What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kozaky

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Kozaky »

The scene where Hisao was chasing after lilly at the airport made me cry the most. :lol:
Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi.
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

This might seem odd, but i'm not heavily affected emotionally by all that many scenes. I'm, actually, more affected by the music that's played during the scene.

But, it was a tie between "Trending softly" and "Under a bright sky."
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^You mean "Treading Softly"? That is when Breathlessly plays. Yeah I cried too, but not only for what the scene portrays, but the fact that Hisao doesn't talk and react like I would have. Seeing Hanako laying there, tear-stained cheeks... yeah. I was pretty much weeping through the whole scene. Hisao's decision that "she's too fragile to pursue a relationship with" and "I don't have to be anything more than her friend to prevent something like this from ever happening again" never crossed my mind. But even then, that's nothing compared to whenever Painful History plays. Just hearing the song means instant tears. Call it empathy, like a kind few people have. It's hard to explain.
stutum

Post by stutum »

Though every path got their touching moments, only once scene made my eyes watery: At Hanako's premature birthday party, when she sits on the floor with her new doll and chess-set, with a wide open smile, genuinely happy. That was so beautiful and touching. :)
Lionel_B

Post by Lionel_B »

The Emi's confession on his father ...

Okay, everyone had guessed in the game, me too, but I cried because ... This topic is difficult for me, but going to the end: Me too my father is dead... So I felt concerned.

Emi joined my club, there Simba, Luke Skywalker and Ame (wolf child) who joined me :3

Emi... Or Lilly ?

This is the first time I can not make a choice, since the first generation of Pokemon that I had to choose a starter T-T
stutum

Post by stutum »

Lionel_B wrote:The Emi's confession on his father ...

Okay, everyone had guessed in the game, me too, but I cried because ... This topic is difficult for me, but going to the end: Me too my father is dead... So I felt concerned.

Emi joined my club, there Simba, Luke Skywalker and Ame (wolf child) who joined me :3
I'm sorry to hear that. No wonder that made it the most toughing one for you.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

It wasn't so much his death that got to me, but her reaction to it. Her comment: "I decided that I wouldn't let people get close to me anymore" as she stood there with tears in her eyes just broke my heart.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Because "I'm going to do this thing that my dead father would completely disapprove of!" is a brilliant idea, Emu... (Typo, but I'm leaving it. :lol:)

As sad as she is, Emi's still really dense...Most potential for tears is Hanako's or Rin's route for me. Any sad scene will do, but Hanako's neutral end was pretty bad...And Rin during/after the exhibition...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MickMuffin

Post by MickMuffin »

Probably the entirety of Lilly's good path.
It was my last story I did, and everything about it made me sob like a little bitch. Especially the field scene.
Oh god the field scene...
"These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shaman's eyes. Terrible things, that you can't even imagine."
FreeGothitelle

Post by FreeGothitelle »

I got a bit teary at both of Rin's endings in act 4.
One because it was beautiful and the other because of how sad it was.

I don't remember getting that emotional at any other parts of the game.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Being the empathetic "I feel your pain" person that I am, nothing will ever rival the tears of seeing all of Hanako's scars for the first time. Oh yeah, and the exact moment of rapid waterfall flow...

"I curled into a ball as the fire swept over me. My mother tried to shield me... that's the only reason I lived."

I cried as if I'd been kicked in the nuts. The following intimacy didn't really help things any, the truth is, I've been more emotionally impacted by this fictional character than the troubles of any real girl I'd ever known before. I guess that says a lot about the repression issue I had before, and how I was bottling up all my pain from the things people in my past did to me. At various moments, it hit me all at once. Crying is a healing thing to do. Resisting it actually makes you weaker. All this male bravado crap and the opinion that men should hide their emotions... it's all BS.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Shizune didn't make me cry.
Rin confused me long enough that the moments went (my mind went out around about when hisao got the cigarette)
Emi got me close. But the sex was too soon to get a reaction for me.
From the coffee shop to hanakos room to the park scene I was holding them back. Hisao figured it out only to have hanako lose it.
That fucking neutral Lilly.
That fucking music box.

Excuse me a moment...
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
bcmandude

Post by bcmandude »

I'm going to admit this right now that I honestly didn't cry a single time during Katawa Shoujo. I'm not bragging or anything; I actually feel bad that for the past year or so, nothing's really been able to make me cry. Not even my own good friend (or so I thought) telling me to never talk to him again.

With that being said, the 10 scenes that came the closest to making me cry would be:
1. Raison d'etre- The scene where Rin cries after being yelled at by Nomiya and telling Hisao that she doesn't understand anyone
2. Under a Bright Sky- The scene where Hisao wakes up in the hospital to Lilly and the sound of her music box
3. The World only you can see- Rin's neutral ending scene in the rain where she says good bye to Hisao forever
(During the above 3 scenes, I kinda sorta not really cried, but my eyes did get a little red)
4. Terminal- Shizune's bad ending scene where she sits alone on the steps after telling Hisao that she can't trust him
5. Whispers of the Past- The scene where Emi tells Hisao about her father's death while they visit his grave
6. Look ahead/Look aside- Both versions of the scene where Misha confesses that she loves shizune and that she's depressed
7. Equivalent Exchange- The scene where Hanako and Hisao exchange parts of their past and Hanako mentions the fire
8. Adulthood- Hanako's good ending scene where she and Hisao finally open up to eachother and share their first kiss
9. Proof of Existence- Rin's good ending scene when she asks Hisao what the word is for when it feels in your heart that everything is all right
10. Context- The scene where Akira tells Hisao the truth about Lilly being summoned to Scotland to live the rest of her life there
100% completion!
Finished Routes (in order of completion): Rin, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

People have different threshholds for tears and tend to keep their feelings inside. But I know how you feel. I still feel bad that I never felt like crying when my mother died years ago.

I don't think I've ever cried over a real life tragedies. Sad movies, tv, music, and books otoh get me going pretty easily. But even then its usually just a couple of tears at most.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^That's not good, that's a lot of repression. I used to be like that too, for years. But then I read Hanako's story and cried like a bitch. :lol:

And even after 7 full reads of her story, I still can't get enough of her. Hanako Ikezawa forever. :mrgreen: