A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FeroxAnima

Re: Ask!

Post by FeroxAnima »

Shail wrote: Hah nah koh

Kah tah wah shoh joh

h is the letter of the day.
Thanks but, I didn't get it xD
Which of the vowels is accentuated? Hah, nah or koh?

Comrade wrote:
FeroxAnima wrote:It's definitely been asked before, but I can't find it and I just have to know, so sorry in advance.

My native language is Hebrew (in which the vowels work relatively similar to Japanese), so pronouncing most of the names was really easy for me.
Really? thats odd considering Hebrew is a semitic language and Japanease is far from being semitic. odd
I mean in the sense that 'A' is pronounced like 'ah', for example, Shizune in Hebrew letters would naturally be read as "She-zoo-ne" or however you'd type that xD
There would be absolutely no way to think it's "She-zoon".
My intention was that it's more similar to Japanese than English is.
Last edited by FeroxAnima on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

FeroxAnima wrote:
Comrade wrote:
FeroxAnima wrote:It's definitely been asked before, but I can't find it and I just have to know, so sorry in advance.

My native language is Hebrew (in which the vowels work relatively similar to Japanese), so pronouncing most of the names was really easy for me.
Really? thats odd considering Hebrew is a semitic language and Japanease is far from being semitic. odd
I mean in the sense that 'A' is pronounced like 'ah', for example, Shizune in Hebrew letters would naturally be read as "She-zoo-ne" or however you'd type that xD
There would be absolutely no way to think it's "She-zoon".
My intention was that it's more similar to Japanese than English is.
theres the more sinistar pronounciation of Shi-Zo-Na :lol:
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

That is just the example I was about to use there, but realized how it sounds just before I wrote it XD
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

Comrade

Post by Comrade »

we'll be the only ones who get that ^_^
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Pronunciation.

Have a thorough look through the multiple links and threads.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Kwyna

Post by Kwyna »

Hi, I think 4LeafStudio members on several occasions mentioned that the visual novel "narcissu" was a big influence, and a favourite VN of some of the writers/team members.

How exactly would you say Narcissu influenced KS?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kwyna wrote:Hi, I think 4LeafStudio members on several occasions mentioned that the visual novel "narcissu" was a big influence, and a favourite VN of some of the writers/team members.

How exactly would you say Narcissu influenced KS?
Read the chapter "7F" of Narcissu. Then read the first two scenes of KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

Silentcook wrote:Pronunciation.

Have a thorough look through the multiple links and threads.
Thank you :)
This:
Silentcook wrote:This ought to resolve all your questions on the subject.
is especially helpful :D
Effie-Wan Trinoby

TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

I'm attempting to write a fan fiction(Hanako - Epilogue of sorts), but it follows the good ending of the Hanako route from Alpha. If we can't talk about Alpha does that mean I can't go after the Alpha ending for my fan fiction?
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

TheGoatman wrote:I'm attempting to write a fan fiction(Hanako - Epilogue of sorts), but it follows the good ending of the Hanako route from Alpha. If we can't talk about Alpha does that mean I can't go after the Alpha ending for my fan fiction?
The ban on talking about the Alpha only applies to the forums. The internet is your own dominion. We're not going to stop fansposting their own stuff on their own blogs etc..
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

I had planned on posting the fan fic in the fan fiction thread, seems like the best place to get views and feedback for a Katawa Shoujo fan fiction. If I want to post it on these forums, should I change it so that it follows the release route instead?
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

TheGoatman wrote:I had planned on posting the fan fic in the fan fiction thread, seems like the best place to get views and feedback for a Katawa Shoujo fan fiction. If I want to post it on these forums, should I change it so that it follows the release route instead?
I honestly think that you'll be fine if you post it there. Just don't try discussing the alpha in this thread as if it were canon.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TacticalBacon

Post by TacticalBacon »

are the artstyles of the game (or VN, whatever you call it) influenced from somewhere or were they original
My Steam
My Twitter
My Tumblr
My skype is HakimAthalla21
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

TacticalBacon wrote:are the artstyles of the game (or VN, whatever you call it) influenced from somewhere or were they original
Sure, every artist is influenced by other artists they admire or whatever, and 4LS staff is no different. Specifically for KS, Tatsuki Amaduyu and his partner in crime, Misato Mitsumi were big influences.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
WarbirdHD
Location: A place where all there is is blood, death, destruction, and rainbows.

Post by WarbirdHD »

New question!
If any of the devs (Such as you, Aura, or Suriko, etc.) Could write a different route, such as say... A Natsume route, who would it star? I personally would do a Naomi route.
(Fanfiction!)
WarbirdHD out!