No
41%
Dunno?
1%

Total votes: 272

AutisticPsycho

Re: Was KS the first VN you played?

Post by AutisticPsycho »

Mine was Three Sisters' Story when I was like 13 or 14. Haha.

I've also recently gotten into Phoenix Wright.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

The first VN I played was YMK. I haven't really bothered going through any others, except for the Act 1 demo of course.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Wait, Phoenix Wright counts? Damn it...
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

vaen wrote:
Kisho wrote:Depending on whether you count the Phoenix Wright games, KS is either my first or 5th. (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice: Ace Attourney) Up to you whether you count those or not.

Since playing KS though, I've been inspired to search for more VNs, starting with Fate/Stay Night since I had already watched the Anime. Just completed the Infinite Blade Works storyline, will start on the Heaven's Feel storyline tomorrow. While the storyline and world created by F/SN is absolutely epic, I believe KS has F/SN beat when it comes to likeable and believeable characters. Though Saber is one of my favourite characters in the history of EVER. Have to wonder if the KS girls can beat that (looking likely so far)!
I think you just might like the Lilly-Saber crossovers that were made in the photoshop thread about as much as I do :D
Oh I did. Lily is also my favourite KS girl. Coincidence?
Eab1990

Post by Eab1990 »

Tea Society of a Witch was technically my first, but I don't really count that or Hourglass of Summer, since they are both in crappy DVD format.

Ever17 was my first and favorite. Coco <3.

I own all of the above too.

Also, I've played a bit of Snatcher. Not Phoenix Wright, unfortunately.
K_Amelia

Post by K_Amelia »

I tried a few years ago to "get into" the whole VN thing. I tried a bit of Kana:Little Sister, but it just seemed too wierd.

I tried something that contained the text "Zunk squish squish squish zunk" during one of the early scenes. I promptly deleted it.

I very briefly poked around at the newest Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni games in a Nintendo DS emulator, but since I can't read Japanese I was left without a clue as to who was doing what/threatening who/getting killed next.

Then I found Katawa Shoujo.

<3
(")(^.^)(")Katie
vaen

Post by vaen »

Kisho wrote:
vaen wrote:I think you just might like the Lilly-Saber crossovers that were made in the photoshop thread about as much as I do :D
Oh I did. Lily is also my favourite KS girl. Coincidence?
probably not as I share your taste entirely. :shock:
also, mine! :mrgreen:
sazaland

Post by sazaland »

KS was my first VN, but it got me to look into them for the first time.

I just finished Heaven's Feel in Fate/Stay Night today, and the whole thing was awesome. Much as I hate to be unoriginal I liked Unlimited Blade Works best, since I don't really like Sakura, and I think Saber was treated more appropriately by Shirou in UBW than Fate, even though it wasn't her route. I really liked Fate as well though,Heavens Feel seemed to me more like closure to the why's of the war leftover after the other two routes than a route of it's own, it seemed like it was designed to be unlikeable being that Saber disappeared so early, Rin never really warmed up to Shirou, and Sakura was only partially sane for most of the story(and whimpering the rest of it). With Lancer, Archer and False Assassin dead literally the only thing to like was Kotomine. And Mind of Steel was some serious blue balls, I was so ready for the story to go GAR :cry:

Anyway, I understand my next conquest should probably be Tsukihime, but I heard that's being remade? How is translated Tsukihime running on say, Windows 7 RC 64-bit?(I played F/SN on this flawlessly)
Thistledown

Post by Thistledown »

My first VN was Kana Little Sister. Was given to me by a friend, and I love it to this day.
K_Amelia

Post by K_Amelia »

Thistledown wrote:My first VN was Kana Little Sister. Was given to me by a friend, and I love it to this day.
Perhapse I'll dust off (literally) my copy and give it another try.
(")(^.^)(")Katie
vaen

Post by vaen »

sazaland wrote:KS was my first VN, but it got me to look into them for the first time.

I just finished Heaven's Feel in Fate/Stay Night today, and the whole thing was awesome. Much as I hate to be unoriginal I liked Unlimited Blade Works best, since I don't really like Sakura, and I think Saber was treated more appropriately by Shirou in UBW than Fate, even though it wasn't her route. I really liked Fate as well though,Heavens Feel seemed to me more like closure to the why's of the war leftover after the other two routes than a route of it's own, it seemed like it was designed to be unlikeable being that Saber disappeared so early, Rin never really warmed up to Shirou, and Sakura was only partially sane for most of the story(and whimpering the rest of it). With Lancer, Archer and False Assassin dead literally the only thing to like was Kotomine. And Mind of Steel was some serious blue balls, I was so ready for the story to go GAR :cry:

Anyway, I understand my next conquest should probably be Tsukihime, but I heard that's being remade? How is translated Tsukihime running on say, Windows 7 RC 64-bit?(I played F/SN on this flawlessly)
that's funny, I feel the exact same way. are you my long lost evil twin brother?
I finished tsukihime a while back. it's obviously not nearly as awesome as F/SN but it's pretty good. I especially like the maids :D (if you play tsukihime after F/SN you'll probably be surprised at how... familiar those 2 maids look.)
honestly, tsukihime got boring from time to time but overall it's recommended. do be sure to get remastered/remixed versions of the songs instead of the original ones as the originals are very very low quality. (the mirrormoon english patch readme will give more details about this)
I haven't heard anything about it being remade however, but I did hear rumours about tsukihime 2 being in production.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

vaen wrote: I haven't heard anything about it being remade however, but I did hear rumours about tsukihime 2 being in production.
They are the same thing (or maybe not). T-M has announced both a sequel and that the sequel is actually a remake of the original game.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
abscess

Post by abscess »

Aura wrote:
vaen wrote: I haven't heard anything about it being remade however, but I did hear rumours about tsukihime 2 being in production.
They are the same thing (or maybe not). T-M has announced both a sequel and that the sequel is actually a remake of the original game.
Not exactly. T-M announced two titles that have something to do with the nasuverse, Mahotsukai No Yoru*, that is a novel that was published before Kara no Kyoukai, but in total there are like 6 copies and all of them were given to the writer's friends (or something like that), so technically it's yet to be published to the rest of the public. The second is Tsukhime remake, which is not Tsukihime 2. Tsukhime 2 could be considered as "in planning" or something like that, since there are some stuff tied to it, like the Talk side story from the Tsukihime Dokuhon Plus Period** (I think) and some scenes present in Kagetsu Tohya*** or Character Material (I can't remember correctly).

So.... First VN.... Did I already say it was Snatcher for the Sega CD? I still think it's awesome and am waiting for the Policenauts translation to be finished. Hopefully that will be this year......

* Deals with Aozaki Aoko, the red-haired woman that briefly appears in Tsukihime. It's before the events of Tsukihime.
** Book containing info on Tsukihime.
*** Tsukihime's Fan Disc that serves as a continuation of sorts.
Siiiiigh....
vaen

Post by vaen »

abscess wrote: Not exactly. T-M announced two titles that have something to do with the nasuverse, Mahotsukai No Yoru*, that is a novel that was published before Kara no Kyoukai, but in total there are like 6 copies and all of them were given to the writer's friends (or something like that), so technically it's yet to be published to the rest of the public. The second is Tsukhime remake, which is not Tsukihime 2. Tsukhime 2 could be considered as "in planning" or something like that, since there are some stuff tied to it, like the Talk side story from the Tsukihime Dokuhon Plus Period** (I think) and some scenes present in Kagetsu Tohya*** or Character Material (I can't remember correctly)
I defer to the expert info from the nasulogist. :mrgreen:

First VN I played was the Sagara Family :D (eroge) it's still one of my favs too.
first non eroge must've been ever 17. pretty epic too.
abscess

Post by abscess »

Dohohoho. I'm hardly an expert. Where I usually hang out it's pretty much common knowledge. Anyway, I'm wondering who started eroge with those made for the DOS? My first one was Three Sisters' Story IIRC. I think it's the first one I read that tried hard (for its time) to have a nice story..... Man, I feel old!
Siiiiigh....