The Music of Katawa Shoujo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

hitman555z

Re: Favourite Music

Post by hitman555z »

Painful History, Moment of Decision, and Cold Iron. my top 3 favourite songs. all of them are very serious tones, but i just love how it makes my skin crawl and it really hits home when you remember all the events that happened on each route with those songs playing in the background.
no hidden message in here
Antonymous

Post by Antonymous »

1. Ah Eh I Oh You

2. Parity

3. Cold Iron

4. Concord

5. Painful History
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Favorite peaceful music: Raindrops and Puddles
Favorite happy music: Parity
Favorite start-of-route music: Three Stars (and/or Cloudland Swing)
Favorite sad music: Painful History
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Focus is my favorite. Though, I don't recall if it's used in any of the scenes of anything, though.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
AMerePerson

Post by AMerePerson »

Xaredian wrote:Focus is my favorite. Though, I don't recall if it's used in any of the scenes of anything, though.
I'm pretty sure that's just a video title and not an OST song.
PianoMastR64

Post by PianoMastR64 »

Here are my favorite songs listed in order of how much I like each one with 1 being the best. For fun I'll include my favorite part of each song (the times taken from each respective file of the OST download.)

1. Moment of Decision | --:--**
2. Everyday Fantasy | 00:32 – 01:04
3. Stride | 00:47 - 00:52 / 01:53 1:58*
4. Afternoon | 01:09 - 1:20 / 02:37 - 02:48*
5. The Student Council | 00:40 - 00:48 / 01:37 - 01:45*

*The '/' means the same "favorite part" occurred twice in the same song, and both time spans are listed.
**I can't do it! This whole song is just so amazingly beautiful. :,)

Btw, I reserve the right to change this list, including the order, at a moments notice. lol. It's an adapted Rin quote. What I mean is I have a fixed list of favorite songs set in a particular order of preference, but it changes quite frequently. For example, even after I've listened to all of the OST songs multiple times, recently (within the past few days) I added "Afternoon" to the list, and "The Student Council" was moved from second place to what it is now. :)

Oh btw, I'm literally afraid of listening to "Caged heart". I just thought I'd throw that out there. It's mainly because of what that song is associated with, which is IMMINENT DEATH VIA HEART ATTACK. I feel queasy just thinking about the song. What an immersive game. (Is it a game? I suppose it is.) I felt slightly queasy (in a good way) throughout the entire thing. Who knows what would happen next? Something bad? Good? How fun. Honestly, the "adult content" was really only a nice touch to the game. It didn't really feel like a main reason to play. lol. In fact, the "adult content" was THE reason I downloaded it and started playing... at first. Soon enough I was immersed into the story. I seem to strongly identify with Rin. I love how she says the weirdest things so casually and so often. It's like her mind is so simple, yet so complexly different from the "average" mind. I honestly would like to be more like her, if I'm not already. I would also like to just spend a day with her listening to the things she has to say. She probably wouldn't understand because it seems that she sees her own thoughts as normal. If I tell her her thoughts are interestingly abnormal, it would contradict my projected assumption about her view of herself. Emi is cute. I also very slightly identify with Kenji. Sometimes I feel like I'm not exactly in the same world as everybody else, but not to the extent that Kenji isn't. You know, this may actually be one of the few places where I can comfortably state my own mental conditions. Makes sense, right? That's probably the main reason I like and identify with this game so much. Anyway, such conditions (I don't think of them as disabilities. I think of them as... uh... differences I suppose, if you know what I mean.) include autism, short-term memory loss, tourette syndrome, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Does it seem like a lot? They all have a minor effect on me now-a-days, but it was much more major when I was a kid. I'm not ashamed of any of these, btw. I embrace them, because they all contribute to my personal signature. If I didn't have any of those, I wouldn't be me. I'd be someone else entirely who happens to look a lot like me. Being autistic enables me the ability to play the piano by ear. That is, I can listen to a song just one or two times, and I can play it right away (to a certain extent.) I learned the entire right hand of "The Student Council" just by listening to it a few times. I then proceeded to learn the left hand using a MIDI file and some useful software. I could have done it by ear, but that would have taken a lot longer. I like the concept of the label "weird" being placed on me (in a positive way.) I make people laugh sometimes, which is awesome. I make people raise their eyebrows and cock their heads sometimes too and generally just wonder why which is funny. I'm tired. I'm having fun. I have no clue why I'm rambling so much. Instead of thinking out loud, I suppose I'm thinking into a forum. :) I'm talking a lot about me, which is probably boring you. You probably would like it more if I talked about you, right? The thing is, I don't know anything about you. It's because I can't predict the future. Here's an interesting though. What if we could remember the future and only try to predict the past. The arrow of time would still point to the future, but our concept of what happened and what will happen would be reversed. Imagine doing something or thinking about something and that thing just disappearing from your memory the moment you thought it. You would have to try to predict what you just said based on what you remember saying in the future. trying to remember the past would be as ridiculous as me trying the remember the future. Anything could have happened in the past to lead up to the current moment, but one definite series of things will happen in the future, and everyone knows personally what that is up to the moment of their death. History would have a new meaning. Let's pretend "history" now means everything that will happen in the future. There will be recorded documents, letters and other written historical artifacts that people will write in the future for people to discover. This is getting hard to think about. I'll think more tomorrow. Does this tax your imagination? Someone should make a game based on this. If people actually enjoyed reading my random thoughts (I guess I'll see if they did or not), I might do more next time. If they hated it, and want to ban me forever, then I guess I'll just listen to some KS OST music and maybe some Hatsune Miku.

Are there any other games like this that you think I might enjoy?

Oyasuminasai!
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

PianoMastR64 wrote: [ Insert wall of text here. ]
Jesus man, paragraphs, PARAGRAPHS! :lol:
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

hitman555z wrote:Painful History, Moment of Decision, and Cold Iron. my top 3 favourite songs. all of them are very serious tones, but i just love how it makes my skin crawl and it really hits home when you remember all the events that happened on each route with those songs playing in the background.
forgot to mention Breathlessly. also one of my fav songs.

also parity.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Chopin's Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35.

*pauses*

OH WAIT. We're talking about Katawa Shoujo songs?
Definitely Parity. There's just something about it that makes me smile.
That and Ah Eh I Oh You.

I dunno know why. Despite my usual taste in music (Opera/Classical notwithstanding) running in the COMPLETE opposite direction as those two songs, I enjoy them.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Steinherz wrote:Chopin's Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35.

Every time I hear it I get a big shit eating grin. Sometimes I laugh and then people look at me. Worth it.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

MegaMoto wrote:

Every time I hear it I get a big shit eating grin. Sometimes I laugh and then people look at me. Worth it.
Which one? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Steinherz wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:

Which one? :lol:
I failed to edit the quote good. I OBVIOUSLY meant Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35 of course.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

my fav song outside of KS ost. and
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Can I just say I am very disappointed that Rin wasn't featured in the jazz club scene in Hanako's route, wearing shades and a beret and rocking Parity on the piano?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:Can I just say I am very disappointed that Rin wasn't featured in the jazz club scene in Hanako's route, wearing shades and a beret and rocking Parity on the piano?
I think we all were Xan, I think we all were.