Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

Post by ubergeneral »

Now that we all have been exposed to what it might like to know people with a physical disability in a unique way. How would you feel about having a relationship with one?

Are you a shallow person? Could you love someone that is different because they have a physical disability? What is your limit? How would you feel about this?
Juno

Re: Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

Post by Juno »

Well, I have my own fair share of issues so it's me who wonders if a physically disabled lady would be willing. :|
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

disabled myself, but even if not, i would.
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

How are you disabled? Sorry if I'm being insensitive, it's hard to be empathetic over the internet.

To answer the question, depends. If the girl was interesting and such, I'd have no problem with it. It would probably be a factor though.
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

As long as she looked like Shizune
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Hypothermia wrote:How are you disabled? Sorry if I'm being insensitive, it's hard to be empathetic over the internet.

To answer the question, depends. If the girl was interesting and such, I'd have no problem with it. It would probably be a factor though.
an interesting answer. How would it factor? You can only overlook the disability so much even someone who doesn't let their disability stop them has their limits which brings to the question is how?
abscess

Post by abscess »

Duo2Cuo wrote:As long as she looked like Shizune
A blue haired, slim big-boobed chick with glasses?.... good luck with that.

Anyway, yeah I think I wouldn't mind. As long as there is an entertaining and interesting conversation available, I'm game.
Siiiiigh....
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

ubergeneral wrote:
an interesting answer. How would it factor? You can only overlook the disability so much even someone who doesn't let their disability stop them has their limits which brings to the question is how?
I'm being honest. It would be something I'd have to consider, especially if I pursued the relationship to any meaningful level. Missing limbs have the squick factor that I would have to get over. Again, it depends on a variety of things.
ThatsGobbles

Post by ThatsGobbles »

Duo2Cuo wrote:As long as she looked like Shizune
Amen to that.

Also yes, I am somewhat shallow, so looks are big for me. Fortunately, not all disabilities impair looks.
Squeezy

Post by Squeezy »

I don't see how that would be a factor. Well, I guess stuff like deafness could complicate things, especially at the beginning of a relationship but such things wouldn't make me go "do not want". As long as the girl is nice and cute, who cares about a missing limb or two, really? ^_^
York snowmen

Post by York snowmen »

No; but then again, I don't really have an interest in dating even those without physical disabilities.

3D, pig disgusting, etc.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

I would like to say I definitely would, but I don't have any first hand experience with dealing with people with physical disabilities on a regular basis. I mean, dealing with different disabilities each have their own challenges. For instance, I'll choose deaf/mute as an example because I would find it the most difficult out of the disabilities shown in KS so far to work with. If I started liking someone who was deaf/mute, I'd have to overcome the communication barrier that exists. It would be awkward going on a date with them with the translator with (WAHAHAHAHA!!!), and I don't know if I'd have the discipline to learn sign language. I suppose passing notes would work for a while, but I hardly think that a real relationship would work well based on just communicating that way.

So I think what I'd have to say is that if I wanted to date someone who was disabled, I'd make my best effort to overcome any challenges that came up.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Would I date a girl with a physical disability?

Yes. (ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHAT'S IN HER HEART.)
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Only if being 2D counts as a disability.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I would date Emi; Emi is physical disabled; hence yes.

in all seriousness yeah it probably wouldn't bother me that much in most cases.