Why does it seems like no one understands Rin?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZXNova

Re: Why does it seems like no one understands Rin?

Post by ZXNova »

Varin wrote:"So I started thinking that maybe I don't know what I'm feeling. Maybe it's me who's wrong. I thought those kinds of things. I thought that painting was enough because it felt that I at least did that right. That all that is inside of me could become a picture if I tried really hard. And it could. But it doesn't feel like it's enough any more. Because if no one else can see that, I will still be alone."

"Rin was desperate for someone to look at her paintings, and somehow see right through them into her soul, to understand her feelings..."

I don't really understand what is ambiguous about any of that. That is her most honest and verbose moment in the game, and it is the one in which she expresses her true motivation for painting, as flawed as it may be. Sure, she enjoys painting. But for most of the story, and with plenty of evidence, she was trying and failing to use it as a vehicle for expressing her emotions to other people.
Good quote to bring up. This can really clear up some things.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Touhou guy here.
You cannot deny the cuteness of my avatar. If you try to deny it, your subconscious shall be devoured.
All of my yes.
By order of favorites: Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Emi
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

Nobody understands Rin because she's insane.
Oh look, a giraffe flying in a fighter jet.
That's pretty much Rin in a nutshell.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
ZXNova

Post by ZXNova »

CFC Kyle wrote:Nobody understands Rin because she's insane.
Oh look, a giraffe flying in a fighter jet.
That's pretty much Rin in a nutshell.
*While Hisao is dry humping Emi* - Rin barges in - EMI! I need to use your window! I saw a cloud. *Stares at them on the ground, in an unamused manner*
Not sure if I needed spoilers, but oh well.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Touhou guy here.
You cannot deny the cuteness of my avatar. If you try to deny it, your subconscious shall be devoured.
All of my yes.
By order of favorites: Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Emi
Loeloe95

Post by Loeloe95 »

I love the discussion popping up because of my question. So many interesting points of view that it would be hard to respond with my thoughts on them all. But honestly I never thought that my question would spark such a discussion. It is slightly humbling that my silly question created a three page thread :D Thanks for everyone that commented or just plain read, I learned allot from you all, and I hope this discussion continues to grow with the addition of different points of views :)
Favorite girls Rin=Lilly>Misha=Hanako=Emi>Shizune
Favorite Routes Lilly>Rin=Emi>Hanako>Shizune

INFP
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Really, the "why" when you get down to it is just "Because she's Rin". The way she is, the difficulties she has, it obstructs understanding. She knows that and tries to forcibly alter it...Until she gets over it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."