Hideaki

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Seyren

Re: Hideaki

Post by Seyren »

hey, are hideaki is new character of KS?
or he is on different game?
PS. Forgive me for my bad english
simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

Hideaki is a character the devs created for KS.
She's new in the sense that she had no sprite in Act 1.
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Bara

Re: Do you like Hideaki?

Post by Bara »

simpleDvorak wrote:In reply to thread topic:
Yes. I would totally hit that... post-op...
It only count if its a pre-op hit. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

Bara wrote:
:( Then no dice.

How do I changed vote? ¯\(°_o)/¯
Seyren

Post by Seyren »

simpleDvorak wrote:Hideaki is a character the devs created for KS.
hee? really? so that he/she will come out in the full version?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Seyren wrote:
simpleDvorak wrote:Hideaki is a character the devs created for KS.
hee? really? so that he/she will come out in the full version?
As a side character. I can not guess how prominent they will be. Everyone will just have to wait and see. :wink:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

simpleDvorak wrote:
Bara wrote:
:( Then no dice.

How do I changed vote? ¯\(°_o)/¯
Just messing with you. :lol:

When you step back a bit all we have seen so far is one set of sprites. We have just the text shown to develop an idea about the character. One sentence is very little to go on to try and extrapolate an entire character from. So, what is it that everyone considers when they make their judgement about Hideaki? The artists execution of the sprites? (Yep, Hideaki is drawn cute.) Are people mainly considering Hideaki's percieved gender? (I'd bet male crossdressing as female, but I would not call it totaly impossible for Hideaki to be an EXTREMELY underdeveloped female. I won't go into the name because I'm too ignorant of japanese nameing conventions.)

Whatever, them there dang Devs sure are keeping us barking at the moon with a whole lotta noise over just a little bit of light and shadows. :lol:

simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

Bara wrote: When you step back a bit all we have seen so far is one set of sprites. We have just the text shown to develop an idea about the character. One sentence is very little to go on to try and extrapolate an entire character from. So, what is it that everyone considers when they make their judgement about Hideaki?
The only thing I considered was I-would-not-tap-anyone-that-has-a-pen0r.
Bara wrote: Are people mainly considering Hideaki's percieved gender? (...... I won't go into the name because I'm too ignorant of japanese nameing conventions.)
Concerning Hideaki's gender, I kind of assumed he was male cross-dressing as female, mainly based on name. Not naming conventions, but precedence -- Hideaki Anno was the psychotic *dude* that somehow managed to come up with Eva. :P
Bara wrote: Whatever, them there dang Devs sure are keeping us barking at the moon with a whole lotta noise over just a little bit of light and shadows. :lol:
Oh yeah, they're good at that... those bastards... those clever, clever, bastards I would never actually seriously insult because I love this game. :lol:

Speaking of games.
YOU ALL JUST LOST THEM.

All in all, you're right Bara, there's not much to go on. The result could (and probably will) be that Hideaki ends up being a very likable character. Guess we'll just have to wait. (For the record: ambiguous and controversial teasers do NOT help the waiting. FYI devs. :wink:)
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

I think that choosing Hakamichi or Satou will have an indirect effect on the storyline of Akira and her trap.

I think Hakamichi = they break up
Satou = stay together
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Ambi07

Post by Ambi07 »

Merged the topic with the other Hideaki thread and accidentally lost the poll along the way =/
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Sometimes I get the feeling that Hideaki is actually a girl, and the developers are just messing with us by making us think she's a crossdressing guy... I'm going to reserve judgment on the matter until I have some clear evidence from the game itself. XD
Mike1849

Post by Mike1849 »

I'd feel cheated if Hideaki turns out to be a girl :(
Bara

Post by Bara »

Rednal wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that Hideaki is actually a girl, and the developers are just messing with us by making us think she's a crossdressing guy... I'm going to reserve judgment on the matter until I have some clear evidence from the game itself. XD
Well we already know the artists can draw a cute crossdresser from seeing Akira and possibly/probably Hideaki. What I'm realy interested in is what they will do with the two characters. I think we'll definately see something different from both of them than your normal trap stereotype. (Ok, lets stereotype anyway: Who do you think owns more shoes; Akira, the female dressing as a male, or Hideaki, the male dressing as a woman? Would a hot date between them involve spending 9 hours shopping for shoes?) :lol:
(In the interest of fairness I have to point out that every time I ask my girlfriend why she needs more shoes; she asks me why I need more socket sets, drills, hammers, screwdrivers, laser levels, saws, box/crescent/pipe wrenches. At that point I have to shut up cause I'm guity as sin; I never saw I tool I didn't lust after.) :oops:

Bara

Post by Bara »

Mike1849 wrote:I'd feel cheated if Hideaki turns out to be a girl :(
You just had to say that. Now the path writters are busy re-writting the paths to make Hideaki a girl. :lol:

U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Rednal wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that Hideaki is actually a girl, and the developers are just messing with us by making us think she's a crossdressing guy... I'm going to reserve judgment on the matter until I have some clear evidence from the game itself. XD
And then Hideaki was an Innovator...