Volunteer for spanish translation

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Okano

Volunteer for spanish translation

Post by Okano »

I love Katawa shoujo,is an incredible visual novel,I can't belive the dedication,love and attention you must have given every character and I had been lucky to know english well enoght to play throug it and love every second,even the slightly thngs i didnt like or thought where weird,they where well tought and explained,I cant belive how many feelings this game has made me feel,yet I woud love for more people to play this game and Im from Mexico I know a lot of people dont speak english and well I wish I can help translating this beutiful game into yet another lenguage so it can be known for many more people so I woud like to volunteer for it,maybe is kinda annoying for some pople here that I post this so I want to say sorry to them,I dont mind to make anyone mad nor bother anyone
demonix

Re: Volunteer for spanish translation

Post by demonix »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4718

Since there's no Spanish translation of act 1 listed there, there won't be any team you can volunteer for to help with the translation (and a lack of a Spanish translation of act 1 would mean that a translation in that language is highly likely to be impossible until the game script is made available which is also an uncertainty).
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

demonix wrote:http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4718

Since there's no Spanish translation of act 1 listed there, there won't be any team you can volunteer for to help with the translation (and a lack of a Spanish translation of act 1 would mean that a translation in that language is highly likely to be impossible until the game script is made available which is also an uncertainty).
Wasn't there a Latin American one? Or am i imagining things?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
demonix

Post by demonix »

There's been no activity in that thread for over a year, so I would suspect that translation has stalled.
abscess

Post by abscess »

Not really into reviving dead threads, but I feel compelled to in this case (sorry 'cookie, hope you understand). The translation isn't dead, guys... Sure, it's had its slow moments and some of them so slow that seemed that shit just didn't move at all, but dudes... we're fine. Actually, we are so damn fine we'll probably begin beta testing it in not too long. Hell, just today we finished the let's play KS Act1 in Spanish where the community ended up picking Hanako's ending.

And for those of you that are interested, supposing you're still around, we have a blog that you can check for news on our crap. There's also the IRC channel #MalditasLisiadas in irc.irchighway.net that you can even access through a link in our blog. Then there's the e-mail: EspLatinoKS@gmail.com

Some of you might say "you're now using this thread to advertise your project", well, yes! It's kinda annoying to be considered dead when we've been busting our nuts working on the damn thing for over two years. The reason we, or rather I (because nobody else in the team were super interested in these forums) stopped talking about the latin american translation here is because nobody seemed to care about it around these parts of town, so I just stopped looking this way.

It's just... guys... please make a bit of research before talking, it's really not that hard to check the links in a thread of only two pages that, btw, was updated less than a month before this thread started.
Siiiiigh....
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

abscess wrote:
Some of you might say "you're now using this thread to advertise your project", well, yes! It's kinda annoying to be considered dead when we've been busting our nuts working on the damn thing for over two years. The reason we, or rather I (because nobody else in the team were super interested in these forums) stopped talking about the latin american translation here is because nobody seemed to care about it around these parts of town, so I just stopped looking this way.
While I don't speak Spanish (I took it for two years in Highschool but that was a long time ago) I would be curious in hearing abut HOW you translated it. I'm sure there are certain phrases that wouldn't translate well and I'd be interested in hearing about any difficulties or hard choices you may have had to make in your progress.

It's the "this route route is now 36% translated!" stuff that bores me.
Not Dead Yet
abscess

Post by abscess »

Oddball wrote: While I don't speak Spanish (I took it for two years in Highschool but that was a long time ago) I would be curious in hearing abut HOW you translated it. I'm sure there are certain phrases that wouldn't translate well and I'd be interested in hearing about any difficulties or hard choices you may have had to make in your progress.
Yes, those issues abound, mainly in Lilly's and Emi's path. Rin's path was mostly due to obfuscated writing.
Oddball wrote:It's the "this route route is now 36% translated!" stuff that bores me.
By now every route has been completely translated for some time (around six months), we've been checking and rechecking the translation. As I said, I just didn't bother to update a thing in this forum.
Siiiiigh....