Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

inthewind

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 9/

Post by inthewind »

Yeah, moving conversation sounds fair. While it is neat to be able to comment on a document in-line and have it noticed right where you tagged it, that also lets it be confusing as all get-out.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:Woah, how did I miss part 13? and now 14 is out.

Awesome job as usual, 13 pretty good but 14 was a little better in my opinion. Keep up the great work!
I loved working on both parts, but I understand what you mean; both had music I love set to pieces of life that I really wanted to touch upon, but part 14 came at a time in my life where I'd just gotten potentially dire medical news, and needed diet and exercise to get back on track...thoughts of the scene with Emi kept me exercising about as hard as a sickly man can, while still being able to drag himself to appointments. Hell, one time, I was jogging around and doing stair-steps for half an hour, and it left me limping for four whole days. That's what it took, though; my results were amazingly better in a mere ten days. I'm sure that period of my life reflected in how I wrote.
inthewind wrote:Yeah, moving conversation sounds fair. While it is neat to be able to comment on a document in-line and have it noticed right where you tagged it, that also lets it be confusing as all get-out.
Yup. The comments section feels good for making a quick one-liner or for fixing errors, but I like knowing who you are, for one. I was trying to figure which of three (I think?) of the more prolific commenters you were, and didn't know which forum member you were. I liked your wordplay on some of those comments. :D

The next release is gonna take a few more days. I'll try to make a long story as short as I can: for those just tuning in, the drug Lisinopril gave me severe anxiety symptoms, including a panic attack that sent me into convulsions and spiked my blood pressure and blood sugar to critical levels. Well...these last two weeks or so, I went through the same thing again. Except worse. My adverse reactions were actually pretty rare, so we were hoping Benazepril, though it's a drug in the same family, wouldn't give me the same effect. The previous drug wasn't 100% out of my system yet, so it added up.

I might write about it more at length someday, but...man. Words fail me, to describe those eternally long days. It was like being strung out on, or withdrawing from hard drugs. Came within a hair of going into convulsions once again, but just managed to avoid the emergency room and just go back to sleep after popping Xanax like it was candy (but not a toxic dose). The mental effects were so severe, I had to get drunk a lot to get through it. (Don't worry; my medications only mildly clash with booze, and that's mostly just lowering my blood pressure...and I need it lowered anyhow, lol.)

I could barely answer verbal questions without losing focus. Conversations were like frantically navigating labyrinths. I would just start yelling, punching a wall, stomp around for a few minutes, and things like that, at little to literally no provocation. That's when I wasn't hyperventilating, glancing around in crazy-fast twitches, and getting paranoid delusions that the people around me were trying to murder me, or just generally feeling like somebody was gonna break down my door and start strangling me. Along with just generally feeling shitty, in body and mind.

Soooo crazy. I know. Especially because my mental state lately, aside from that, has been really positive, healthy, and rational. I was forced to see violent imagery in my head that I didn't want to, and other horrible things. I'm just so grateful to have finally grown some strength in my life, because I didn't give in to that temporary insanity, and I'm starting to fairly rapidly return to normal, in body and mind. Though mild to moderate, I have been experiencing brushes with death. The positivity of it, is that it's simply made me stop caring about unimportant things, and focus on what's really vital. Like, I either don't, or barely feel nervous in social situations anymore, because that is such a trivial thing, in my recent retrospect. It also does, frankly, feel pretty cool to keep surviving and get right back into the swing of things asap, like it didn't even happen, when my friends are like "Dude, how are you not bedridden?" I just look to examples of men who've overcome what makes my problems look like nothing, and try to be more like that.

Okay, so that wasn't that short. tl;dr version: Went through a bunch of medical stuff that was tough and emotional for me, but as usual, that delays my writing by mere days. 8) Gonna keep exercising, and get healthy and strong, and stay happy. Maybe even get a little muscley, one of these days; that'd be awesome. Next KA release is gonna take a couple of days, but this train ain't stoppin', not even in the face of death! Full steam ahead! :D
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 4, Part 15 is now available.

An obligatory, but altered retelling.

Hadn't meant to take that long, but I can only do my best. When I get healthier, I plan on working on KA more quickly.
Every day is a miracle.
azahk101

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10

Post by azahk101 »

It's great that you're still sticking with it to the end! I joined in late but I've read and loved everything so far, so I'm sure that this newest update will not disappoint.

I personally find switching out Hisao as the main male protagonist with two very interesting and different characters to be quite refreshing. I wish you the best with the rest of this original story!
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

Popo wrote:Act 4, Part 15 is now available.

An obligatory, but altered retelling.

Hadn't meant to take that long, but I can only do my best. When I get healthier, I plan on working on KA more quickly.
Jeese Junichi, stop being so rude.

Now comes the biggest question of your entire story; how good is Junichi's one-handed pool game?
Popo

Post by Popo »

azahk101 wrote:It's great that you're still sticking with it to the end! I joined in late but I've read and loved everything so far, so I'm sure that this newest update will not disappoint.

I personally find switching out Hisao as the main male protagonist with two very interesting and different characters to be quite refreshing. I wish you the best with the rest of this original story!
Yep, I definitely plan on seeing this story through to the finale. I'm glad you've enjoyed our efforts. Making new characters worked out well for the overall chemistry from the start, making a lot of scenes not too difficult to write the first draft of, and it offered us much-needed contrast for a fanfic, bringing in new issues and presenting the girls with new circumstances, their reactions to them sometimes surprising. We wanted to show different potential sides to them.
Dippeggs wrote:Jeese Junichi, stop being so rude.

Now comes the biggest question of your entire story; how good is Junichi's one-handed pool game?
I think we both know that you're gonna have to wait a little longer to find out. :wink:
Every day is a miracle.
azahk101

Post by azahk101 »

Popo wrote:Yep, I definitely plan on seeing this story through to the finale.
I have to say I'm a little curious about where the finale will be. Looking at the state of the timeline at act 4 chapter 15, you could easily make an act 5 and end it there, but you could perhaps cram everything into a long act 4 to keep only 4 acts. Basically, I guess I'm asking how much longer Katawa Aniki will go on for.
Popo

Post by Popo »

There's still a long way to go. As previously said, we like to take things in different directions than KS took, so there's a difference in overall pacing, as well as new story arcs, like the Council's "petition mission" a little earlier on. With KA's bigger emphasis on the importance of the moments of everyday life, things aren't going to end based on what happens with the budding, potential relationships. Instead, things hinge upon the directions of individual lives, relationships being one part of that. Things will end when everything has changed.

There will definitely be an ending to KA, though, and everything builds into the moments leading to it. The pacing may be slow, but that was a deliberate choice for what it finally becomes. Some may prefer certain lengths to stories, but there was really only one way for me to go about saying all the things I've wanted to say but never could, throughout my life: to say it all, and hold nothing back.
Every day is a miracle.
azahk101

Post by azahk101 »

Popo wrote:There's still a long way to go. As previously said, we like to take things in different directions than KS took, so there's a difference in overall pacing, as well as new story arcs, like the Council's "petition mission" a little earlier on. With KA's bigger emphasis on the importance of the moments of everyday life, things aren't going to end based on what happens with the budding, potential relationships. Instead, things hinge upon the directions of individual lives, relationships being one part of that. Things will end when everything has changed.

There will definitely be an ending to KA, though, and everything builds into the moments leading to it. The pacing may be slow, but that was a deliberate choice for what it finally becomes. Some may prefer certain lengths to stories, but there was really only one way for me to go about saying all the things I've wanted to say but never could, throughout my life: to say it all, and hold nothing back.
That's good to hear! You two sure have taken on a very large challenge here, by making your own form of pacing for this story, so I wish you two the best of luck. And I'm pretty thrilled to hear this too, because the longer you draw out Katawa Aniki the more people like me can read! I'm always disappointed when a good story ends, so I personally like the slower pacing that you guys have set.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 4, Part 16 is ready for viewing.

I'm starting to feel a little better, so I'm crossing my fingers on bringing out updates a little faster, but I can't promise anything.
azahk101 wrote:That's good to hear! You two sure have taken on a very large challenge here, by making your own form of pacing for this story, so I wish you two the best of luck. And I'm pretty thrilled to hear this too, because the longer you draw out Katawa Aniki the more people like me can read! I'm always disappointed when a good story ends, so I personally like the slower pacing that you guys have set.
We've been quite fortunate to garner an audience with some patience. :lol: I can only speak for myself, but I found writing the parts that everything builds into to be a very emotionally fulfilling experience, itself.
Every day is a miracle.
UltimateShammer

Post by UltimateShammer »

Let me just say that this fanfic is easily my favorite one I have on my watch list right now, and all I can say is that I love the story so much, please don't ever let this die.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost, like tears in the rain. Time... to die.
Popo

Post by Popo »

That's very high praise. Thank you. Believe me, this story was the one to really reveal to me that I love writing, and my intentions are to try to bring out new releases faster than my current pace, not abandon it. I've been dealing with some rough health problems, but I think I'm starting to get better.

Incidentally, I'm a huuuuuge Super Meat Boy fan. Nice avvie.
Every day is a miracle.
UltimateShammer

Post by UltimateShammer »

Incidentally, I'm a huuuuuge Super Meat Boy fan. Nice avvie.
Thanks! I had a hell of a time trying to set my avatar, considering the size restrictions.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost, like tears in the rain. Time... to die.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 4, Part 17's ready.

While a little early, it'll be one of my New Year's Resolutions to try to get new parts out quicker. Fortunately, my health issues are coming closer to resolution, so it seems like just a matter of time until I can get back to writing at a higher rate.
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 11

Post by Dippeggs »

How did Junichi use the bus if he didn't have his wallet? :?