Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kutagh

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Kutagh »

PyroOgre wrote:To get back on topic, I'm in my second playthrough of Shizune's route, and something git me big time. I didn't like her route at all the first time through, and I figured out why. She's almost a female copy of myself.

I've always been someone who's struggled to make friends, and by the end of high school I stopped trying. Heck I actually started up an organization to try to bring in like-minded people so I could actually converse with others. It did not go all that well but I kept trying to push involvement nonetheless, didn't hit me until many years later that I probably overdid things on the club end and should have just tried to find people to talk with regularly instead.

and I'm partially deaf also so it's tough for me to talk to others if I'm in any sort or crowd or large area, which is frustrating, more for me than the other person who keeps having to repeat themselves because I'm trying to tune literally everything else out (also like Shizune, I have no intention of getting any aids or impants).

Maybe that's why I hated the good ending so much, since nothing really came of it, yet the bad ending stuck in me so much. She's closing herself off like I did after a while. She's not a bad character, just misunderstood for lack of a better term.

Now that being in school is a fairly distant memory, good lord meeting other people is borderline impossible, especially since 95% of the areas one would do that don't work for me because I wouldn't be able to converse. I don't have Jigoro as a father, that's something at least.
First off, it has never been mentioned anywhere what the reason is that Shizune doesn't have hearing aids nor Cochlear Implants. It's not necessarily by choice that she doesn't have or use them, because there are medical conditions/issues possible that prevents the usage of those (and other) options. Yet you state that you refuse those options. Is that because you are afraid of being seen as a "hearing" person despite your partial deafness? Acknowledging you're deaf and it being part of you? Disliking the notion of using or relying on technology sitting on your ears? Afraid of losing sign language proficiency (if you have any)? Or is there a different reason behind it? It is your choice to wear them or not, but personally I prefer being able to be a bit more self sufficient rather than being just Deaf and not lip reading or so and thus not being able to converse with other people a bit easier.

And yeah, as a Deaf person it's indeed hard to make hearing friends. You're not the first nor the last person to encounter this issue. It was the same for me in high school. However at university it was a different story altogether, because most people I meet at uni are like minded people with similar interests. Still I don't go clubbing or so, precisely because of the difficult communication with others in noisy environments while clubbing etc are mostly social events. Instead I do other things, organize other things. I mostly keep in contact with them through various IM services. But really, it is up to you to meet other people and in my experience, bitching online about not being able to meet people doesn't solve anything. If you got sign language proficiency then you should consider going to Deaf activities and meet people that way.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Comrade wrote:This place is weird.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

See the very first post of this thread.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Let me say this to start: I rarely seek advice with romantic troubles, and am awkward with words besides, so this post may be difficult to understand.

I had this crush on a female friend I go to school with since about May or so. Even though a mutual friend told her about it, neither of us took any action in any direction about it. I was hoping that it would fade over the summer from lack of contact, but no avail. Though it wavered and grew, it never quite went away.
About a week and a half ago I made a decision that I would have more gumption and actually do things instead of being a shy quiet moron (I've since vetoed this idea). Early last week I told her how I felt in a pretty stupid way (which I'd much rather not go into do as I'm still beating myself up over it for being such a moron), and it did not go well. It made her feel really awkward and uncomfortable, and I'm pretty sure I destroyed our relationship in a single statement (new record!). I've been avoiding her for the rest of the week (though we were civil at Mock Trial yesterday), and I'm unsure of what to do next. Part of me says to just accept my idiocy and move on with life, and another part says to formally apologize, possibly with some sort of peace offering.

A little help?
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

@Gamera_Ramen I'm no expert, but I think you should talk to her. Maybe apologize for telling her in such a "stupid" way, and ask if you could still be friends. I've done something similar, and after avoiding each other for about a year, we're now better friends than we were before. :) And speaking of that...

I think that girl as a small crush on me, and I don't know what to do. She hasn't been feeling well lately, and I've tried to cheer her up. A couple of weeks ago I bought her some chocolate, and we watched Tangled together. Then after a few days I found her "secret" Twitter and saw this posted on the day we watched the movie: That feeling when you have a subtle crush on somebody, and it just won't go away. Of course I think it refers to me, but I'm not 100% sure. So I don't know how to move on, seeing that I still harbor some feelings for her (I mean, it's not like they'll disappear just because I was rejected). I've reached the stage where I'm fine with either way; friendship or relationship.
I also have a crush on another girl, who's a very close friend to the first girl (Hell, haven't I told you about this already?? How they both transferred to my class this year.). Anyway, she recently announced on her "secret" Twitter that she has a crush on somebody (probably not me). But I'm not sure what she feels about me, seeing as she treats almost all guys the same.

I don't really know what I'm asking for help with. ^^'
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Let me say this to start: I rarely seek advice with romantic troubles, and am awkward with words besides, so this post may be difficult to understand.

I had this crush on a female friend I go to school with since about May or so. Even though a mutual friend told her about it, neither of us took any action in any direction about it. I was hoping that it would fade over the summer from lack of contact, but no avail. Though it wavered and grew, it never quite went away.
About a week and a half ago I made a decision that I would have more gumption and actually do things instead of being a shy quiet moron (I've since vetoed this idea). Early last week I told her how I felt in a pretty stupid way (which I'd much rather not go into do as I'm still beating myself up over it for being such a moron), and it did not go well. It made her feel really awkward and uncomfortable, and I'm pretty sure I destroyed our relationship in a single statement (new record!). I've been avoiding her for the rest of the week (though we were civil at Mock Trial yesterday), and I'm unsure of what to do next. Part of me says to just accept my idiocy and move on with life, and another part says to formally apologize, possibly with some sort of peace offering.

A little help?
I'd suggest talking to that mutual friend if anything. See if they can offer some advice.
OtakuNinja wrote:I think that girl as a small crush on me, and I don't know what to do. She hasn't been feeling well lately, and I've tried to cheer her up. A couple of weeks ago I bought her some chocolate, and we watched Tangled together. Then after a few days I found her "secret" Twitter and saw this posted on the day we watched the movie: That feeling when you have a subtle crush on somebody, and it just won't go away. Of course I think it refers to me, but I'm not 100% sure. So I don't know how to move on, seeing that I still harbor some feelings for her (I mean, it's not like they'll disappear just because I was rejected). I've reached the stage where I'm fine with either way; friendship or relationship.
I also have a crush on another girl, who's a very close friend to the first girl (Hell, haven't I told you about this already?? How they both transferred to my class this year.). Anyway, she recently announced on her "secret" Twitter that she has a crush on somebody (probably not me). But I'm not sure what she feels about me, seeing as she treats almost all guys the same.

I can tell you from experience, what you should never, NEVER, EVER do, is be a white knight. KS taught me that actually, and how I royally screwed things up in a similar respect. And how did you find her secret twitter, btw?
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lianam wrote:I can tell you from experience, what you should never, NEVER, EVER do, is be a white knight.
And the award for the most random and unrelated advice goes to...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Xanatos wrote:
Lianam wrote:I can tell you from experience, what you should never, NEVER, EVER do, is be a white knight.
And the award for the most random and unrelated advice goes to...
The irony that you'd say that... :lol:

I think that in general, that's good advice when it comes to relationships, and also OtakuNinja didn't know what he was asking for help with, so that advice seemed valid from my interpretation of help he wasn't sure he was asking for. (I don't know if that sentence made any sense, but hey, it's late here, so cut me some slack.)
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

My grandmother passed away today, she was dying for a while now and she was suffering, so i guess it is better this way.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Lianam wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I think that girl as a small crush on me, and I don't know what to do. She hasn't been feeling well lately, and I've tried to cheer her up. A couple of weeks ago I bought her some chocolate, and we watched Tangled together. Then after a few days I found her "secret" Twitter and saw this posted on the day we watched the movie: That feeling when you have a subtle crush on somebody, and it just won't go away. Of course I think it refers to me, but I'm not 100% sure. So I don't know how to move on, seeing that I still harbor some feelings for her (I mean, it's not like they'll disappear just because I was rejected). I've reached the stage where I'm fine with either way; friendship or relationship.

I can tell you from experience, what you should never, NEVER, EVER do, is be a white knight. KS taught me that actually, and how I royally screwed things up in a similar respect. And how did you find her secret twitter, btw?
Somewhat unrelated advice, but thanks anyway. :) I found the first secret twitter via an old PM from before she "deleted" it. The other girl's twitter was a bit tricky to find. I had to use all my stalker-ish powers to do it, i.e. I waited for a really long time. One day she retweeted a mutual friend while I was nearby, so I heard what tweet they were talking about, and the rest was pretty simple. :lol:

A couple of hours ago she wrote something about how this crush was affecting her. It was right after the three of us had spent some time in the library trying to study, so my guess is that it's either me or the other girl. I have thought of the possibility of her being bi, but it's not very likely. ;) There's also this: "Idk what to do about this person honestly he is not taking a hint"
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a moment with her at school today. Lunch I had a meeting sprung on me that took almost the entire time, and after school I couldn't find her. Drawing upon my powers of typing, I have sent her an email apologizing for being such an idiot.
Today's been that kind of day where I feel like I just made it worse somehow.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

rterman wrote:When you send her emails in future, play Cold Iron in the background.
Though I'm praying this will be the last serious one I ever send her, I'll keep that in mind for any future endeavors in failures.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Comrade wrote:My grandmother passed away today, she was dying for a while now and she was suffering, so i guess it is better this way.
What took her?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Xanatos wrote:
Comrade wrote:My grandmother passed away today, she was dying for a while now and she was suffering, so i guess it is better this way.
What took her?
She had cancer, and the treatment made her gradually lose her cognative and physical functions, she stopped eating last week.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Ascension

Post by Ascension »

I'm sorry for your loss :(

It's always sad when we lose a grandparent. Grandparents and their grandchildren share a special bond that is probably one of the most cherished relationships one can have. To lose someone we hold dear to us like that hurts. Take it from someone who no longer has a grandma. But I will say this; she'll always be your grandma. I'm sure you both spent time together. She may have taught you things about life, the world, and even yourself. And you both undoubtedly have memories together. Memories that will never die, memories that persevere as long as you yourself live. Your grandmother may have passed, but her legacy lives on. The best you can do is go about your life, excel in every aspect of it, and make her proud.
My darkest day becomes my finest hour;
This infinite shadow possesses no power