I'm in love with you, Hanako!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hmm

She would date him just to avoid conflict and to avoid hurting his feelings
7%
She would date him for a time just to stave off her own loneliness
4%
She would avoid the subject and never give a straight answer no matter how many times the issue's raised
68%
She would be honest about her feelings and reject him
21%

Total votes: 28

Katie

I'm in love with you, Hanako!

Post by Katie »

If a non-Hisao boy from Yamaku spoke these words to Hanako, but she didn't return the feelings and viewed him just as a friend, how would she react?
Fealow

Re: I'm in love with you, Hanako!

Post by Fealow »

There's a lot more to consider here than just the words "I love you, Hanako".

If we took that at face value and called it an unexpected confession with Hanako having no previous knowledge on this guys feelings or knowing him that well. Then I'm pretty sure you would get a reenactment of the first Library scene. Shortly after she makes her escape she would probably suffer a lot of panic attacks and shutdown like she did in science class because the fact that she could have crushed this boy would play on her mind too much, which in turn would make her blame herself that he even confessed to her because she was not keeping her head down enough for people to not pay any attention to her.

TLDR: It's complicated. And in conclusion, A sudden confession without any obvious signs of premeditation is one of the worst things that Hanako could experience other than Witnessing a loved one dying.
Last edited by Fealow on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

She would run away, then hide in her room.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Fealow wrote:TLDR: It's complicated. And in conclusion, A sudden confession without any obvious signs of premeditation is one of the worst things that Hanako could experience other than Witnessing a loved one dying.
I don't think it would be as extreme as that, but otherwise, I agree.

Any normal person would be flustered, at the very least (with exceptions, of course).
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

This is Hanako to be fair.

Though rather than immediately shutdown after the situation, perhaps it would be over the course of a few days. But like my conclusion says it's a pretty problematic scenario for her and would be very high up in the Top 10 instigators of Hanoko breakdowns.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I don't see her shutting down unless the guy in question turns into a mopey twat over it. :lol: Otherwise, she'll just hide behind Lilly anytime he approaches.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Well, everything I've said above is from my gut feeling. However we still really don't know enough about Hanako from her Canon story to make accurate speculations regarding how she deals with these kinds of situations and what goes through her mind.

One thing I am quite sure on though is that it would slowly eat away at her every time she saw this guy.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I came in here expecting to defend her honor against some Hanabro who was taking the game a little too seriously...

As for the question,

Definately a "IGOTTAGODOSOMETHING!" moment. She'd probably go into hiding and try to keep a low profile just to avoid the person and a potentially embarassing situation and not wanting to hurt their feelings by turning them down.

Or maybe she'd ask Lilly to talk to them for her?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

She'd probably think it was a prank, and that if she reciprocated, she'd be made fun of, I think.

Even if she were interested, if it were out of the blue.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

Hmph. I was all ready to rant about how "run away and hide" was not an option, then I see everyone else (every single post!) said the same thing I was going to.

Nice job, boys. Take 'em away.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Atario wrote:Hmph. I was all ready to rant about how "run away and hide" was not an option, then I see everyone else (every single post!) said the same thing I was going to.

Except me apparently. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Atario wrote:Hmph. I was all ready to rant about how "run away and hide" was not an option, then I see everyone else (every single post!) said the same thing I was going to.

Run away and hide is absolutely an option. :x
Atario

Post by Atario »

pandaphil wrote:Except me apparently. :(
Howzat?  I agree with what you wrote too!
Xanatos wrote:Run away and hide is absolutely an option. :x
I'm only seeing four — say yes for social ease, say yes from loneliness, mumble quietly forever, and say no.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Atario wrote:I'm only seeing four — say yes for social ease, say yes from loneliness, mumble quietly forever, and say no.
Think outside the (poll) box. :P
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

My feelings on this have changed in the last few hours. I don't think any of the given options are enough to be honest.