Which ending is most likely for you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Which ending is most likely for you?

Post by Xanatos »

Sea wrote:This topic is invalid.

None of the 'endings' would be for you because firstly you know what's happens and secondly you aren't a plot device who is allergic to it's emotions like Hisao. I think the decision point is ( assuming you have no knowledge of KS) how you react to your heart attack. Manly picnic is always an option, but Hisao gets super introvert and depressed rather fast when he goes to his untimely demise. After that, it's just who you are and how your outlook is. KS is mainly about discovering the girl' underlying emotion issues, and helping them through them. If you decide to really exercise, it doesn't really mean you'd end up with Emi's like canon, because you could still be a quiet type like Hanako. Simply doing that de syncs you from the original plot line, allowing you to create your own ending. Just don't write some terrible self-insert fanfiction. Das bad.

I already covered this. :lol: Pretty sure the thread premise assumes you don't know what happens though...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ZXNova

Post by ZXNova »

Xanatos wrote:
Sea wrote:This topic is invalid.

None of the 'endings' would be for you because firstly you know what's happens and secondly you aren't a plot device who is allergic to it's emotions like Hisao. I think the decision point is ( assuming you have no knowledge of KS) how you react to your heart attack. Manly picnic is always an option, but Hisao gets super introvert and depressed rather fast when he goes to his untimely demise. After that, it's just who you are and how your outlook is. KS is mainly about discovering the girl' underlying emotion issues, and helping them through them. If you decide to really exercise, it doesn't really mean you'd end up with Emi's like canon, because you could still be a quiet type like Hanako. Simply doing that de syncs you from the original plot line, allowing you to create your own ending. Just don't write some terrible self-insert fanfiction. Das bad.

I already covered this. :lol: Pretty sure the thread premise assumes you don't know what happens though...
That's actually what I was trying to get at, but I couldn't really word it out.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Touhou guy here.
You cannot deny the cuteness of my avatar. If you try to deny it, your subconscious shall be devoured.
All of my yes.
By order of favorites: Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Emi
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hm. Depends on the path...

With Emi, I'd probably get the good ending, not much doubt about that.

With Shizune, the good ending's pretty obvious.

Lilly's good ending would also be easy for me.

Hanako's ending would probably be bad. I don't know, though. The choices were my own but the following actions were ridiculous, imo.

Rin's ending... I have no clue. Probably neutral. It is very, very rare for me to blow up at anyone and start yelling, so I wouldn't storm out and leave. That said, I didn't understand Rin at all, so it'd be hard for me to get the good ending.
MasterOfRomance

Post by MasterOfRomance »

The Manly Picnic, obviously. :P

Okay, my own personal ability to take Oblivious To Love to ludicrous degrees during high school notwithstanding, of all the girls I think I would have wound up with Hanako's neutral or good ending. Though judging by each route, well...

Emi: "Misha rescue" version of the good ending. Mostly because this was the first route I played, going into it completely blind, and chose to play it as I would in real life. Thus, this was what I got.

Hanako: Good or neutral ending, as mentioned above. I would have definitely not chosen to just do nothing when the opportunity happened, but as for re: Lilly's advice, I honestly have no idea. In the game I listened to her, but I was influenced by my own experiences with Emi's route so it doesn't really count.

Lilly: Neutral ending. I'd definitely have resigned myself to the Way Things Are as soon as I learned she had to leave for Scotland.

Emi SHIZUNE: Good ending. Umm, hi, I'm actually a decent enough human being to know cheating on one's girlfriend is a BAD IDEA.

Rin: I have honestly no idea. Neutral, maybe?
Last edited by MasterOfRomance on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Think your favorite route is too short? Here are my recommended fan-canons!
Hanako's route-->Sisterhood
Emi's route-->Ascent
Lilly's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Shizune's route-->Weekend at Hisao's
Rin's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MasterOfRomance wrote:Emi: Good ending. Umm, hi, I'm actually a decent enough human being to know cheating on one's girlfriend is a BAD IDEA.
...Did you play some secret Emi route where we get an option to molest Meiko?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ZXNova

Post by ZXNova »

Xanatos wrote:
MasterOfRomance wrote:Emi: Good ending. Umm, hi, I'm actually a decent enough human being to know cheating on one's girlfriend is a BAD IDEA.
...Did you play some secret Emi route where we get an option to molest Meiko?
Oh crap. I never got that ending. Back to KS!

EDIT

Totally relevant. Image
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Touhou guy here.
You cannot deny the cuteness of my avatar. If you try to deny it, your subconscious shall be devoured.
All of my yes.
By order of favorites: Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Emi
Atario

Post by Atario »

Roleplaying, eh? Niiiice, Meiko.
Last edited by Silentcook on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
MasterOfRomance

Post by MasterOfRomance »

Apparently everyone hates Shizune so much, they cloned Emi and put the second Emi in her place.

Or I just fail. Y'know, whichever works for you. :P
Think your favorite route is too short? Here are my recommended fan-canons!
Hanako's route-->Sisterhood
Emi's route-->Ascent
Lilly's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Shizune's route-->Weekend at Hisao's
Rin's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Shail

Post by Shail »

Lilly: Good end
Hanako: Bad end, no fucking way I could just leave a friend like that, I tend to be very overprotective towards those I care about, infinitely moreso when they are girls(I'm a guy, deal with it), she would hate me for being protective, no doubts :C
Rin: I have no idea. No fucking idea whatsoever. I don't think I could start her route to begin with.
Emi: No idea yet again
Shizune: Only one choice and it's an easy choice for me, definitely good ending. I'm awkward around chicks enough as it is, I'd be dying from a nosebleed/steam ears in that situation, but I'd make the right choice. Cheating is for losers
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?
Kozaky

Post by Kozaky »

The ending most likely for me is emi's bad ending as it's happened to me before.
Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi.
followr_agent4444

Post by followr_agent4444 »

if im allowed to imagine myself as my own character, I can see myself being someone you most likely would met in the school council and the sports section, generally happy cheeky outgoing person but never ever intimate with anyone, probably you would find me trolling people alongside Misha just for the lols. eventually maybe I would be atracted to emi, cause like attract like they say, I dont think any of the endings reflects my self. But emis bad ending could be the most plausible had I ever dared to get intimate with a similar soul to myself in that universe, emi is quite a bitch and I would in no way behave any superior lol, eventually we would get along again and we would both apologize and true love will manifest lol
sorry for the grammars etc , english is not my strength
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Interesting thread... there's a few ways I can go at this. I think I'll go straight into, being dropped into Yamaku into Mutou's class, and then it's me, not Hisao, rather than what would happen in each of the routes. There'll be some parallels to each end, though. And, I'll follow the general structure of befriending a girl and getting on her route, but the route would be VERY different in most cases.

Because there's no choice points any more, several of the existing choice points only acted to set Hisao's mindset up for an outcome, and had nothing to do with the actual outcome, meaning I can go completely against them.

One note is that I wouldn't hide my arrhythmia. That changes a few points.

Not sure if I'd introduce myself.

Shizune
Shizune and Misha would annoy the crap out of me right off the bat. I'd keep them at arm's distance at least.

Rin
Rin would confuse the crap out of me. Just like she does in the VN. Arm's distance there, too. Basically, I'd treat her like Hisao does in Emi's route.

Lilly
Lilly... now that gets interesting. The trick is that I would be put off by Lilly's excessive formality, and even less sure about how to conduct myself around her than Hisao was. And, back in high school, I would've convinced myself that she was way out of my league, and prevented myself from having (much) attraction to her, so that would close that route off. But, that doesn't necessarily close Hanako's route off, and I wouldn't be a dick to Lilly or avoid her, I'd just be put off a bit by her. I'm sure after a while of getting to know her, I could become friends with her, but certainly not in the first week.

Speaking of which, I'll get back to Hanako.

Kenji
The Kenji route wouldn't happen. That asshole would get the door slammed in his face. My equivalent to the Kenji route would be sitting in my dorm room trolling IRC on my laptop.

Hanako
As far as Hanako goes, it depends on a lot of variables. The trick would be if I felt attracted to her initially, nothing would happen - her social anxiety would likely keep her from approaching me, my anxiety around women that I'm attracted to would likely keep me from approaching her (especially given her tendency to bolt when stressed), and my distance from Lilly would keep her from pushing us together. If I didn't, however, things could get interesting, given the shared interests. What could happen is a few things like the library scene in the VN, as coincidental meetings. We'd find out about each other's interests, become friends, and I'd become attracted to her. And then I'd become worse than Hanako with my fear of rejection. Being her friend wouldn't be a problem, but I'd be tearing myself up over asking her out, to the point that I probably wouldn't friend-zone her the way Hisao did because I'd be too busy focusing on my own anxieties.

Speaking of which, her panic attack would probably send me into a panic attack. We'd feed off of each other's anxieties. If we could get past that, though...

Now that actually gets me close to the critical choice point for Hanako in the VN, and I could see that scene playing out like that. I'd want to spend time with Hanako, and I wouldn't be a dick and offer to and then pull it back... but not sure I'd go to the city. A bit of white knighting might slip in, but I'd do something with Hanako.

Now, for her birthday... things would basically play out the same. I suspect I'd trigger a neutral end due to being too worried about her, but I'd intentionally steer the conversation away from friend zoning myself, she'd pick up on me seeing her that way (but the self-doubt would kick in). If I did trigger a bad end due to not taking her to the city (even if it was somewhere), I'd react a hell of a lot faster than Hisao did, and leave by at least the second time she told me to get out (at speeds that would make me regret not running with Emi), if not sooner... but I'd tell someone like Nurse, which is probably worse.

In the case of the neutral end, I'd probably never give up trying to force myself to confess to her, but I would never succeed, and I don't see a possibility for Hanako to feel the need to take drastic action. If she was attracted to me, though, Lilly and Akira would be frustrated to watch nothing happening. I suspect Akira would end up locking me in a room with Hanako and a box of condoms (nothing would happen, we'd both be too embarrassed). If a relationship did happen, Lilly would probably have to be the go-between to get things started.

And it'd be a horrible relationship in the long run. Remember the bit about feeding off of each other's anxieties.

In the case of the bad end, I could possibly do a stone cold sober, Kenji-free version of the Kenji end. (Read: intentional suicide.) Back at that point in my life, I considered it over less.

Emi
The Emi route... I would be physically attracted to Emi right away, in real life. I'd be PISSED at her for almost killing me, though, and the puppy dog eyes don't have much effect on me, but full puppy dog would get my attention. I probably wouldn't go for it with running, but I'd probably keep trying past the second day, just not pushing it, and I probably wouldn't make it far... until Emi decides to get my ass into gear. (Ultimately, cycling's more my thing, for what it's worth.) I would consider her out of my league, but I'll note that the thing about Hisao pushing it was more about his mindset, not about Emi's. I could actually see Emi seeing something in me, and deciding to keep at it. I would be annoyed by her, but at the same time attracted to her. My fear of rejection wouldn't come into play, given how... forward... Emi was in the VN. (Well, it'd make me as darty as Hanako around her, and she'd have to take even more initiative than she did on the rooftop in the VN, but it'd still happen.)

That route would actually work a lot like it did in Hisao's route. I probably wouldn't have agreed to the anal, though.

I'd end up on the good route via Meiko... but it wouldn't last, we wouldn't have enough in common.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Probably Hanako's good or neutral end...

I never would have been interested in Shizune in the first place.

Not in Rin in a romantical way either.

I certainly wouldn't have followed Lilly to the airport either, so both her good and bad endings are out as well.

Regarding Emi... I probably would have started running to keep my heart from exploding, but whether my dedication to the sport would have been enough to pique her interest is questionable.

Sadly, there is no Misha route ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Probably Hanako's good or neutral end...

I never would have been interested in Shizune in the first place.

Not in Rin in a romantical way either.

I certainly wouldn't have followed Lilly to the airport either, so both her good and bad endings are out as well.

Regarding Emi... I probably would have started running to keep my heart from exploding, but whether my dedication to the sport would have been enough to pique her interest is questionable.

Sadly, there is no Misha route ;-)
Lilly's bad ending doesn't have anything to do with the airport...

And that's why you make your own Misha route. :P Reality isn't as constricted as a pre-programmed VN.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Lilly's bad ending doesn't have anything to do with the airport...
Sure it does.
Even in the bad end Hisao runs after Lilly to the airport and has his heart attack, doesn't he?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.