If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:I totally forgot the purpose of this thread. Could you guys remind me again why I made it??

This whole boards like this. I swear, some of the worst topic drift ever. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

pandaphil wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:I totally forgot the purpose of this thread. Could you guys remind me again why I made it??

At least it's not a battleground like it was last time. :)
Probably because my opponents stopped posting... <.<
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:

I noticed. It's not that big of a deal though. At least this site isn't super strict about staying on topic like other forums.

I think we've basically used this thread to it's extent anyway.

If I saw someone bullying Hanako, I'd go ape shit on their ass!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
pandaphil wrote:

I noticed. It's not that big of a deal though. At least this site isn't super strict about staying on topic like other forums.

I think we've basically used this thread to it's extent anyway.

If I saw someone bullying Hanako, I'd go ape shit on their ass!
It actually is fairly strict, but only when Silentcook decides he's up to an exercise in futility. xD And yeah, when a topic's had all the discussion it can have, derail tends to be imminent.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kozaky

Post by Kozaky »

I would tell them to pick on someone their own size and then they would proceed to enlighten me on the fact that neither of us are around the same size. :mrgreen:
Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I would either join them, or brutally torture them to death. Depending on my mood.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

If you are Hisao, double your pills for that day and find a revolver,
shoot the bully in the head with that gun! So chances of having a heart attack may be lower because you didn't make too much effort and took double pills for your stress and adrenaline. I just might be wrong though lol. Just wanted to point a more fucked up idea.
Oh, I forgot, you have to run away if you are not willing to turn yourself over, which means you will have a heart attack anyways if you don't have an escape vehicle.
Either way, Hanako wouldn't be yours lol...
Numb

Post by Numb »

I would probably ignore it, as much as I hate to say. I liked Hanako, her story was very touching, but I don't think I would step in to save her from something should I not know her.
If I DID know her though, and knew what her emotional state was, I would show the bullies my own inner thoughts. I can be incredibly dark and depressing at times, and have driven people away because of it. Being a pacifist has its downfalls, but being an incredibly cynical one who can take as many punches as you throw? You will slowly go insane in a fight with me :twisted:

That other point though, seeing any character from KS being bullied... I think the person I would protect most in this situation is Miki. She is obviously a newly disabled person, otherwise she wouldn't have bandages still, so if somebody was making fun of her stump, I would step in immediately. Hmm, that sounds like a fun scenario to write, that might happen later in "Blossom" :lol:
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Numb wrote:I can be incredibly dark and depressing at times, and have driven people away because of it.
Sounds like you're talking about "Rooftops" and people's response to that.

Sorry, couldn't resist...
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Whoa. Replies to a seemingly ancient thread. Yay, I guess!
Comrade wrote:I would either join them, or brutally torture them to death. Depending on my mood.
That's stretching it just a wee bit, don'cha think?
cannedcream

Post by cannedcream »

KeiichiO wrote:Whoa. Replies to a seemingly ancient thread. Yay, I guess!
Comrade wrote:I would either join them, or brutally torture them to death. Depending on my mood.
That's stretching it just a wee bit, don'cha think?
A simple maiming would probably be enough.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The question (and a lot of reactions) play on the western type of one or a few bad apples like Nelson or Jimbo, Kearney and Dolph from the Simpsons. One of the reasons Japanese-style bullying has gained such infamy is that Japanese are group-creatures by nature and bullying is often done in relatively large groups, which create both partial anonymity and an audience. Anyone who knows about the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory knows what that means. So in-context, the question would more be: "If you witnessed a large group bullying Hanako..."
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest Poster wrote:Japanese are group-creatures by nature
What about nature specifically in Japan causes them to be "group-creatures"?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Xanatos wrote:
I don't mean to say that it's in their genes, but rather in their cultural upbringing. Just like Americans are individualists by nature. Except Japanese culture is probably more extreme in their emphasis on acting as part of a group, where each person has his or her place and rank. Kids are introduced to this concept from a very early age. When scolding an unruly kid, western parents tend to focus on the act itself and the fact that it's "bad". Japanese parents tend to focus on the impact the behavior has on the group. ("the rest disapproves of you for this") It's the guilt culture vs. the shame culture thing. Shame culture doesn't work in an individualistic society, but works wonders in a group-based one.

I could write more, but this is the basic gist of it. Individualists don't do well in Japanese society.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest Poster wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I don't mean to say that it's in their genes, but rather in their cultural upbringing. Just like Americans are individualists by nature. Except Japanese culture is probably more extreme in their emphasis on acting as part of a group, where each person has his or her place and rank. Kids are introduced to this concept from a very early age. When scolding an unruly kid, western parents tend to focus on the act itself and the fact that it's "bad". Japanese parents tend to focus on the impact the behavior has on the group. ("the rest disapproves of you for this") It's the guilt culture vs. the shame culture thing. Shame culture doesn't work in an individualistic society, but works wonders in a group-based one.

I could write more, but this is the basic gist of it. Individualists don't do well in Japanese society.
That would be the exact opposite of nature then, since they have to have it drilled into them from an early age. :lol: And Japanese society sounds like hell. If there's ever an evil cybernetic hive mind, it'll probably be Japanese.