Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 7/28]

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Edited that, all I had to do was cut out 'from here.'
I had no problems with the "from here." Might I suggest changing "that restaurant" to "a restaurant" instead? That should fix it.
Which is why I felt there wasn't much of a need to follow up. Anything more than that would have just been "here's a bunch of foreshadowing but I'm going to outright tell you in case somehow you don't know."
You're right. There's no need to follow it up for the reader.
I was talking about Hisao. Akira just told him that she has a cousin who goes to Yamaku and is even in his year, and Hisao is not the least bit curious who it might be?
He's not even thinking about asking Akira about her. He doesn't react at all and changes the topic, then seems to be way more interested in that other cousin, whom he probably never met before...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

We're going to go into a lot of detail about just how Akira wound up in her position with regards to Jigoro's past. Unlike some other elements in the story, I've got a loooooot of room to play around here, and I think I'll be able to deliver something sufficiently entertaining and satisfying as far as the questions about their past together go. I'm really glad that you always question a lot of stuff about Akira and the route in general; it really helps to keep me on my toes and not fall into a bad habit of nonsense justification or breaking character, even though there have been moments where that happened. Thanks for reading, and I hope I don't disappoint.
Japan still has a glass ceiling for females and staff members often aren't used to taking orders from those younger than them, but there's probably not too much need to jump through hoops to be 100% authentic to the cultural aspects since Katawa Shoujo itself wasn't always that way either. I'm curious how you'll approach mister Satou. KS itself reveals very little about him and the fact that neither Lilly's nor Akira's account can be called objective makes him even more of a wildcard. We know he and Jigoro dislike each other, but someone who dislikes Jigoro can be anyone from an even bigger douche to an ordinary person with common sense. ;)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Guest Poster wrote:I'm curious how you'll approach mister Satou. KS itself reveals very little about him and the fact that neither Lilly's nor Akira's account can be called objective makes him even more of a wildcard. We know he and Jigoro dislike each other, but someone who dislikes Jigoro can be anyone from an even bigger douche to an ordinary person with common sense. ;)
That's something I curious about as well. (Humorous speculation: Mr. Satou's relocation to Scotland was "encouraged" by the family just to put as much space between Jigoro and him as humanly possible...)
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Difficult to believe, for the reason that Lilly's father and Jigoro are part of two different families and usually wouldn't get to interact with one another much. The way it goes in Japan is that the oldest son remains part of the family while other children marry into other families and become part of those particular families. After Mayoi (Shizune's mother) married into the Hakamichi clan, she stopped being a Satou and became a Hakamichi and she'd be set to take care of Jigoro's parents in their old age rather than her own.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

After Mayoi (Shizune's mother) married into the Hakamichi clan, she stopped being a Satou and became a Hakamichi...
I think she never was a Satou in the first place, wasn't she?
Or am I mixing this up again?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
After Mayoi (Shizune's mother) married into the Hakamichi clan, she stopped being a Satou and became a Hakamichi...
Jigoro married Mayoi, who is Hiroyuki Satou's younger sister.
So yes, you are mixing it up again :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

You are remembering it "correctly" in that Hideaki mentioned in Shizune's route that Lilly's father and Jigoro are brothers and don't like each other. That raised the issue that it'd be weird for the two to be brothers while not sharing the same surname and when asked about it, the devs said that mister Satou and Jigoro are brothers-in-law and that Jigoro married mister Satou's sister. (who used to be called Mayoi Satou before she got married)

So you're remembering something that got retconned afterwards.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Guest Poster wrote:
You are remembering it "correctly" in that Hideaki mentioned in Shizune's route that Lilly's father and Jigoro are brothers and don't like each other. That raised the issue that it'd be weird for the two to be brothers while not sharing the same surname and when asked about it, the devs said that mister Satou and Jigoro are brothers-in-law and that Jigoro married mister Satou's sister. (who used to be called Mayoi Satou before she got married)

Apparently it's not even a retcon. You can't retcon something that was a typo :lol:
Suriko has stated what Hideaki and Akira say about their respective fathers being blood-brothers is a typo.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Steinherz wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:

Apparently it's not even a retcon. You can't retcon something that was a typo :lol:
Suriko has stated what Hideaki and Akira say about their respective fathers being blood-brothers is a typo.
But at the same time, they always say that the only thing that's canon is what's in the game, so you've got a bit of wiggle room of how you want to interpret that.
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I don't think Akira ever even mentions the two being brothers, merely the fact they dislike each other. And Hideaki's statement isn't a typo. A typo is a misspelled word. Accidentally writing "yes" while you meant "no" isn't a typo. Of course, I'm being overly persnickety here. :)
But at the same time, they always say that the only thing that's canon is what's in the game, so you've got a bit of wiggle room of how you want to interpret that.
I'm not sure if that applies to stuff that SHOULD have been in the game but wasn't due to an oversight, but in the end it probably doesn't really matter that much.
Endofone

Post by Endofone »

I was debating on whether or not to read this fanfic. I wasn't to intrigued by Akira to do a full fledged look for a fanfic about her. But i'm so glad i read this. =D This is going amazing so far. I marathoned through the fic because it was so good! I'm giddy on how they do that cutesy stuff during the lunch they have together. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. XD. I am now although sad that i have to wait for the next update. Lol. But i can pull through XD. I can't wait for the hilarity that will ensue when Hisao meets Akira's dad and Jigoro. My head will hurt with the arrogance displayed between these characters. I wonder what your take on Mr. Satou will be as well. Keep up the amazing work and do what you can! I'll be idling by, waiting. =D
carrion_crow

Post by carrion_crow »

Endofone wrote:I was debating on whether or not to read this fanfic. I wasn't to intrigued by Akira to do a full fledged look for a fanfic about her. But i'm so glad i read this. =D This is going amazing so far. I marathoned through the fic because it was so good! I'm giddy on how they do that cutesy stuff during the lunch they have together. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. XD. I am now although sad that i have to wait for the next update. Lol. But i can pull through XD. I can't wait for the hilarity that will ensue when Hisao meets Akira's dad and Jigoro. My head will hurt with the arrogance displayed between these characters. I wonder what your take on Mr. Satou will be as well. Keep up the amazing work and do what you can! I'll be idling by, waiting. =D
Welcome to the club that has grown into the Akira fanbase/following all because of Thanatos02. I read it quickly initially as well, but its so well written an captivating that I have re read it at least a 6 times as I wait for the updates. :D
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess
Dreamcastin

Post by Dreamcastin »

Signed up just to post. I love your writing, can't wait to see the next update!
Do you write a fanfiction?
Breaking Shoujo: The Meth Route
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9079
Acik

Post by Acik »

I have been meaning to comment on this story for ages and thought it was about time I showed some support. Love the story. A fully fleshed out Akira is pretty dang awesome and it's very interesting how you tied her into Hisao's life. I really dig how you branched us into the most recent act. It can be tempting to write every little detail, but you trust your readers and that's something you don't always see.

Anyhow, just wanted to show some support. Keep up the good work.
Wrote a story, here it is: Waiting
Whoops, starting writing another one. This time: Zombies! Look Back
My Twitch Stream: Ovacko/Acik's Twitch
carrion_crow

Post by carrion_crow »

I read through this fic from start to end once again :shock: . That's totals it more than I can count on my hands yet I still get feels. Damn you Thanatos and your skills to bring out the most buried of my emotions...damn you. :|
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess