sequences of notes once they start to have problems, but there is still plenty they can do. Hope that helps explain it to those who asked and those who were wondering :)
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:There are also Greater than the Sum and Katawa Kijo and iIrc a very old (pre-release) route called Broken Dolls that I really have to add to the library soon-ish...
If you include OCxOC stories, you'd also have to include Compromised, even if it's linked to pastebin. And Katawa Kijo isn't a route; it's a Super Fic.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

It is rare to see first installment this good, indeed. Hopefully continuation will be as good.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

as someone who wrote saki before (and is escaping finals by regressing to see if my fan-fic has been deleted yet) it's good to see that someone is taking a fresh look at saki.

i wrote the somewhat miserable continuation to themocaw's route that i've promised myself to edit from cringeworthy status... but it'll probably never get done.

it seems like you have a pretty decent technical grasp of writing, so i'm not going to bother with all the stupid detail stuff.

the only question i would have for you is--what drives your character of saki? this is something you should really have in mind, and if you've really planned it out for months, it should be as concrete as a cinder-block. for now, i think you're doing just fine. just be careful to keep a character like saki on direction. it's very easy to deviate with such good material around.

if you haven't read it, this is my favorite piece of saki fan-fiction.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6075

good work and looking forward to the next installment.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

SemisoftCheese wrote:the only question i would have for you is--what drives your character of saki? this is something you should really have in mind, and if you've really planned it out for months, it should be as concrete as a cinder-block. for now, i think you're doing just fine. just be careful to keep a character like saki on direction. it's very easy to deviate with such good material around.

if you haven't read it, this is my favorite piece of saki fan-fiction.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6075

good work and looking forward to the next installment.
Thanks! As someone who has written for her before, I enjoy the kind words from you.

When I had the idea for this come to me a few months ago, I had a very basic concept of her character and what I wanted to do with it/where I wanted it to go. I wrote a ton of short blurbs to see what worked, and what didn't, and scrapped a bunch of it. I know from experience that I can easily write myself into corners if I don't clearly define a character.

In that aspect, once again, the Dramatica software has been incredible. It asks and helps define aspects about characters you would never even think of, until you write yourself into that aforementioned corner.

While the minute details may change, I have a very strong idea of who she is, what drives her, and how she got that way. I just hope I can do it justice :)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I meant to say this when you first posted the opening chapter, but I feel like I can already get an intuitive sense of Saki's character just from that little bit. I will be awaiting the next chapter.
Eurobeatjester wrote:In that aspect, once again, the Dramatica software has been incredible. It asks and helps define aspects about characters you would never even think of, until you write yourself into that aforementioned corner.
I did not know software like this existed. That actually sounds like something I'd want to try out.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Kyler Thatch wrote:I meant to say this when you first posted the opening chapter, but I feel like I can already get an intuitive sense of Saki's character just from that little bit. I will be awaiting the next chapter.
Eurobeatjester wrote:In that aspect, once again, the Dramatica software has been incredible. It asks and helps define aspects about characters you would never even think of, until you write yourself into that aforementioned corner.
I did not know software like this existed. That actually sounds like something I'd want to try out.
The software itself is called Writer's Dreamkit, and Amazon has it on sale for $30. I believe there's a free trial version available. Seasoned authors tend to think it's restrictive and time-consuming, but for coming up with outlines and the like, and making you actually sit back and think about your story before plunging in, it's hard to beat.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

That was pretty good for a first chapter, a fresh start for saki i think. Let's see what can you do wiyh it
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Bad news.

Second chapter is done (and quite long) but while playing a game last night to kill some time between finishing it and editing it, my comp froze. Long story short, the motherboard in the new computer I just built two weeks ago is bad. I've already sent it off to newegg for a replacement, but until it gets here in a week I can't access the computer's hard drive.

I may break down and get a temporary motherboard then return it for a refund (there was a lot of time sensitive stuff on there) or an external closure - not sure yet.

Thanks for the patience.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
AnathRaema

Post by AnathRaema »

That's some terrible luck, don't you think? I will remain patient.
I write poetry sometimes. It's pretty bad. I should work on that at one point.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

AnathRaema wrote:That's some terrible luck, don't you think? I will remain patient.
I'm used to having horrible luck. I'll price out a new motherboard tomorrow vs the cost of a SATA enclosure as there are some rather time-sensitive things on that drive :(

Newegg is pretty fast with their returns, but I can't wait a week to get those files.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

SATA enclosures are dirt cheap. Or just get one of the adapters that has a 44-pin, 40-pin, and SATA port on the end of a USB cable, and comes with a power adapter.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!