I'm in love with you, Hanako!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hmm

She would date him just to avoid conflict and to avoid hurting his feelings
7%
She would date him for a time just to stave off her own loneliness
4%
She would avoid the subject and never give a straight answer no matter how many times the issue's raised
68%
She would be honest about her feelings and reject him
21%

Total votes: 28

Katie

Re: I'm in love with you, Hanako!

Post by Katie »

Fealow wrote:My feelings on this have changed in the last few hours.
Elaborate on this change of heart.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Doki doki.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fealow wrote:My feelings on this have changed in the last few hours. I don't think any of the given options are enough to be honest.
Elaborate.

And that's why polls are the devil. They just restrict things. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

As I said in my first post, confessing to Hanako in such a manner is one of the worst things you could do. That's all the elaboration that there needs to be ^^
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Of course, this opens up the question of what kind of confession a guy could give Hanako that would have the least disastrous outcome. (Or possibly a successful outcome? I dunno.)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I definately agree with the person who mentioned previously that she'd at first assume it was someone making fun of her.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Xanatos wrote:Think outside the (poll) box. :P
Well, yeah, that was my point. I was going to rant about how the poll is deficient for lack of proper options.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

So, as far as the right way to confess to Hanako goes...

Making a big deal of it is the absolute worst way to do it - the bigger the deal, the harder it will be for her to believe it, the more likely she is to think it's a prank, like I said. Casually mentioning it is a good way to go, I think.

Hell, I'm nowhere near as fucked up as Hanako is (although I might actually have worse anxieties when it comes to romantic/sexual relationships), and I know I struggled to believe that people were attracted to me, even if I intellectually knew it for a fact. But, I tend to become paralyzed when my anxieties trigger, whereas she tends to move quickly in SOME direction (unless she goes full-on panic attack, of course).

Another thing is... confessing love as the first thing in the romantic relationship is probably the wrong way to go about it. She moves quickly (almost as quickly as Emi, even), but takes a long time to trust (really, she is just like Emi in a lot of ways).

She is capable of building romantic interest in people that she doesn't trust, case in point, Hisao. (She explicitly says that she didn't trust Hisao in her good ending...)

The best way to go may actually be to confess love after the relationship's gone sexual. Which, wait, that's exactly what happened in the VN. She wanted to hear the confession before that, but would she have believed it before they had sex, before she was SURE that Hisao saw her that way?

Of course, I wonder if she actually is sexually attracted to Hisao. She's obviously romantically attracted to him, but she never actually said that she wanted to have sex with him, just that she did it so that he'd see her that way. That would throw a kink into things. (For what it's worth, I'm thinking she's demisexual (not sure on that, though - I am pretty sure of it for Lilly, for what it's worth, with how Lilly's mentioned that attraction works for her in the VN) and at least bicurious if not full-on bisexual. And that's not just because I need her to be bi for story reasons. :P)

Edit: Hmm... This from the ask thread changes things slightly, maybe:
TheHivemind wrote:All the ladies want to ride Hisao like a Harley down a stretch of bad road from day one, except for Rin.
Which would mean that Hanako is definitely sexual. And as a side note, would mean that Lilly isn't demisexual (or finds emotional attraction to occur VERY quickly).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hard to say. If she's actually at the point where she can honestly view people as friends, then she's doing much better than we saw her in the majority of the game. She even had a hard time accepting in her mind that Lilly and Hisao were her friends no matter how much she relied on them.
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm sure she has normal, sexual feelings, but is far too embarassed to actually talk about or act on it.

Just like gaining her friendship, its something that would take time and patience on her partners part to get her to open up about it.

I think a partner would need to devote a good bit of effort into kissing, hugging, and cuddling beforehand just to overcome her natural hesitancy and get her in the mood.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

I really dislike talking about Hanako's Sexual tendencies (Or lack thereof) Because you'll never be able to get yourself clean of that feeling you get after Hanako's good ending. Okay so I got the good ending, we're going to be romantically involved with each other, awesome let the good times roll... Wait what!? You didn't want to actually have sex with me? you did it because you felt you had to? So I basically took advantage of you? And you didn't really enjoy it?

Oh by the way the games over now, congrats you took advantage of someone who loves you and you didn't even make them feel good, but rather caused them physical and mental pain.

Excuse me while I go wash this awful taste off my brain... It could take a few years.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

bhtooefr wrote:(really, she is just like Emi in a lot of ways).
Am I the only one who's noticed how great Foils they are?
Edit: Hmm... This from the ask thread changes things slightly, maybe:
TheHivemind wrote:All the ladies want to ride Hisao like a Harley down a stretch of bad road from day one, except for Rin.
Which would mean that Hanako is definitely sexual. And as a side note, would mean that Lilly isn't demisexual (or finds emotional attraction to occur VERY quickly).
I'm pretty sure that was a joke...
Then again, it might not have...
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Fealow wrote:And you didn't really enjoy it?
Emotionally I'd agree, but physically... I'm not too sure...
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Lianam wrote:
Fealow wrote:And you didn't really enjoy it?
Emotionally I'd agree, but physically... I'm not too sure...
Being a guy I have no way to know how that would even being to feel for a female virgin other than the common knowledge of it being painful in some way. The only thing us guys have to go on is the girls facial expression and Hanako didn't exactly look elated until after Hisao had done his business and she was able to snuggle next to him.

Hmm... Was Lily's story the only sex scene that described a small amount of blood during penetration? I don't recall it in Hanako's. Is she even a virgin... ?!?!?!?!?! DUM DUM DUUUUMM!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Yeah, I dunno if that was a joke or not.

It affects how I'm going to write Hanako slightly (namely, that she actually tries to initiate sex, and not just to make the partner see her in that way) in my story, but not much.

And, if you haven't, I'd suggest reading BlackWaltzTheThird's Eminako series.

Re: Hanako's virginity, if you want nightmare fuel...
Hanako wrote:In middle school, I got bullied... a lot. I was called names, and got excluded from work groups and sports teams. There were... worse things, too.
Take that in the wrong context, and you might have trouble sleeping. Spoiler tagged because of that effect, although it's a line straight from the VN. (She didn't elaborate on that part.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!