Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Hans PK »

Loonie wrote:Nowhere in there (or before that) do you see him state that "The only good heroines are virgins." 'Butbutbutbut...' I hear you say: '...it is heavily *implied*!' Sorry, but that does not equal it. Nowhere. That was all an invention of every other person who had to tell the OP how they REALLY felt about this.
"i just play VN who have virgin heroine"
"Emi and Shizune might not be"
"So I Just Ignore Emi And Shizune Route "

Translation, especially for you:
He will only play routes that have the protagonist's conquest be a virgin.
There exists the possibility that neither Emi or Shizune are virgins.
Therefore, he will not play their routes.
Ergo, he believes that, to him, the only routes that are good (i.e. playable) are the ones with virgins.
Thus, his beliefs can be paraphrased as, "The only good heroines are virgins."

:?:

"Butbutbut.." I hear you say. "That's faulty implication!"

Implication is a conclusion that can be obtained by observing his statements, even though he doesn't state the exact phrase itself. You see, we can imply that a man who doesn't like dogs will not like rottweilers, even though he has not specifically said the phrase, "I don't like rottweilers." It could also be implied that I'm being sarcastic, sorta like you, as well as patronizing, also like yourself, throughout this entire God-damned post, but I have not specifically said that I am, so it must not be so. Isn't that right, Mr.Holier-than-thou?

Next time, you might want to actually try looking at what the OP's said and trying to piece the puzzle together yourself. I'll admit that I hold not the greatest faith that you have that ability, but it's still worth a shot.

Oh, hey, I just noticed that I just said "heroine" rather than 100% specifying that I was talking about KS. We're currently on the KS board and he's talking about VN's, so here's a good chance for you to use the powers of implication for yourself!
Last edited by Hans PK on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is there left to say?
Qchan

Post by Qchan »

Hans PK wrote:
Loonie wrote:Nowhere in there (or before that) do you see him state that "The only good heroines are virgins." 'Butbutbutbut...' I hear you say: '...it is heavily *implied*!' Sorry, but that does not equal it. Nowhere. That was all an invention of every other person who had to tell the OP how they REALLY felt about this.
[Lots of words (sorry hans)]
*Slow clap* And lady's and gentlemen, We have the winner of the thread.
Last edited by Qchan on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

Loonie, the bad thing about being a sarcastic ass is that there are other people out there who can do the same thing back to you, but backed up with logic.

And I was almost hoping to avoid this today. Should've followed my advice on not getting one's hopes up. And all because you had to go and be an ass about one simple statement.

You done now? I could imply that from "I'm happy to bow out of it at this point and see where it goes", but screw implication. :roll:
What is there left to say?
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Gotta say it's a little weird how this went from a question answer thread turned into the disagreement it is.

I know the irony in me saying this when I commented in here before, but the point still stands.
Markus Ramikin

Post by Markus Ramikin »

Hans PK wrote:[...] Thus, his beliefs can be paraphrased as, "The only good heroines are virgins."
Wrong. All that you can say for certain is that he has a preference for virgins (or virgin heroines, whatever). He, personally. Which shouldn't be treated like a crime. People's preferences are their own business (modulo the usual disclaimers about "as long as nobody's being forced into anything"). Doesn't necessarily mean he thinks everyone should have the same tastes, or that nonvirgins need to be looked down on or are objectively worse persons/fictional characters, or anything like that.

Really, that's my whole problem with this thread. People crapping on other people's preferences. As I said before: live and let live.

(To be clear: I do think the OP has revealed a lack of knowledge about sexuality, and I think ProfAlister and maybe one or two other posts addressing that were justified. There's a difference between that, and what I'm criticising here.)
Last edited by Markus Ramikin on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilly=Emi=Hanako>Rin >>... ...

My stories are: here.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Markus Ramikin wrote:
Hans PK wrote:[...] Thus, his beliefs can be paraphrased as, "The only good heroines are virgins."
Wrong. All that you can say for certain is that he has a preference for virgins. He, personally. Which shouldn't be treated like a crime. People's preferences are their own business (modulo the usual disclaimers about "as long as nobody's being forced into anything"). Doesn't necessarily mean he thinks everyone should have the same tastes, or that nonvirgins need to be looked down on or are objectively worse persons or anything like that.

Really, that's my whole problem with this thread. People crapping on other people's preferences. As I said before: live and let live.

(To be clear: I do think the OP has revealed a lack of knowledge about sexuality, and I think ProfAlister and maybe one or two other posts addressing that were justified. There's a difference between that, and what I'm criticising here.)
OP's first post (and later ones) also seem that English isn't their native language. So there might have been some minced words.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Eloquent In My Native Tongue, hopefully.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I've got a great idea!

Let's all stop posting in this topic so that it can die and we can forget about it!
Not Dead Yet
RedRover

Post by RedRover »

^ What Oddball said.
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." -Confucius
Quotes are fun.
I have a oneshot about little ol' Suzu. Read it! Or don't.