Summer By The Sea [A sorta-sequel to Weekend at Hisao's]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

SpcPotshot

Re: Summer By The Sea [A sorta-sequel to Weekend at Hisao's]

Post by SpcPotshot »

themocaw wrote:I'm still working on the next installment. . . (I had to make an unexpected move from a house to an apartment) but how the hell are there three pages of comments on one short section?
Because we love you :lol:

Anyway, I think it's because Weekend at Hisao's was awesome, and we want more Shizune stories. I can't find alot of quality stories with her.
inthewind

Post by inthewind »

When you create so many people's skulgun headcanon, it seems natural for anticipation to simmer like that.
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

SpcPotshot wrote:
themocaw wrote:I'm still working on the next installment. . . (I had to make an unexpected move from a house to an apartment) but how the hell are there three pages of comments on one short section?
Because we love you :lol:

. I can't find alot of quality stories with her.
I agree I can't find many good ones as of late
Wahahaha~.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

[If you don't take me behind that bush and fuck me right now, I think I'm going to scream. I'm fucking serious.]

[I love you too, dear,] is Hisao's only reply, before taking my hands in his and giving me a small, but loving kiss on the lips.

Oooh. Nice. I'd forgotten how nice he tastes.

I'm trying to pull him down for a second, deeper kiss, but he's already pulling away from me and turning back to the car that he and his parents arrived in. Big, black, serious looking vehicle. Big trunk. Lots of room. Lots of luggage.

He's reaching into the back seat and pulling out a couple of roller bags, as his parents get out of the vehicle. They must have been in there for hours. His mother is stretching her arms out over her head as she climbs out and turns to me, her short, greying hair done up in nice, tight curls.

"Hello. Shizune. Good to see you again."

Over-enunciating her words. Over exaggerating her lip movements. Either she's being patronizing, or trying to be polite. I'll assume the more charitable of the two options this time.

I bow my head to her respectfully and smile as she takes my hands in hers and gives me a light kiss on the cheek. She reaches into the back seat of the car and pulls something out that was hanging from the handhold back there.

It's a knee-length white sundress. Strappy top. Hell, I think it's even my size.

How the hell did she figure out my size?

She's saying something to me, but I can't quite make it out from this angle. Not hard to figure out, though.

I'm an older woman who has never had a daughter, only a son, and has always wanted one, though, so now I'm making up for lost time by buying my son's fiancee pretty dresses like the ones I would have bought for my daughter, if I'd had one.

She holds the dress up to my body and does a few small adjustments here and there, probably saying something about how she has to let in the waist and let out the bust or something.

Okay, whatever that was she just said, it's made my fiance turn bright red and complain. His hands are full with luggage, or he'd probably be signing it as well.

She's definitely teasing him somehow. . .

Where is Hisao's dad, anyway?

I turn around a bit and glance around the area. I finally catch sight of Mister Nakai standing by my father, bowing respectfully to him and saying something I can't make out. My dad's got this funny expression, like he's just swallowed a sour plum pit or something like that. But he's not angry, so I guess that's something.

. . . damn it. I wish I could see their faces more clearly from here.

A tap on my shoulder. Hisao turns to me and gestures to something in the back seat. Glancing over his shoulder.

Oh. OH. He IS good.

How did he know my dad loves white peaches? Damn, looks like they bought the good ones, too. Each one is wrapped in gilded tissue paper, and nestled in a little bed of straw to protect them from bruising. How much did they spend on these things anyway?

The scent of the delicious peaches fills the inside of the car as I reach in and pick up the little gift box of fruit. I may as well carry them into the house for them. . .

Almost immediately, though, as I'm walking past my father and Hisao's dad, I realize I've made a mistake. My Dad's expression turns dark and his lips turn pursed. Oh great. I can imagine what he's thinking right now.

Making my daughter carry luggage into the house like some sort of porter? DISGRACEFUL. Useless child. I should castrate him with a kitchen fork and force feed him poison.

I shoot him back an angry glare, hiding it behind my smile, before I carry the fruit into the house.

I hope I haven't made Hisao's life hard for him. I hope I haven't offended his mother. I hope I'm not screwing up our weekend together.

Damn it. This is going to be the worst weekend of all time.
azahk101

Post by azahk101 »

Short but sweet, and I really like how well you describe the scene from Shizune's point of view. Keep up the quality writing!
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

I was beginning to think this was abandoned, nice to see an update Themo, so hard to find good Shizune fanfic.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
TARDISman85

Post by TARDISman85 »

I gotta say, I absolutely love the way you write Shizune in this, mostly because I'd like to think that college just allowed Shizune's predisposition to snark to blossom into one of those gigantic ass flowers that bloom every 150 years.
monkeywitha6pack

I can't wait to see more interaction between hisaos dad and jigoro it's going to priceless
Wahahaha~.
MasterOfRomance

Post by MasterOfRomance »

This is awesome! I do have a single big criticism though...and it's called "why aren't there more chapters yet?" LOL but seriously, take your time. I know I'd rather have more brilliant chapters that take longer to write than one that isn't as good because you were rushed. The forums do have a notorious lack of "happy" Hisao/Shizune fanfics, and WaH was definitely my personal canon for Shizune's route! (Unrelated: I just noticed the initials for "Weekend at Hisao's" spell "WaH." WaHaHaHaHa~!)
Think your favorite route is too short? Here are my recommended fan-canons!
Hanako's route-->Sisterhood
Emi's route-->Ascent
Lilly's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Shizune's route-->Weekend at Hisao's
Rin's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

[Please at least tell me that they're getting along.]

[They seem to be doing fine,] Hisao signs to me reassuringly. [They're talking about their jobs and families.]

[It's only a matter of time before my Dad brings up his autobiography. Then they will die of boredom.]

[Be nice. You're so cranky and on-edge. Are you on. . .]

I reach out and smack Hisao's hand angrily, stopping him from signing what he was going to say next. It gets the attention of my father and Hisao's parents, who turn and look at me curiously.

Hisao says something to them. . . I'm not sure what he's saying, I can't get a good look at his lips from this angle. . . something about wanting to take me away from here? Anyway, it makes his father laugh and his mom giggle and give him a playful punch on the arm.

My Dad, on the other hand, just keeps glaring at him as if he were a nasty filthy thing that some cat had dragged into the house.

What does that make me, the house cat?

This afternoon together is starting to really suck.

I grab Hisao by the chin and turn him to look me in the eyes before I sign this next part.

[You need to make an excuse for us to leave the table.]

Hisao hesitates before responding. [That might not be a good idea. I implied that you slapped me because I suggested we slip away upstairs and make love. . .]

[Great. I don't want to make you a liar. Let's go,] I sign back angrily.

[Are you kidding? If I did that, your Dad might really kill me. . .]

[If he doesn't, I will. Or I might kill my dad. Or I might kill myself. This is excruciating.]

[All right. Let me see if I can get us out of here,] Hisao replies.

[Hurry up. Killing you is starting to look like a better idea every moment,] I reply grouchily.

-----
[This wasn't exactly what I had in mind.]

[You'd rather let your Dad think that we're screwing out in the woods somewhere?] Hisao asks.

[I'd rather that we had some time to spend alone. Now I've got to babysit my little brother.] I gesture wildly to Hideaki, who is walking along the path a few feet ahead of us, kicking a rock down the road.

[You want to ditch him?]

[And leave him alone in the woods?]

[It was just a suggestion. Look. . . are you okay? Seriously okay? Because you're seeming more and more angry every moment.]

[It's just that. . .] I sigh and take a deep breath before continuing. [Look, I haven't seen you in months. And the last time we got together like this was the most amazing weekend of my life. I was. . . kind of hoping this one would be too.] I finish by running my fingers along the engagement ring on my left hand, the one that Hisao gave to me hidden inside a veal cutlet bread all those months ago.

[You wanted me to propose to you a second time?]

[. . . No, that would be silly. But the rest of it. The time we spent together. All the time we spent getting to know your friends and family. All of that. I was hoping we could do it again.]

[. . . then why don't we?]

Oh. Is that what this is about?

[I mean, you had a chance to meet my family back at home. And you had a chance to get to know my friends too. But I never really had a chance to get to know any of your friends and family. Outside of Yamaku that is. And aside from that one trip we took together over Summer Break. . .]

[It's not exactly the same,] I point out. [I mean, your family are. . . they're normal. And nice. Mine are a bunch of weirdos and jerks. Why would I want to introduce you to them?]

[Because they're your friends and family?]

I roll my eyes at my boyfriend and cross my arms across my chest, letting out another sigh as we continue to walk down the path together.

. . .

Actually, there is one family member who won't embarrass me.

[Hisao?]

[Yeah?]

[Let's go visit my mother.]
monkeywitha6pack

Getting more and more interesting at each chapter, cant wait to read more :D
Wahahaha~.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Really interested to see how the conversation with Shizune's mom goes. It's interesting you included her, as most fics tend to just assume she died, since she isn't at the house and divorce is VERY rare in Japan, though there's no reason she can't be alive. I think I've only read one story that included her.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

See, I interpreted that as her mom being incapable of embarrassing her.

As in, cemetery scene.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Cemetery scene? The only one I can think of was the one in Emi's route, and I'm not sure what that has to do with Shizune's mom.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

He means that's where they're going to visit Shizune's mother: the cemetery. That's what I was presuming as well.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!