Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by pandaphil »

Oborawatabinost wrote:Easy. Hanako. Because...

I don't have any burns, and I'm not extremely shy (even though I have no clue how to talk to people most of the time), but I have pretty much the exact same feelings as her, like the stuff she said in her good ending, that I just recently caught onto. I've always thought of myself as a useless person, with no place in anyone's lives, ready to be thrown away or abandoned once someone felt like doing. What makes it worse, is that I was recently tricked into thinking I was anything different from that. I felt secure, I felt like I mattered. Then that was suddenly ripped away from me. And that's made everything worse for me (imagine Hanako's bad ending, something similar to that) So I've just been sitting here, numb, feeling like a worthless waste of space, and the person who would understand most is fictional. I spend about 5 days a week sitting in the library reading, hoping a Hisao would come and pull me out of this...

Well if ti helps at all, I'm very glad you've joinerd us here on the board. Welcome. Hope to see more of your thoughts and feelings.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

So have you gotten around to reading "Sisterhood" yet? Its required if you plan to be a Hanako fan. :)
I don't believe I've heard of it. Although you have peaked my curiosity.
Lianam wrote:
Fealow wrote:Apparently, attempting to treat her as an equal and not point out that she is overly shy or draw attention to the fact you startled her is the wrong answer. I did not expect Hisao to continue blabbering on. I actually thought that apologizing would make Hisao open his mouth more as it's kind of like "I apologized, so everything is fine, I'll now continue to throw my verbals at you" Long story short I was apparently wrong to attempt treating her as an equal at that point in the story >.>
There's a difference between treating someone like an equal and verbally overwhelming them- the latter is what occurs when you choose the "Hi, my name's Hisao...". If you choose "Sorry I startled you" I think it's safe to say you still treat her like an equal, except not overwhelming so (she still ends up running away though...).
(Btw, is the neutral face new, or did I just never see it?)
God dammit, I hate being reminded of this. Makes me feel like an asshole, but I was really unsure of what to choose and ended up over thinking it (as if the obvious answer would somehow backlash on me) the first important decision that I ever made in KS and I screwed it up lol.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Fealow wrote:
So have you gotten around to reading "Sisterhood" yet? Its required if you plan to be a Hanako fan. :)
I don't believe I've heard of it. Although you have peaked my curiosity.
Definately by all means check it out. Its a beautiful tale that gives Hanako and Hisao a proper ending.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6750
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Definately by all means check it out. Its a beautiful tale that gives Hanako and Hisao a proper ending.
Hmm... Before I open that link. It's probably a good idea to mention that I've read both parts to "A runners afternoon" so I'm not entirely sure how "Sisterhood" is going to change the premise already in my head.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

So I've started reading "sisterhood" and after I got through the first chapter I started playing this

The order of theses tracks have synced up really nicely to what I've been reading! it's really quite a content feeling. I'm enjoying the story so far as well, just got up to chapter 4.

Hmm... I'll admit it's a little odd reading narration from Hanako's perspective. I'm finding it a little difficult to place a tone in my head.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Fealow wrote:So I've started reading "sisterhood" and after I got through the first chapter I started playing this

The order of theses tracks have synced up really nicely to what I've been reading! it's really quite a content feeling. I'm enjoying the story so far as well, just got up to chapter 4.

Hmm... I'll admit it's a little odd reading narration from Hanako's perspective. I'm finding it a little difficult to place a tone in my head.
Cool, I hope you'll stick with it. It only gets better IMO.

Somewhere in the comments section I believe Guest Poster actually wrote out a list of tracks from the OST and where they'd fit in the story.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

I just read chapter 6... I think I need to take a short break, have a cigarette and cool down a bit. The images in my head combined with the music I was hearing actually raised my heartbeat considerably!

While I do that I'll have a look for those OST notes. Thanks.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Mission accomplished. :D
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

If you've recently checked on the "Sisterhood" thread than you'll know this, but I read the whole thing in one sitting (with the occasional short break to collect my thoughts and eat something) after you linked it to me.

The feels! So many feels and possibilities explored and how I wish I could replace myself with Hisao (especially those sex scenes!) :)

However I think I have worn myself out emotionally by doing the whole thing in one go as well as reading other various epilogues and playing the VN over the past 5 days. I literally can't go a few seconds without my heart fluttering or feeling some kind of strong emotion, I think i'll be okay though, I'm a pretty strong person when it comes to keeping myself from tipping over the edge.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Fealow wrote:If you've recently checked on the "Sisterhood" thread than you'll know this, but I read the whole thing in one sitting (with the occasional short break to collect my thoughts and eat something) after you linked it to me.

The feels! So many feels and possibilities explored and how I wish I could replace myself with Hisao (especially those sex scenes!) :)

However I think I have worn myself out emotionally by doing the whole thing in one go as well as reading other various epilogues and playing the VN over the past 5 days. I literally can't go a few seconds without my heart fluttering or feeling some kind of strong emotion, I think i'll be okay though, I'm a pretty strong person when it comes to keeping myself from tipping over the edge.

That's definately a common problem with fans. Take some time away if you need to. I remember I had to take a ten day break from the VN after finishing Emi's route.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

i'm sure i'll be fine when it comes to any mental issues caused through too much KS. One thing that does concern me though which this VN has done is to make me more aware of my heart.

I do recall in my past being overly aware of my heart beat some times and it beating uncharacteristically in the context of what I would be doing at that point in time. I've also had some random pains and tightening of the chest (very few that I can remember though, could probably count them on one hand in the past few years or more). But being more aware of my heart now, I do seem to suffer from a lot of palpitations although I feel i'm not at risk of anything due to their being no pain accompanying them (other than a little anxiety when I do notice it).

It has been a very long time since I've had a physical though, so maybe it's worth getting checked over?
CaveRave

Post by CaveRave »

Kenji. I know that feel when people take your pizza.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hm I dunno it's not like I have a clear favorite for reasons I've gone on and on about or anything.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Hanako sure is easy to sympathize with. Since half the people here are introverted weirdos who got shut out by society. How could you not sympathize?
Honestly I am dumbfounded by all the Hanako lovers here. I can relate to Hanako because I was bullied when I was young (I have a horribly odd accent that is half British half American and I have support teachers sitting next to me all day) but I ended up overcoming that by just rising my studies higher than everybody else and than pretending to be a condescending prick who is invincible. I would be lying if I said it isn't hilariously fun to bully and torment other bullies and idiots. I overcame my problem and became a (sort of) better person.

Honestly being bullied is more of a good learning experience if anything. Teaches you to get over shit and move on. The phase Hanako is going through is basically the "getting over my problems" phase which is pretty tough especially for somebody like her. Although my sister went through a hell of a lot worse bullying than Hanako did (physically getting beaten and being forced to move schools and shit like that). Right now she is married and is off suing people's asses off. This is one of the reasons I love my sister so much. Because she managed to get over her problems so well. Not because of her problems.

If I were to get easily attached to people because of what problems they have I would be a pretty sad and crappy individual. What I am seeing a lot here is "Hanako was bullied and is introverted just like I am. I am really attached to her". It's pretty sad to see people go and love a character, not because of her personality but because she has been bullied and has problems similar to themselves. It almost sounds like half you lot would frown upon somebody who hasn't been bullied. Relating to a characters personality and liking them for that reason is fine but relating to their problems and getting attached to them for that reason? I don't like the sound of that.

I feel the most attached to Rin. I love her manner of speech. It reminds me of how I talk sometimes (when I don't feel like talking too much). Rin is also really sweet and nice. She is very hardworking and good at what she aspires to do. Her attitude is slightly similar to mine which is sort of nice and pleasant. It's pretty hard to explain why I feel so attached to Rin. I just love her personality and how she acts. I just like Rin because she is Rin. Definitely one of my favorite fictional character's.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

It's hard to say between Hanako and Rin. Probably Hanako because she's alot like me annndd my girlfriend. Hanako was like... i guess a better version of my girlfriend, which is only expected as the read is meant to be so emotionally strong and the girls are obviously the perfect world of the different personality types, but i seen so much of my own life as well as those i care most about, in her type of storyline. SO it was perfect.

Rin alot because she's ALOT like me in a way. So it was really interesting and she's alot more... nonsensical than me and its so darn adorable. There's other reasons but no reason to write paragraph.