Just finished Lilly Arc...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

flamewolf393

Just finished Lilly Arc...

Post by flamewolf393 »

... and I have to say that was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. Up until the final moment I kept thinking over and over that I had messed up somewhere along the way and gotten her bad ending! Glad I dont have a heart problem or I may not have survived that. Many manly tears were shed.
Fealow

Re: Just finished Lilly Arc...

Post by Fealow »

That ending really dangles you by your ankles for a long time lol. I was very anxious towards the end.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Yeah man, the first time I ran that arc I was like "GOD DAMMIT WHERE DID I FUCK UP"
and then I heard the music box
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fun fact: Hisao died. Everything after the heart attack are hallucinations during his last moments of life.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Xanatos wrote:Fun fact: Hisao died. Everything after the heart attack are hallucinations during his last moments of life.
Lilly's good end, or all of the game? :P
Atario

Post by Atario »

Xanatos wrote:Fun fact: Hisao died. Everything after the heart attack are hallucinations during his last moments of life.
Go home, Terry Gilliam, you're drunk.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kyler Thatch wrote:
Lilly's good end. :P

But also everything after Iwanako's confession is a coma dream.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Xanatos wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:
Lilly's good end. :P

But also everything after Iwanako's confession is a coma dream.
A dying coma dream within a dying coma dream?

Recursion is so much fun!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Atario wrote:
Nah, blame Ambrose Bierce. He's the one who invented the idea.

http://fiction.eserver.org/short/occurr ... creek.html
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Mute

Post by Mute »

Really? I thought that all the events after Hisao's first heart attack are just a coma. Actually, Hisao had this 'heart attack' when he was eight. His family had an outing, when this parents parked the car and told Hisao to stay inside it til' they were back. They were getting drunk, and while driving back home, they crashed the car into their house. Hisao lost his father, a leg and an arm, an ear, an eye, and got burned brutally. His last memory before he fell into a coma was seeing his mother fall unconscious and hearing the screams of his next door neighbor, Iwanako, calling for help.

For the first couple of years into his coma, his mind replayed the happy moments in his life, over and over. They replayed memories of doodling depictions of an abstract universe, memories of being shy around a girl who offers to play chess with him, memories of a field day with his father, memories of planning for the war on cooties with a bespectacled friend of his, etc.

And when he hit puberty, he took all these elements and put them into what you see in the game. His body wanted to experiment with sex/romance, so it created the entire heart attack --> cripple school --> date or die scenario. If Hisao ends up with a girl, he never awakes from the coma. If he gets a bad/neutral ending or the Manly Picnic ending, he wakes up from the coma. Kenji and the vast feminist conspiracy are trying to wake Hisao up, as you can see.

Do the right thing, everyone. Play the Manly Picnic ending. For our 10-year old Hisao to wake up.
every goddamn game can have a coma theory
You just lost the game.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I thought that all the events after Hisao's first heart attack are just a coma.
No you didn't. Stop lying. :evil:
Not Dead Yet
Mute

Post by Mute »

Oddball wrote:
I thought that all the events after Hisao's first heart attack are just a coma.
No you didn't. Stop lying. :evil:
No, really, I had some free time after finishing KS and came up with this theory. It also occurred to me that the Manly Picnic is somewhat of a reenactment of the events leading to the accident. The lack of company during the festival represents Hisao alone in the car, waiting for his parents to finish loading on booze. The whiskey leading to Kenji accidentally killing Hisao? His drunken parents accidentally crashing into the house and causing him these accidents.
I hope you realize this is a joke.
You just lost the game.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Atario wrote:
Nah, blame Ambrose Bierce. He's the one who invented the idea.

http://fiction.eserver.org/short/occurr ... creek.html
I just stole the idea from a forum member who really hated Lilly. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hmmm, didn't we have a thread about crazy KS theories around here someplace?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Hmmm, didn't we have a thread about crazy KS theories around here someplace?
It got cooked, for some reason.