Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja »

sennit wrote:http://homeward.renai.us/

Here we are. This definitely ranks as my second favorite VN. Bonus points for being free :P It was good enough that I had to share it with people who would appreciate it. Enjoy :wink:
I've only watched the character descriptions so far, but I think it'll be a lot like Yosuga no Sora. Even the characters looks like they've been copied and had their appearance altered a little. :lol: Akira, Kazuha, Sora; in that order. ^^
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Here we are. This definitely ranks as my second favorite VN. Bonus points for being free :P It was good enough that I had to share it with people who would appreciate it. Enjoy :wink:
is it on android? i found narcissu by qberty, but the translations i am a bit skeptical of.
no hidden message in here
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

hitman555z wrote:

is it on android? i found narcissu by qberty, but the translations i am a bit skeptical of.
There are several different translations of Narcissu. :)
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Just the first few parts of the game, and I'm already getting the feels. I can relate to not having very close friends due to having to transfer away all the time.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

OtakuNinja wrote:
hitman555z wrote:

There are several different translations of Narcissu. :)
all on android? teach me your ways, for i am coming up empty when i fish for them.
no hidden message in here
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

hitman555z wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote: There are several different translations of Narcissu. :)
all on android? teach me your ways, for i am coming up empty when i fish for them.
Nope, but the one you found is the best of those I've tried. :)
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

OtakuNinja wrote:

I've only watched the character descriptions so far, but I think it'll be a lot like Yosuga no Sora. Even the characters looks like they've been copied and had their appearance altered a little. :lol: Akira, Kazuha, Sora; in that order. ^^
I've played for an hour or so, and it still reminds me a lot of Yosuga no Sora. Hell, I could tell the childhood friend would be wearing a hakama, and that the class rep would be in the cooking club just by looking. :lol: The art is bad, and they spoiled most of the H scenes in the opening movie, so I'm not sure if I'll keep playing to the end, but for now I think it's quite interesting. :)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

OtakuNinja wrote:

Free is good. *nods and goes to download it*
Wow, they do look like the characters from Yosuga no Sora :lol:
And the art is cheesy, then again many free VNs art tends to be a bit on the cheesy side (KS is probably the only free VN I can think of that has artwork comparable to purchased VNs)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Played some more, and encountered a very emotional scene. This VN currently has 3 stars out of five. 8)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

OtakuNinja wrote:Played some more, and encountered a very emotional scene. This VN currently has 3 stars out of five. 8)
Homeward so far is... quirky to say the least :lol:
Enjoyable.

Edit:
I also like the music. Very soothing.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'm gonna have to give it 5/5, just because of the emotional impact it had on me. I'm doing Sora's route right now, and I've cried so many times. It really made me think of how important my sister is to me. Luckily, she was awake so I could give her lots of hugs. :'3

And yes, the music is amazing. Especially the track playing when Sora opens up to Riku. ;_;

It's still kind of similar to Yosuga no Sora though. :lol:
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

G Senjō no Maō (The Devil on G-string)

I just started playing this and enjoying it quite a bit. Very good story with good art work and voice acting.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

I've FINALLY finished ef. Numerous issues with the game and irl distractions ended up making me spend over a month on it, even though I had gone through things like Little Busters in just a week.
Overall it was good, but it somehow felt as though it was trying to be Clannad - a ton of similar themes and even events, at the same time while the explanation for Clannad isn't really the best, the explanation for ef is even weaker. I was also not a fan of how starting from chapter 3 the characters from the first 2 chapters are never seen again, although I guess there's a reason for it. Didn't mean for this to be a post harping on ef, it was good, especially the art, but I guess I had relatively high expectations for it, which weren't entirely met.

I think I'll be doing Shinigami no Kiss next.
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

I know i mentioned this in my last post, but... "G Senjō no Maō (The Devil on G-string)"

Oh... my... fucking.... god!

This VN! I finished my first play through yesterday and... and... just fucking wow XD The story is a fucking masterpiece! IF there is one thing I do before I die, it is to get all of you to play this VN!

Seriously I can not commend it enough!

I'm too awe struck to go into the fine details right now, but if you ever get the chance please play it! The adrenaline rush, the feels, the anxiety, the humor, the confusion, the shock, the horror and everything in between is just too good!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

So I just finished Homeward.

Good VN, but the issue for me is this:
Riku is the most indecisive, spineless, good-for-nothing protagonist I've seen, holy shit.

Also the endings kind of left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.
Personally in terms of how the routes ended it was as such:
Haruka - Good End
Nonami - Neutral End
Sora - Bad End

I mean, I believe Homeward was really well-done for an amateur one. I mean, sure the Sora route wasn't amazing but you could tell the creator put their heart into the game. I feel it was time well-spent. After all, not every eroge can be like the Muv-Luv games.

Also, if you think Rin's bad/neutral ends are soul-crushing?
Sora's ending.

That is all. :/

I'll give it a 7.5/10

Could be better, could be worse.
I also draw, kind of.