what would happen if KS was animated

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

redlar

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by redlar »

Couldn't we just have different arcs that are different routes in different universes? Assuming the average 26-episode series, the first two episodes are introduction and six episodes are devoted to each arc. Of course, they have to aired so that every week the focused route changes.
My heart...she is attacked. *Hurk! Blagh!*
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Bara wrote:Sounds like a fully animated VN. I suppose someone, someday will do that. Come to think of it, someone probably has already done that. :wink:
School Days is pretty close (the actual VN, not the anime) AFAIK.
静音是买外夫
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

If I were adapting this story to an ongoing series, I would pair Hisao off with an OC and have him befriend the rest but no romantic involvement with them. I'd do this for these reasons:
  • No rehashes of routes in the game
  • Hisao and the girls now stand on their own as characters, not as retarded Zutaran shipper targets
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

"what would happen if KS was animated"

Well, I'd guess the pictures would move.
Eligre

Post by Eligre »

You know Hypo, you're always the voice of reason here.

I feel the most likely outcome would be a hybrid thing, not as bad as Gumshoe McGee there describes it, but with time dedicated to every character, and yes, a rival school (Emi needs to race someone since she's on the track TEAM, after all), and of course, Rin with a knife in her mouth gutting HRRNK-san as the special ending.

Likely the anime would go with Burn-chan as the female lead, though, because Japanese have this obsession with shy girls. The main antagonists would be Shizune+company, with over-the-top scenes of whipping Lilly with snakes because she slacked off in giving in a report, establishing them as holding the villain ball, because again, strong-willed girls in anime are almost always villains, at least in the beginning. Of course, she'll join the good guys for the face-off against Rival Schools.

But not all is well in happy-land... People begin dying off, disappearing. Haruhiko never has an alibi. Then Lelouch and Lezard join forces to defeat him, only to be thrown back by his awesome might. It turns out he wasn't the criminal, however, and was striking out only because he lost Kyonko. Aura and Anon are the true attackers, and the cast of side-characters band together to defeat them, giant mecha and katana-fights blazing against blue fire and cat/birdgirls joining in the fray.

Wait... That's Utawarerumono, ...Sorry.
...Not that my avvy is suggesting anything about Katawa Shoujo. I hope.
Mei

Post by Mei »

Misha end.

Post by Guest »

Eligre wrote: (Emi needs to race someone since she's on the track TEAM, after all)
Emi and her teammates probably compete with local, mainstream schools. If the animu needed a filler arc, they could probably do something with a competitor being a jerk about the Yamaku students' disabilities. Or maybe Emi has a teammate with a crush on someone from another school, but doesn't feel comfortable outside of Yamaku because of whatever problem she has.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

The anime would go through all the girls arcs excluding the endings for them of course. But Nakai will probably end up with Hakamichi just because he meets her first.
This anime would also be better than Clannad and Haruhi.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Seyren

Post by Seyren »

if KS was animated....
some people will feel annoyed with how the anime turns.....
'coz in the anime you can't choose who gets the good ending right?
maybe some fans of one girl will disappointed when his/her favorite character wasn't chosen by the writer.....
but if just see by how KS animated it would be a good story....
Bara

Post by Bara »

Seyren wrote:if KS was animated....
maybe some fans of one girl will disappointed when his/her favorite character wasn't chosen by the writer.....
Just give it to George Lucas and there will be an anime for all 5 main girls. Say 26 episodes for each girl for a total of 130 episodes. Knowing Lucas' ability to milk a franchise cash cow I bet there would also be 13 episodes for Misha, Akira, all the other girls in Hisao's class. Heck throw in a Hideaki OVA for those who like that. :lol:
Seyren wrote:but if just see by how KS animated it would be a good story....
A good story given into the wrong hands can leave a bitter taste in mouth. :cry:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Seyren

Post by Seyren »

Bara wrote:
Seyren wrote:if KS was animated....
Just give it to George Lucas and there will be an anime for all 5 main girls. Say 26 episodes for each girl for a total of 130 episodes. Knowing Lucas' ability to milk a franchise cash cow I bet there would also be 13 episodes for Misha, Akira, all the other girls in Hisao's class. Heck throw in a Hideaki OVA for those who like that. :lol:
Seyren wrote:but if just see by how KS animated it would be a good story....
A good story given into the wrong hands can leave a bitter taste in mouth. :cry:
wew... 130 episodes? eek, that would be a hard work isn't it?
i think 26 episodes for one girl won't be enough.... (I'm a great fan of anime)
m(_ _)m Hail to 4LS
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

If the series had 130 hours of content, I'd cancel any upcoming events for the next two weeks and watch them all.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Seyren wrote:wew... 130 episodes? eek, that would be a hard work isn't it?
i think 26 episodes for one girl won't be enough.... (I'm a great fan of anime)
m(_ _)m Hail to 4LS
It is more of a comment on George Lucas and his way of handling his Star Wars franchise than anything about KS I'm afraid.

(But if there was all those episodes of KS out there I'd be watching them all even if Ewe Boll did them... ah no, on second thought, I draw the line at Ewe Boll.) :oops:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Well 4LS would have to approve of any animation based on KS which means that there is a great possibility of clashes between the writers concerning whose story would be better (to animate).

Bara wrote: (But if there was all those episodes of KS out there I'd be watching them all even if Ewe Boll did them... ah no, on second thought, I draw the line at Ewe Boll.) :oops:
Nobody would be evil and sadistic enough to give such rights to Uwe Boll - thankfully 4LS do not do this for money and could decide for whatever (hopefully tasteful) approach they are looking.
Bara wrote: Just give it to George Lucas and there will be an anime for all 5 main girls. Say 26 episodes for each girl for a total of 130 episodes. Knowing Lucas' ability to milk a franchise cash cow I bet there would also be 13 episodes for Misha, Akira, all the other girls in Hisao's class. Heck throw in a Hideaki OVA for those who like that. :lol:
You forgot the Kenji Christmas and Valentine special.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Deimos wrote:You forgot the Kenji Christmas and Valentine special.
There is only so much Kenji I can take. :D
(Isn't the Christmas OVA the one where Kenji gets Santa drunk and he flies his sleigh into a mountainside?) :wink: