If it were real!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

philosophish

If it were real!

Post by philosophish »

First off: I couldn't find a thread about it, so if there is, my apologies.

That said:

Which of the lovely ladies would you have fallen for (if you haven't already) "if it all really happened to you"? And I'm not talking "I really dig X" but rather "I can't stop thinking about X.. have I..? Is she the one?"

Childish question perhaps, but I'm very, very curious, as for me Lilly just turns out to be exactly like I have always imagined my ideal girl. The second Hisao met her in *that* room, and her first words and his first thoughts about her hit the dialogue, it was settled for me, and every dialogue with her only furthered my affection for her. If I ever meet someone like her, I won't care what she looks like: I'll marry the shit out of her right then and there. Also, her looks don't hurt, and her clothing style is perfect. Lilly is the one I'd fall in love with if I ever met her.

Protip: I'm not done with her route, so please don't spoil (I know it's in the rules, but still. A personal request on top of them ^^). Can't wait to learn more about this wonderful character.

Also, Hanako really appeals to me (I'm a sucker for shy girls), however I really can't get past the scars - even though this game is all about learning to look past them. I guess I'll have to go her route and get to know her better in order to really let her get to me.

As for Shizune and Misha: they break my calm and annoy the shit out of me, as does Kenji. I actually find myself hoping "please, no Kenji this time" when Hisao hits the dorms, haha. I can't stand small talk, let alone rambling... Well done, studio, I guess!

Elaborate, people! I'm curious about your affections and why you have them for that particular girl!
OtakuNinja

Re: If it were real!

Post by OtakuNinja »

You seriously couldn't find a thread about this? They are very common. :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

philosophish wrote:Also, Hanako really appeals to me (I'm a sucker for shy girls), however I really can't get past the scars - even though this game is all about learning to look past them. I guess I'll have to go her route and get to know her better in order to really let her get to me.
You get used to them.
2 questions though: Would you talk with Hanako even if she wasn't associated with Lilly? And if so, is it because of her scars?
If you answer yes to both these questions, then you need to play Hanako's route- you'll feel like such a dick by the end. :lol:
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Mute

Post by Mute »

philosophish wrote:Also, Hanako really appeals to me (I'm a sucker for shy girls), however I really can't get past the scars - even though this game is all about learning to look past them. I guess I'll have to go her route and get to know her better in order to really let her get to me.
A word of warning on Hanako's route: You want to get the good ending before the bad ending. The bad ending will crush your heart in sad feels, so you want to be sure to do it when you're fortified by all the lovely feels from the good ending. Actually, the main reason to get the good ending first is because you'll be feeling like a dick if you get the bad ending first.

And you can get past the scars by looking at the cute side of her face/her hair. Besides, the scars on her aren't anywhere near as disgusting as a real burn victim's scars. Personally, they look kinda cool. So just ignore them, if you can't deal with some red blots and lines.
You just lost the game.
philosophish

Post by philosophish »

Lianam wrote:
You get used to them.
2 questions though: Would you talk with Hanako even if she wasn't associated with Lilly? And if so, is it because of her scars?
If you answer yes to both these questions, then you need to play Hanako's route- you'll feel like such a dick by the end. :lol:
I've asked myself the same thing, and I honestly don't know, because both seem viable. That said, I suspect the odds are against it, as I'm not very kee[n - edited] on addressing strangers without reason. So there should be an incident - like bumping into one another - to make it happen, which is less likely than that not happening.
So no, I likely would not talk to her.
However, this has nothing to do with her scars. I'm usually quite indifferent to a person's exterior - I don't care how tall someone is, how many tattoos (s)he has, etc. - but the scars being on her face makes them quite hard to ignore. Still: I would NOT deliberately ignore her because of them, that's ridiculous, and I know for a fact that I can fall in love with someone who I at first disliked for aesthetic reasons.

So no: probably no talk, but her scars have nothing to do with this.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mute wrote:
A word of warning on Hanako's route: You want to get the good ending before the bad ending. The bad ending will crush your heart in sad feels, so you want to be sure to do it when you're fortified by all the lovely feels from the good ending. Actually, the main reason to get the good ending first is because you'll be feeling like a dick if you get the bad ending first.

Besides, the scars on her aren't anywhere near as disgusting as a real burn victim's scars.
A better word of warning: You want to play the game naturally and get whichever ending you get because letting other people try to control your experience is lame and those people should be ashamed. :P

And her scars are on par with a real burn victim's scars. It just depends on the victim. I've seen a number that could pass for Hanakos.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mute

Post by Mute »

Xanatos wrote:
A better word of warning: You want to play the game naturally and get whichever ending you get because letting other people try to control your experience is lame and those people should be ashamed. :P

And her scars are on par with a real burn victim's scars. It just depends on the victim. I've seen a number that could pass for Hanakos.
It's a suggestion, not a command. Try to get the good ending first, the bad one will crush your heart in feels.

As for the other point, sure, but they're still drawn in anime style. If they looked more realistic, Hanako would probably look a little disgusting on that side of her face.
You just lost the game.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Mute wrote:Actually, the main reason to get the good ending first is because you'll be feeling like a dick if you get the bad ending first.
I got her bad ending first myself, but truth be told I felt like I was railroaded into it more than anything else. Not that I didn't understand the message of the bad ending, but you get the idea.

As for the topic at hand, I don't know for sure if any of the heroines would be "my ideal girl", but I'd say Emi comes the closest. What initially drew me to her was her cheerful personality, which wasn't really surprising since I've had crushes on girls like her before. That would have at least gotten things started, probably.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
philosophish

Post by philosophish »

Caden Tiksaril wrote: As for the topic at hand, I don't know for sure if any of the heroines would be "my ideal girl", but I'd say Emi comes the closest. What initially drew me to her was her cheerful personality, which wasn't really surprising since I've had crushes on girls like her before. That would have at least gotten things started, probably.
Haha, I have the same thing: all the girls I've fallen for in the past somewhat resemble Lilly in that they were very calm and motherly. Not all of them as polite as she, and definitely not as deliberately polite as she, but I can see the common denominator ^^. Can't help but digress and mention the fact that the more attention seeking a girl is, the less I'm interested - hence Emi didn't appeal to me at all and that is also why Misha ruined Shizune's appeal (on top of the fact that Shizune seems ridiculously strict, which I dislike already). So for me it was either Lilly or Hanako, of which the former just got to me instantly.

I do have to say that the second Lilly and Hisao confessed, I felt like Hanako was hurt, and that that kind of hurt me in turn as well. So even though Lilly's path became the one for me, I can't set aside and ignore Hanako very easily. Perhaps I'll do her route too, tonight.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

philosophish wrote:I do have to say that the second Lilly and Hisao confessed, I felt like Hanako was hurt, and that that kind of hurt me in turn as well. So even though Lilly's path became the one for me, I can't set aside and ignore Hanako very easily. Perhaps I'll do her route too, tonight.
Truthfully Hanako seems better off in Lilly's route than her own.
But then again, Lilly's route is much longer than Hanako's :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Honestly, if it were real, I'd do my best to rehabilitate Kenji, then give up and go chill with Lilly.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
appleplusy

Post by appleplusy »

If it was real, I would hide in my dorm everyday immediately after class.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

appleplusy wrote:If it was real, I would hide in my dorm everyday immediately after class.
Hanachan? Is that you?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Aphex

Post by Aphex »

If it was real... Lilly would be the one for me, but the only problem is I know that I wouldn't be the one for her... I'm terrible at being the eyes for someone and guiding them around as I have learned IRL. :? Looks like I would be doomed to forever aloneness just because of that factor. :(
I'm too dumb for something that good to happen to me anyway to be frank imo.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Aphex wrote:I'm terrible at being the eyes for someone and guiding them around as I have learned IRL.
Did you even play Lilly's route? She guides herself around, who cares if you can't?