For Want of a Nail - Misha Route (Updated 11/1/19)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hanako Nakai

Re: For Want of a Nail - Misha Route (New Chapter 8/7)

Post by Hanako Nakai »

keep it up, author! :D
ImageImage
You should be a protagonist of a new story :lol:

Am I really that dense?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Hanako Nakai wrote:keep it up, author! :D
Pretty sure that's a violation of the "no requesting" rule
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
vLuvbi

Post by vLuvbi »

Comrade wrote:
Hanako Nakai wrote:keep it up, author! :D
Pretty sure that's a violation of the "no requesting" rule
So~ in theory, whenever I say "Keep up the good work" I am breaking a rule? Well then~ I guess I take back my kind words ^-^
My favorite character is Misha.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

It means that you can't say stuff like "keep it up!" because it's a request, I once got a warning for it :(
An American, 2014
Hanako Nakai

Post by Hanako Nakai »

Comrade wrote:It means that you can't say stuff like "keep it up!" because it's a request, I once got a warning for it :(
So, complimenting is illegal now? that's pretty harsh, i guess... :(
ImageImage

Am I really that dense?
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Hanako Nakai wrote:
Comrade wrote:It means that you can't say stuff like "keep it up!" because it's a request, I once got a warning for it :(
There's a difference between "good job" (a compliment) and "keep it up" (a command). Not sure the latter as phrased is deserving of a warning, but it's something of which to be aware.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

dewelar wrote:
Hanako Nakai wrote:
There's a difference between "good job" (a compliment) and "keep it up" (a command). Not sure the latter as phrased is deserving of a warning, but it's something of which to be aware.
I personally view something like "keep it up" as more along the lines of encouragement then a command, so personally I don't see it as a request. But if someone got a warning for saying that, obviously the mods disagreed.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Atario

Post by Atario »

"Have a nice day!"

[BANHAMMER]
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Pretty much, yeah
An American, 2014
Hanako Nakai

Post by Hanako Nakai »

Atario wrote:"Have a nice day!"

[BANHAMMER]
Getting banned for complimenting the based author :( :cry:
ImageImage

Am I really that dense?
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

My previous comment may have been poorly worded, and in any case we're way off the topic for this thread. I'll just say this before exiting: "keep it up", interpreted literally, isn't just a command, it's a command specifically to write more stuff. Thus, it is requesting, Q.E.D. I don't know if it's treated as such, but I implicitly trust this board's mods to use common sense.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this. I'll be honest: this route is one of my favorites, even among the canon routes. Certainly better than Emi's, Rin's, or Shizune's routes, in my opinion. I created an account just to say this. I'm impressed with the amount of research you've done. Your responses to criticism show that this isn't a half-hearted, lazy attempt at writing Misha's route, but that you've put a lot of effort into staying true to the characters.

Your characterization of Hisao and development of Misha are excellent. I'm a bit curious as to what you're doing with Shizune, since she seemed to be acting weird in Act 2, but I'm sure that'll be revealed in the end (or, if it's already been revealed, I'll find it in my second read-through).

Again, this was an excellent story, on the par with Lilly's and Hanako's routes. I am impressed.

Speaking of Lilly, though... there was something about her that bothered me. Lilly's character seemed off, like she was harsher than she would normally be (particularly when she asked Hanako to invite Hisao to lunch). I understand that since Hisao sided with Shizune, he would be more prone to thinking negatively of Lilly and vice-versa, but I think that was still a little out of character for her to be so harsh.

Not that Lilly can't be harsh. She demonstrated plenty of venom in her confrontation with Shizune, but that was only when she was provoked. However, having had an entire month to cool off, I would've thought her to be more tactful and polite, unlikely to use words like "sycophant" and "ego," no matter how much she dislikes Shizune; Lilly's too formal to be so acerbic. I draw this line of reasoning from Lilly's path when Lilly was reluctant to delve into the details of their feud after Hisao asked about it. It was my impression that she wasn't inclined to speak ill of others. Then, she sounded very condescending when she explained the stir Hisao caused by joining the student council. She gave off a malicious aura that I didn't think suited her character very well.

Or maybe it's me wearing rose-tinted lenses. But whatever the case, I look forward to reading anything else you might post. Again, thank you very much for putting so much work into this fanfic.

You mind me asking why this is called "For Want of a Nail?" I can't figure that out. Or is this another "wait and see" thing?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Crow wrote:You mind me asking why this is called "For Want of a Nail?" I can't figure that out. Or is this another "wait and see" thing?
Likely for the trope: For Want of a Nail. In short: A story in which one small change has a ripple effect, resulting in massive changes.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

dewelar wrote:
Hanako Nakai wrote:
You know, while I see how this is logically sound, it's logically sound the same way legalese is internally self-consistent while not having a legal definition for "human judgment".

And now the Grammar Secret Police are out to get us. :(

OT: I finally caught up to this fic, and seeing that I have to wait along with everybody else makes me a sad camper. :(

However, I must say this is the Misha Pseudo-Route, no question about it. It captures the characters flawlessly, and while the author's liberties are evident at some points it also captures the KS style very well. Whether you agree or disagree with the author's interpretations, it's clear that ProfAllister's done his homework, and the man knows his KS inside and out. And to that I say kudos, sir. Good luck to you in all your endeavors.
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
Gruntbuggly

Post by Gruntbuggly »

O Allister, Allister, wherefore art thou Allister?
Bad Apple wrote:Whether you agree or disagree with the author's interpretations, it's clear that ProfAllister's done his homework, and the man knows his KS inside and out. And to that I say kudos, sir.
BadApple, I think Prof is actually a grill. Heh.
"Oh freddled gruntbuggly, Thy micturations are to me As plurdled gabbleblotchits On a lurgid bee.
Groop I implore thee, My foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee In the gobberwarts With my blurglecruncheon, See if I don't!" - Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz