flurk

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by flurk »

yeah i sometimes see stars when i suddenly jump up and move too :P
KronosIII

Post by KronosIII »

Seroanth wrote:Hmm...

I've never heard of anyone have a "Waa waa waa' sound before.

You sure it's not more like a wave breaking mixed with a feeling like blood is rushing into your head?

I've only had two such heartbeats in the last 5 years, but I remember the sound I heard. What you hear is actually the blood rushing into your ears :D

Murmurs are extra heart sounds that are produced as a result of turbulent blood flow which is sufficient to produce audible noise. What are you talking about with the ear thing?
vaen

Post by vaen »

it's actually pretty normal to go light in the head if you stand up too fast after sitting at rest. closing your eyes and taking a deep breath helps, as does sitting down again :)
though, I do believe there are plenty of people who never have that though. at the very least, this is not something you have to see a doctor for. if it happens when you're not standing up suddenly though, better do go see one. 8)

btw, some people have similar things happen to them when they are about to fall asleep. this is pretty normal actually. they are failsaves to guard against falling into a coma, but sometimes they trigger on a false alarm (i.e. going to sleep).
Devvy

Post by Devvy »

vaen wrote:it's actually pretty normal to go light in the head if you stand up too fast after sitting at rest. closing your eyes and taking a deep breath helps, as does sitting down again :)

Yeah, like I said, postural hypotension.

A quick shift in body position displaces the amount of blood in your head fairly easily if you've been in a certain position for too long.

It happens to pretty much everyone, it's just natural physics and biology.
K_Amelia

Post by K_Amelia »

On top of my crappy hearing (due to constant eardrum ruptures and infections when I was a kid) I have a mild "heart murmur" as well. Basically my heart skips a beat every so often.... Thumpa Thumpa Thumpa ............ Thumpa Thumpa Thumpa ThumpaThumpa ..........

Just this morning I had a rather nasty dizzy spell when I stood up too fast. I wound up "seeing grey" and having to sit down on the floor for a while. Not good.... I have to start taking better care of myself, or go to the doctor >cringes< . . .
(")(^.^)(")Katie
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

K_Amelia wrote:Just this morning I had a rather nasty dizzy spell when I stood up too fast. I wound up "seeing grey" and having to sit down on the floor for a while. Not good.... I have to start taking better care of myself, or go to the doctor >cringes< . . .
I hate it when that happens. Stand up after sitting for a long time and almost blacking out...
And doctors aren't too bad. I kinda liked going to them. Corpsmen on the other hand.... :|
abscess

Post by abscess »

Devvy wrote:postural hypotension.
Never heard of it, but makes sense. I'll have to move more often from my lazy ass then. Thanks.
K_Amelia wrote:Just this morning I had a rather nasty dizzy spell when I stood up too fast. I wound up "seeing grey" and having to sit down on the floor for a while. Not good.... I have to start taking better care of myself, or go to the doctor >cringes< . . .
Something similar happened to me only once, but went blind for a few seconds. Everything looked like seen through a white static filter.... it wasn't a pretty sight. Not to mention the strange headache I had.
Siiiiigh....
K_Amelia

Post by K_Amelia »

abscess wrote:
Devvy wrote:postural hypotension.
Never heard of it, but makes sense. I'll have to move more often from my lazy ass then. Thanks.
Something similar happened to me only once, but went blind for a few seconds. Everything looked like seen through a white static filter.... it wasn't a pretty sight. Not to mention the strange headache I had.
That almost sounds like a flash-migraine. When I was a kid, I was the first case my doctor had ever seen of migraines in a child under 14. The worst ones cause an involuntary twitch in my neck muscles which is perfectly in time with my heartbeat. It's most disturbing, especially since it's no better sitting,standing, or lying down. All I can do is sit there, with my head twitching, trying desperately not to whiteout from the pain.

I somehow feel like I'm derailing this thread. Sorry.
(")(^.^)(")Katie
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

To Kronos: Are you forced to take medication for your heart condition daily? For just emergencies? Or are you simply advised to eat healthy and exercise?
Imagine me and you...
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

KronosIII wrote:

Murmurs are extra heart sounds that are produced as a result of turbulent blood flow which is sufficient to produce audible noise. What are you talking about with the ear thing?
I have a few friends with heart problems, and none of them have ever described a "waa waa waa" as described.
KronosIII

Post by KronosIII »

Vertical wrote:To Kronos: Are you forced to take medication for your heart condition daily? For just emergencies? Or are you simply advised to eat healthy and exercise?
Like I said earlier I will only require to take medication if the shit hits the fan. To prevent that I take better care of myself and not overeat. I will require surgery and medication if I fail to maintain healthy. So in short terms I am a ticking time bomb lol
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

KronosIII wrote:Every time I went to a new doctor for a check up they are amazed and try to bring every doctor in the room to hear it.
Aren't you amused when you see the doctor doing that and then you see the "omfg" expression on their faces? :D

I would be, and probably try to restrain myself from laughing at their facial expression. :D

Anyway, someone mentioned something about hearing noises I think.

I have this "condition"... dunno if you can call it a condition but anyway.
This kinda stuff happenes to me. Not ALL the time but pretty often. :/
It's like a screeching high frequency annoying sound lol (like "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii")
It goes smoothly at first, then it intensifies and grows louder and louder, reaching the peak as I gradualy aproach the fully dormant state (100% asleep).
Then when the peak is reached it suddenly stopps with a loud "eeeek" and I jump out of bed scared like shit... then I say "god damnit ffs", get sum lulz and go back to bed lol.
And no, I have no problems with my ears.

Annoying but funny stuff in the end. :D

Now, can someone tell me what that shit is? :S

Also, I've also been born prematurely... skinny and short as hell for my age, I get tired very easy also and gasp for air a lot if I run for more than 100-200 meters.
Also tried sports like gymnasthics (failed - huge gasps for air and also broke my arm), swimming (failed - huge gasps for air), atlethics (epic failed - very huge gasps for air, almost fainted once), martial arts (semi-failed).
"...!"
Juno

Post by Juno »

You might suffer from a form of tinnitus, which can be the alarm for other issues. Better go get it checked man.
Also, you could try doing serious Yoga if you want to be healthier. It won't make you gasp for air since it's not an aerobic discipline but it will strain your muscles enough to be of service.
abscess

Post by abscess »

It could also be exploding head syndrome. How different it is from tinnitus, I dunno. As for yoga, it might work, if you can withstand people badgering about chakras and stuff like that.....
Siiiiigh....
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

I guess I need to be more clear in my posts, I meant that my low-blood pressure is directly caused by my arrhythmia, NOT that low blood pressure is indicative of arrhythmia.

My doctor said this, but he likes to point out that "it could be your heart" whenever virtually ANYTHING goes wrong with me.

Me and my dad may as well have been born with signs saying "High risk of heart failure", because HIS father died of heart failure at age 31, but back then they didn't have the tools (or knowledge maybe) to know exactly WHY heart failure occured, which means that no matter WHAT was wrong with my heart - no matter how seemingly insignificant - the doctor is guaranteed to add "But this could be what killed your grandfather, so be careful." to the to the end of any diagnosis.

It gets pretty annoying after awhile, for example if he finds out I had one heart murmur, the diagnosis is pretty much automatically "It's probably nothing, but it might kill you so be careful."

I tend to think something along the lines of "WOW, that's really F***ing helpful, if I die you're right, if I don't die you're STILL right, and know I have to pay you for this???"

He's about as helpful as a weather channel in Oregon, US.

(For those of you who don't know, we don't even bother checking weather forecasts over here.)
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260