Finally finished them all.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

flamewolf393

Finally finished them all.

Post by flamewolf393 »

Such a wonderful game. I saw threads on /b occasionally about it, finally decided to try it one day, and wow. So much emotional turmoil through the entire thing. The characters feel so real, so alive. This game cheers me up when I play it, and depresses me when I have to put it down. I hate that I will never be able to experience something like this in my life. I would gladly suffer the heart condition if it meant having the opportunity to meet such amazing people, and find the love of my life in a matter of weeks.

I wish I could forget the entire game just so I could play it all over again. Does anyone know of any other games of this quality out there?
Mute

Re: Finally finished them all.

Post by Mute »

flamewolf393 wrote:Such a wonderful game. I saw threads on /b occasionally about it, finally decided to try it one day, and wow. So much emotional turmoil through the entire thing. The characters feel so real, so alive. This game cheers me up when I play it, and depresses me when I have to put it down. I hate that I will never be able to experience something like this in my life. I would gladly suffer the heart condition if it meant having the opportunity to meet such amazing people, and find the love of my life in a matter of weeks.

I wish I could forget the entire game just so I could play it all over again. Does anyone know of any other games of this quality out there?
Unless you're prevented due to religious reasons, or government, or something like that, this is false. So what if you will never see the characters in real life? You can find people with a similar personality. You might not have an experience as epic as chasing your love against your body to the airport before she leaves forever, but you can at least try to find someone like your preferred character and have a relationship with them.

As for the question, nothing exact, but you can check the 'Suggest a VN thread.'
You just lost the game.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

flamewolf393 wrote:Such a wonderful game. I saw threads on /b occasionally about it, finally decided to try it one day, and wow. So much emotional turmoil through the entire thing. The characters feel so real, so alive. This game cheers me up when I play it, and depresses me when I have to put it down.
Most of the people her have had similar experiences. We've all been there, even if some of us have forgotten what that first time was like.
I hate that I will never be able to experience something like this in my life.
You're correct that you will never experience something like a VN love story in your life. The real thing is so much better. And I seriously doubt you're incapable of finding a relationship (or some other form of fulfillment). Chances are that you're really afraid, and that's what's keeping you back. So I'd recommend you take a good long hard look at your life, where you are, and what you're not satisfied with. Then change what you can. It won't be fast, and it won't be easy, but few worthwhile things are.
I would gladly suffer the heart condition if it meant having the opportunity to meet such amazing people, and find the love of my life in a matter of weeks.
There are amazing people all around you. All those special facets about yourself? The amazing things you wish you could share with the world if someone only bothered to look? Everyone's like that. Yes, there are terrible people. There's also terrible food, but few people have given up eating because some food tastes bad.

Having a good cry every once in a while is a good thing, and nothing to be ashamed of. But if you spend all your time crying about how you'll never be as happy as people who go out into the world and do things, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I wish I could forget the entire game just so I could play it all over again.
There is something special about your first time. But the second time is special itself, in its own way. And give it a few days, or weeks, or months, or even years, and you can revisit it with fresh eyes, like reconnecting with an old friend. Just like one of your favorite childhood TV shows or movies, it may not age well, but you'll probably still love it because of what it used to mean to you.
Does anyone know of any other games of this quality out there?
I can imagine the devs snickering at this question right now. There's a "recommend a VN" thread somewhere in here with a massive list of VNs various people at least consider worth reading. There's nothing wrong with going that route - reading VNs is an acceptable hobby. But if you're doing it as a sort of addict, constantly seeking the next high, it probably won't end well.

Anyway, welcome to the KS forums. Have fun, follow the rules, and don't let Xanatos get to you (physically or metaphorically).
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

flamewolf393 wrote:I hate that I will never be able to experience something like this in my life.
That seems to be a common sentiment, but it's not how I read KS at all. Of course the characters' relationships are depicted as very positive (at least if you get the good endings) and everyone would be lucky to experience something like that. However the things that matter, that make a difference in the end, are fairly basic and universal. Sooner or later everyone has to make choices whether to be honest with someone, respect someone, be there for someone etc. In KS these things just pay off very directly. The characters are great, but that is mostly because their stories have been told well. There are no superhumans in it. There are enough people in the real world who are just as awesome once you know them well enough. Insofar as KS has a message, to me, it is a very optimistic one. It can be done.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Ritter Delorges wrote:
flamewolf393 wrote:I hate that I will never be able to experience something like this in my life.
That seems to be a common sentiment, but it's not how I read KS at all. Of course the characters' relationships are depicted as very positive (at least if you get the good endings) and everyone would be lucky to experience something like that. However the things that matter, that make a difference in the end, are fairly basic and universal. Sooner or later everyone has to make choices whether to be honest with someone, respect someone, be there for someone etc. In KS these things just pay off very directly. The characters are great, but that is mostly because their stories have been told well. There are no superhumans in it. There are enough people in the real world who are just as awesome once you know them well enough. Insofar as KS has a message, to me, it is a very optimistic one. It can be done.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Does anyone know of any other games of this quality out there?
"G-Senjou no Maou"

I finished KS and moved straight over to the above VN, my world was rocked once again and twice as hard! The scenario and story are not really alike at all, but it has all the same emotional experiences to share with you and more. I give it a 10/10! It's also a really nice length with multiple paths to take, great art, great music, legendary story, and very good characters! (As well as some pretty sweet ass voice acting for all the external character dialogue.)
There's nothing wrong with going that route - reading VNs is an acceptable hobby. But if you're doing it as a sort of addict, constantly seeking the next high, it probably won't end well.
This... Is probably not too far down the road for me *sigh*
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Mute wrote:Unless you're prevented due to religious reasons, or government, or something like that, this is false.
More like a cultural barrier. For me. At least.
ProfAllister wrote:You're correct that you will never experience something like a VN love story in your life. The real thing is so much better. And I seriously doubt you're incapable of finding a relationship (or some other form of fulfillment). Chances are that you're really afraid, and that's what's keeping you back. So I'd recommend you take a good long hard look at your life, where you are, and what you're not satisfied with. Then change what you can. It won't be fast, and it won't be easy, but few worthwhile things are.
I'll keep that in mind.
ProfAllister wrote:
I would gladly suffer the heart condition if it meant having the opportunity to meet such amazing people, and find the love of my life in a matter of weeks.
There are amazing people all around you. All those special facets about yourself? The amazing things you wish you could share with the world if someone only bothered to look? Everyone's like that. Yes, there are terrible people. There's also terrible food, but few people have given up eating because some food tastes bad.
This is not necessarily true. Some people do have to experience a "shocking" moment in their life for them to become great or even greater person.
ProfAllister wrote:But if you're doing it as a sort of addict, constantly seeking the next high, it probably won't end well.
This is, by far, the wisest statement I had found in KS or any other online forum.
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

TheVUP wrote:
Mute wrote:Unless you're prevented due to religious reasons, or government, or something like that, this is false.
Does your culture forbid experiencing things?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Xanatos wrote:
TheVUP wrote:
Does your culture forbid experiencing things?
No, it's not like that.
For a starter, we (I mean our fellow citizen) don't get sex education at school.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

For a starter, we (I mean our fellow citizen) don't get sex education at school.
This has peaked my interest. Where are you from?
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Fealow wrote:
Don't you read my Location, below my name, total Posts and Joined date? ;-)
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

South east asia?

And yes I do read them, but half the time they're usually dishonest or some kind of joke. So I though I would ask.
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Fealow wrote:South east asia?

And yes I do read them, but half the time they're usually dishonest or some kind of joke. So I though I would ask.
Should I feel offended? ;-D
Nah... I think I'll just take it as a compliment. And yes, I lived in one of South East Asia country.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fealow wrote:
Read the location. He's from the sea! :lol:

But I don't see how not getting sex ed at school would prevent experiencing any of this...
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Xanatos wrote:But I don't see how not getting sex ed at school would prevent experiencing any of this...
There's a relation to that, but I'd rather not to tell it since it's a long story.