Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

bhtooefr

Re: Mean Time to Breakdown — (Iwanako, Divergence){u 10/20/2

Post by bhtooefr »

Hmm, I just read back through this whole thread again.

Wonder who all's gonna visit.

The Emi/Iwanako dynamic is gonna be quite interesting to read, that much is obvious. Why do I get this feeling that Emi will be visiting Iwanako of her own accord, and apologizing? (And it having legitimately nothing to do with Nurse chewing her out.)

For what it's worth, I like the redone heart attack scene a lot better.

I'll note that the dynamic I'm looking forward to the most is the Lilly/Iwanako dynamic. Yes, even more than the Hanako/Iwanako dynamic, despite finding Hanako the character I empathize with the most in the VN. I think I can predict the general plot overview of it really well (and I think I even see explicit foreshadowing of it in a place or two), but the strength I've seen in your writing, especially with these Emi scenes, is that you manage to make the actual implementation of it quite surprising and effective, even when using predictable plot points.

I do think the fact that you mentioned that Iwanako is none of the route characters' true loves might actually spoil a bit too much, as far as the framing of each character's dynamic, but that's just my opinion. Still, it could magnify the impact of certain routes imploding, you're good at magnifying impact by using what the reader already knows but the characters don't.

Finally... while I'm not sure that Lilly actually is Kinsey 0... what if she's biromantic despite her sexuality? I could actually see that happening in her case, for some reason. And it could be really, really ugly.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Leaty wrote:Takashi, Taro, Mutou, Nomiya, Jigoro, Sae, the cameo characters, Hanako's psychologist, the guy who phones Meiko in the track meet scene, Hisao's parents, Hisao's cardiologist, Lilly's parents, Lilly's aunt, the art club, the antique shop guy, the waiter at the French restaurant, and Akira's boyfriend.
I'm noticing a definitive lack of Nurse in that list. Me gusta. :wink:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Leaty wrote:...the guy who phones Meiko in the track meet scene...
His identity is heavily implied.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

I know, but it's not definitive. It's ambiguous enough that he might just be some random douchebag Meiko knows.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Leaty wrote:Takashi, Taro, Mutou, Nomiya, Jigoro, Sae, the cameo characters, Hanako's psychologist, the guy who phones Meiko in the track meet scene, Hisao's parents, Hisao's cardiologist, Lilly's parents, Lilly's aunt, the art club, the antique shop guy, the waiter at the French restaurant, and Akira's boyfriend.
Hideaki isn't on that list... interesting.
Panthour

Post by Panthour »

Leaty wrote:Now, if you want an actual spoiler, here is a comprehensive list of the Katawa Shoujo characters Iwanako will definitely not get into a relationship with: Takashi, Taro, Mutou, Nomiya, Jigoro, Sae, the cameo characters, Hanako's psychologist, the guy who phones Meiko in the track meet scene, Hisao's parents, Hisao's cardiologist, Lilly's parents, Lilly's aunt, the art club, the antique shop guy, the waiter at the French restaurant, and Akira's boyfriend.
And here I was hoping the Antique Store Guy would get a paring. Ah well. :)

In all seriousness there are many characters not on that list, and I'm actually enjoying the suspense and mystery revolving around the pairing.
S-Class Wizard. Emi is my waifu.
Bad Apple

When life gives you lemon lube...

Post by Bad Apple »

Leaty wrote:Now, if you want an actual spoiler, here is a comprehensive list of the Katawa Shoujo characters Iwanako will definitely not get into a relationship with: Takashi, Taro, Mutou, Nomiya, Jigoro, Sae, the cameo characters, Hanako's psychologist, the guy who phones Meiko in the track meet scene, Hisao's parents, Hisao's cardiologist, Lilly's parents, Lilly's aunt, the art club, the antique shop guy, the waiter at the French restaurant, and Akira's boyfriend.
Oh, thank God. We can still ship IwanakoxTrack Team Captain. I don't care he's gay, it's
bhtooefr wrote:biromantic
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
WilyWiley

Post by WilyWiley »

Well that was depressing.

I love it. Keep it up, can't wait for more!
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Hmm. You make a point of mentioning the guy who phones Meiko, but you don't rule out the possibility of Meiko herself. Interesting...
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Enjoying this fic so far, keep doing good things.
Dumanios

Post by Dumanios »

How about Iwanako x Yuuko?
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Well, I know that griffon8 is adamantly opposed to Yuuko/Iwanako, for reasons I'm not totally clear on.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Eh? That's taking what I said too far. If you were to make it Iwanako/Yuuko, I would advise against it, but you're the writer.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Okay, true, not "adamantly." You never explained why, though. Image