Katawa Fortress 2

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
minkus

Re: Katawa Fortress 2

Post by minkus »

Here is a video where the heavy makes a certain onomatopoeia because of a heart disease. Would Hisao make a good Heavy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFAnrdZv ... r_embedded

Find me on the ubercharged server if you play TF2.

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

minkus wrote:Here is a video where the heavy makes a certain onomatopoeia because of a heart disease. Would Hisao make a good Heavy?

haha, he'd be an awful heavy. He'd fail at the whole "soaking up damage" thing.
C The Guy

Post by C The Guy »

SirMax wrote:
minkus wrote:Here is a video where the heavy makes a certain onomatopoeia because of a heart disease. Would Hisao make a good Heavy?

haha, he'd be an awful heavy. He'd fail at the whole "soaking up damage" thing.

I can't see misao as any real class in tf2 i meant here's nothing really definitive about him, he'd probably be the civillian if anything.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

C The Guy wrote:
I can't see misao as any real class in tf2 i meant here's nothing really definitive about him, he'd probably be the civillian if anything.
Obviously he is the announcer. He's the main character of a VN, he's used to being the faceless person controlling what happens.
Loki

Post by Loki »

I'd do it for teh lulz.

Hanako: Pyro
Lilly: Siper
Emi: Heavy Weapons
Hisao: Scout

Mind's a blank on the others.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Don't mean to resurrect a *dead* thread, but good god as I started TF2 this morning I realized: someone needs to jump on this bandwagon and customize a Katawa Shoujo HUD for TF2. As was done with Lucky Star D:

GET GOIN'! Someone?
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

hee hee, that sniper one's adorable.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Reposting what I put over in the thread in the public discussion forum.

Well we all seem to agree that Emi is the Scout for obvious reasons.

I think Shizune would make a good Spy. She is silent and cunning.

For Misha she'd be the Pyro... the Soldier or the Heavy. The Pyro is chaotic and a tad insane. The Soldier and Heavy are loud and also insane.

I think Hanako would be a good Sniper. She tends to shy away from people, so the Sniper's engagement distance is ideal for her. Plus with jarate, she can put herself out if she's set on fire again. The professional thing is lost on all the characters though.

Rin is a hard one. Her personality is nothing like all of the TF2 characters. Maybe the Demoman when he's slammed out of his own skull drunk or the Soldier when he gets unbalanced, but really she is an a league all her own. Hmm, perhaps double jumping is not beyond her, but with no arms balance has to be an issue. For her disability, I could see her being most effective as an Engineer. She can be stationary for a lot of the time, leaving her feet free to maintain her sentry. Hell, she could sit on her dispenser like a chair. I'd kill for a pic of her shotgunning a spy with her feet.

Lilly would also be a good Engineer. She doesn't have to do much aiming, only hang back and tend her sentry.

And as a side note, just imagining what they would sound like as the Announcer is hilarious.

Misha/Shizune would be a mixture of tactical advice, and icy words, but projected through Misha it would sound happy and carefree with lots of laughter.

Hanako would be all scared and nervous.

Rin would be off topic.

Hmm, Lilly and Emi would seem normal I guess. Emi's being upbeat and gung-ho, and Lilly would be encouraging.

Hisao... his personality is based on choices, so he could be a Medic, Engineer, Spy, or Sniper, I believe. Notice that his choices can conform with certain girl's classes. Having his class be the same as theirs is equivalent to choosing their path.

Kenji could be a Heavy, Soldier, Pyro, or Demoman. Their mental stability can be called into question, plus the demo gets drunk of his ass.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Miroku

Post by Miroku »

SirMax wrote:So I was browsing the Mishimmie and noticed a few TF2 related works on there. The idea amused me but I wasn't so sure about some of the class choices. As far as I'm concerned, it should be:

Scout: Emi
Reasoning: Pretty obvious, speedy people and hyperactive
Soldier: ?
Reasoning:
Pyro: ?
Reasoning:
Demomahn: Kenji
Reasoning: Both crazy, both impaired vision, both like the whiskey
Heavy: Misha
Reasoning: Her "Wahahaha~!" goes well with the Heavy's lines, and both of them are rather loud.
Engineer- Rin
Reasoning: Because it's just plain awesome.
Medic: Shizune
Reasoning: Partnership with Misha, mostly
Sniper: Lilly
Reasoning: Irony

Spy: Hanako
Reasoning: Aversion to fire, ability to go unnoticed.

Quoted for the great lulz. XD

But... considering Lilly's excellent sense of hearing that might not be all that much of a stretch.
Last edited by Miroku on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Miroku wrote:
Quoted for the great lulz. XD

But... considering Lilly's excellent sense of hearing that might not be all that much of a stretch.
did you really have to quote the whole thing? And while her hearing would make her a major danger to spies (she'd kukri you to death before you could say "uncloaking isn't silent"), you snipe at a range from which you can't pick out sound. Excellent hearing or not, you can't pinpoint a head in the middle of a battle from 500 feet away with sound very easily.
G3n0c1de wrote: Lilly would also be a good Engineer. She doesn't have to do much aiming, only hang back and tend her sentry.
That might work, but she'd get beat up on by demos even more than normal engies, since she wouldn't be able to hear stickies as they're silent and the launcher isn't that loud.
flurk

Post by flurk »

Are you kidding? medic should be Nurse. Don't you dare forget Nurse.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

flurk wrote:Are you kidding? medic should be Nurse. Don't you dare forget Nurse.
I don't nurse would be down with the whole "Ze hurting is more rewarding than ze healing" thing.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Terribly sorry for the double post but this needed a bump:
A friend of mine skinned an Ambassador with Emi on!

looks a tad odd because I didn't have a good "long" picture of Emi, so I just gave him this:
if anyone totally awesome could get an image of Emi in a pose more like this it could be improved:

but until then it's still awesome and can be downloaded here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dcioenmt1 ... ssador.rar
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Emi is not Scout's mom D:
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

delta wrote:Emi is not Scout's mom D:
true, but she is an awesome person to have on the barrel of a gun.