Manly Picnic (worst end?)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Manly Picnic (worst end?)

Post by Xanatos »

hitman555z wrote:i thought i was going on her route. you go to shanghai with shizune and misha. later on when you go shopping with lilly you meet rin.
You go to the Shanghai with them because they're brats roping you into working for them. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Xanatos wrote:
hitman555z wrote:i thought i was going on her route. you go to shanghai with shizune and misha. later on when you go shopping with lilly you meet rin.
You go to the Shanghai with them because they're brats roping you into working for them. :lol:
exactly :lol:
no hidden message in here
Crow

Post by Crow »

Well... I wasn't extremely surprised by the Kenji end, because I'd looked up KS on Wikipedia. It mentioned that Hisao dies abruptly if he doesn't pursue any of the girls. Still, I'd expected there to be more bad endings involving Hisao's death.

That said, I thought it kinda went against the general style of KS. With so many feels and detailed planning, the manly picnic felt silly. Perhaps that was the intention.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That said, I thought it kinda went against the general style of KS. With so many feels and detailed planning, the manly picnic felt silly. Perhaps that was the intention.
I think "silly" is exactly what they were going for. Kenji isn't exactly the most serious character after all.
Not Dead Yet
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

Crow wrote:That said, I thought it kinda went against the general style of KS. With so many feels and detailed planning, the manly picnic felt silly. Perhaps that was the intention.
I think that just reflects that for narrative reasons the VN needed a clear end, but that is a bit hard to fit into the story as established up to that point. At the time of the manly picnic Hisao has only been there for a few days and while he didn't really connect with any of the girls he has only antagonized one and in some versions not even all that significantly. The next week he should be in almost the same situation, but of course you can't have that.

"After the festival I continued to go to school with all those people, but I never made any friends and nothing interesting happened ever again. At the end of the year I graduated and never set foot into Yamaku again." That is pretty unsatisfying. Something along those lines can work for a story with a smaller scope that is inherently limited to a few days and a handful of characters.

So you might as well make the end pretty drastic and obvious.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

It didn't shock me so much as pleasantly surprised me. And I laughed my head off till its conclusion as well. I like how Kenji also gives away his innermost secret during his drunken ramble (that he is anti-feminist because his one sexual experience with a woman made him ultra-paranoid of them). And I suspect him being 'in the mood for love' right afterwards is a joke as in 'and now that you've learned his deep secret - it's time for the H scene!'

Come to think of it, drunken gay sex with Kenji would probably shock me a bit more than Hisao falling to his death. Woulda still made me laugh though.