Yamaku's Swimming Pool

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
MegaMoto
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by MegaMoto » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 pm

pandaphil wrote:
Could result in an epic splash fight though.
Don't make me think those kind of thoughts. I'm trying to be incognito.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Oddball » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:33 pm

MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I was thinking Lilly just accidentally shoves her into the pool.
Something about someone who is usually totally nice doing something dastardly makes me laugh.
I'm suddenly reminded of the trailer from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Lianam » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Jobriq wrote:
Lianam wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Don't think Rin would be interested.
Ahem. That is all.

And before you say anything, you're welcome. :P
:lol: :lol: that is genius :lol: :lol: Also more seriously I would imagine Rin to be a drowning risk.... If she went swimming in the ocean maybe she could try talking to a jellyfish
The best part is that it was the Hanako Path Writer, Cpl_Crud saying it. :lol:
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
Jobriq
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am
Location: Back at school! yay!

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Jobriq » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Lianam wrote:
Jobriq wrote:
:lol: :lol: that is genius :lol: :lol: Also more seriously I would imagine Rin to be a drowning risk.... If she went swimming in the ocean maybe she could try talking to a jellyfish
The best part is that it was the Hanako Path Writer, Cpl_Crud saying it. :lol:
Wait if he's the Hanako path writer why was he thinking about Rin's path? I guess this was before they had decided who would write what? Wasn't Aura Rin's path writer?
Fist of the North Star is a strange movie ._.
<Xanatos>: "Security is just Mutou walking around punching disobedient students in the head."
<KeiichiO>: "I'd rather look at clop than furry porn."
<CFC Kyle>: "All you do is press the quote button above someones post and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE quoted."

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Lianam » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Jobriq wrote:
Lianam wrote:
Jobriq wrote:
:lol: :lol: that is genius :lol: :lol: Also more seriously I would imagine Rin to be a drowning risk.... If she went swimming in the ocean maybe she could try talking to a jellyfish
The best part is that it was the Hanako Path Writer, Cpl_Crud saying it. :lol:
Wait if he's the Hanako path writer why was he thinking about Rin's path? I guess this was before they had decided who would write what? Wasn't Aura Rin's path writer?
Well yes, but he can still talk about other characters.
Also, this took place after KS came out. You should listen to the whole video though, it's good.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by pandaphil » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:48 pm

MegaMoto wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Could result in an epic splash fight though.
Don't make me think those kind of thoughts. I'm trying to be incognito.

Oh great, now I want to write a mini-fic.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Guest Poster » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:56 am

Xaredian wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Where I come from, most kids learn to swim around their 6th or 7th. Hanako was 8 when she got hospitalized, so she could have learned it before then. I don't think she visited many swimming pools afterwards. In fact, I think the point of her being comfortable enough with her scars to wear a swimsuit is still so far into the future, there'd be no reason for her to still be at Yamaku.
6th or 7th what...?
I'm assuming age, but, I don't like assuming, because, ya know. It makes an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me'.
pandaphil wrote:I forget which story series it was part of, but I remember reading a cute scene where Hisao visits the pool early one morning and finds Hanako doing laps. It seems her parents took her swimming a long time ago, and she likes to sneak into the pool before classes each morning when theres nobody around. I thought it was kinda sweet and would make an interesting personality quirk.

Also kinda sad, not being able to do somethign she loved because she was afraid of someone seeign her.

(Totally not having wicked thoughts of what a wet Hanako would look like).
As a swimmer myself, i'm not often off put by someone dripping wet or think of wicked thoughts when someone is dripping wet from swimming. I'd, probably, be more off put by the scars, if I were to see Hanako swimming. And might end up wondering how she deals with the chlorine with her scars.
Yes, 6th or 7th year.

I recall reading somewhere that it's safe for burn victims (at least those who don't have fresh wounds) to swim in pools with cholorine in the water. As long as the water wasn't too hot or too cold, she could probably swim without too much discomfort...assuming there's nobody else around. If there WERE other people around, I doubt she'd consider going for a splash. Even burn victims who don't have the same complex over their scars as Hanako tend to generally not be thrilled at the prospect of exposing them to others. A wetsuit wouldn't be that much help because it'd attract just as much attention as her scars would and people would walk up to her to take a closer look and notice her facial scarring.

Heck, if Hanako entered any pool or bath that's not at Yamaku wearing a swimsuit, it wouldn't surprise me if someone asked her to leave because she'd make the other attending people uncomfortable.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by pandaphil » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:27 am

Guest Poster wrote:

Yes, 6th or 7th year.

I recall reading somewhere that it's safe for burn victims (at least those who don't have fresh wounds) to swim in pools with cholorine in the water. As long as the water wasn't too hot or too cold, she could probably swim without too much discomfort...assuming there's nobody else around. If there WERE other people around, I doubt she'd consider going for a splash. Even burn victims who don't have the same complex over their scars as Hanako tend to generally not be thrilled at the prospect of exposing them to others. A wetsuit wouldn't be that much help because it'd attract just as much attention as her scars would and people would walk up to her to take a closer look and notice her facial scarring.

Heck, if Hanako entered any pool or bath that's not at Yamaku wearing a swimsuit, it wouldn't surprise me if someone asked her to leave because she'd make the other attending people uncomfortable.
Yes. I mean honestly, its been nearly ten years since her accident. She isn't likely to be bothered except by really strong chemicals, sunlight, or perhaps more suseptible to chafing from binding clothes.

One thing I wish the VN had touched on more is the reaction of people outside the school to the girls disabilities. I wonder how they'd handle discrimination outside the confines of the school.

But yeah, I agree. the only way a pool story would work is if its early morning, late at night when no one's around, or at a private pool somewhere. Its pure speculation, but I like the idea of Hanako actually losening up, and playing happily when she finally gets a chance for a private swim.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
TacticalBacon
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:22 am

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by TacticalBacon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 am

pandaphil wrote: One thing I wish the VN had touched on more is the reaction of people outside the school to the girls disabilities. I wonder how they'd handle discrimination outside the confines of the school.
I'd assume it's the usual stare, or whispers and all that kind of stuff. Yamaku students probably already learned to ignore them.
My Steam
My Twitter
My Tumblr
My skype is HakimAthalla21

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Guest Poster » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:47 am

TacticalBacon wrote:
pandaphil wrote: One thing I wish the VN had touched on more is the reaction of people outside the school to the girls disabilities. I wonder how they'd handle discrimination outside the confines of the school.
I'd assume it's the usual stare, or whispers and all that kind of stuff. Yamaku students probably already learned to ignore them.
It touches lightly on the subject in Lilly's route during their date in the restaurant and during Akira's grand reveal when the subject of Lilly's parents pops up. Their true reason for leaving Lilly in Japan is left ambigious, but Hisao's and Akira's take on the matter suggests they're aware of the squeamishness that Japan, with the value its culture places on purity, still struggles with when it comes to the disabled.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by pandaphil » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Xaredian wrote:As a swimmer myself, i'm not often off put by someone dripping wet or think of wicked thoughts when someone is dripping wet from swimming. I'd, probably, be more off put by the scars, if I were to see Hanako swimming. And might end up wondering how she deals with the chlorine with her scars.

I've always found freshly wet hair and clingy, shiny lycra to be incredibly sexy. Guess I'm just weird that way. :)

I imagine after ten years her scars are healed to the point where pool chlorine isn't going to bother her. Even if it does I'm sure a shower afterwards and an application of lotion would take care of it.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Xanatos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 pm

I can't stop imagining a pool scene with Kenji...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Lianam » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Guest Poster wrote:Heck, if Hanako entered any pool or bath that's not at Yamaku wearing a swimsuit, it wouldn't surprise me if someone asked her to leave because she'd make the other attending people uncomfortable.
The sad thing is, that probably would happen in the real world.
Thank you Katawa Shoujo, for making us all realize that society sucks. :lol:
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Xanatos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Lianam wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Heck, if Hanako entered any pool or bath that's not at Yamaku wearing a swimsuit, it wouldn't surprise me if someone asked her to leave because she'd make the other attending people uncomfortable.
The sad thing is, that probably would happen in the real world.
Thank you Katawa Shoujo, for making us all realize that society sucks. :lol:
I think the fact that we even encountered KS shows we all knew this already. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Xaredian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:37 am

pandaphil wrote: Emi might, being the athletic type, she could likely see the advantage in swimming, though she'd probably be mor einterested in water pistol fights and beach ball than swimming laps.Of course with Emi, sneaking into the pool for after hours antics are a possibility.
I'd be the complete opposite. I'd rather swim, than play games, in the water.
Unless, it's something suggestive.

Which makes me wonder... wonder, how much chlorine is in the pool. Probably, quite a bit. Knowing what type of school it is.
Guest Poster wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I forget which story series it was part of, but I remember reading a cute scene where Hisao visits the pool early one morning and finds Hanako doing laps. It seems her parents took her swimming a long time ago, and she likes to sneak into the pool before classes each morning when theres nobody around. I thought it was kinda sweet and would make an interesting personality quirk.

Also kinda sad, not being able to do somethign she loved because she was afraid of someone seeign her.

(Totally not having wicked thoughts of what a wet Hanako would look like).
As a swimmer myself, i'm not often off put by someone dripping wet or think of wicked thoughts when someone is dripping wet from swimming. I'd, probably, be more off put by the scars, if I were to see Hanako swimming. And might end up wondering how she deals with the chlorine with her scars.
Yes, 6th or 7th year.

I recall reading somewhere that it's safe for burn victims (at least those who don't have fresh wounds) to swim in pools with cholorine in the water. As long as the water wasn't too hot or too cold, she could probably swim without too much discomfort...assuming there's nobody else around. If there WERE other people around, I doubt she'd consider going for a splash. Even burn victims who don't have the same complex over their scars as Hanako tend to generally not be thrilled at the prospect of exposing them to others. A wetsuit wouldn't be that much help because it'd attract just as much attention as her scars would and people would walk up to her to take a closer look and notice her facial scarring.

Heck, if Hanako entered any pool or bath that's not at Yamaku wearing a swimsuit, it wouldn't surprise me if someone asked her to leave because she'd make the other attending people uncomfortable.
As a swimmer, myself, i've actually seen several people wear wetsuits. I doubt i'd be off put by her wearing one, despite the fact that she might be the only one wearing one at the/a pool.
pandaphil wrote:
Xaredian wrote:As a swimmer myself, i'm not often off put by someone dripping wet or think of wicked thoughts when someone is dripping wet from swimming. I'd, probably, be more off put by the scars, if I were to see Hanako swimming. And might end up wondering how she deals with the chlorine with her scars.
I've always found freshly wet hair and clingy, shiny lycra to be incredibly sexy. Guess I'm just weird that way. :)
If she, or he, is fit, I can see your point. Though, chlorine filled hair is a turn off, imho. :lol:
Lianam wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Don't think Rin would be interested.
Ahem. That is all.

And before you say anything, you're welcome. :P
Haha, thank you for sharing that. That was awesome.

Post Reply