What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:Having just watched it, I bet Hanako would have really liked Gran Torino.
Never heard of it.

I bet she'd enjoy Game of Thrones...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Oddball wrote:Having just watched it, I bet Hanako would have really liked Gran Torino.
Never heard of it.

I bet she'd enjoy Game of Thrones...
Gran Torino is one of Clint Eastwood's best movies in recent times (where he's an actor in it I mean)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Why do I imagine Act 1 Hisao enjoying Clerks? Couple of largely apathetic bums who seemingly lack any sort of ambition while complaining that their lot in life sucks donkeys (literally in the sequel).
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

That's an unexpected choice. I think it is a great movie, but not one I would have thought of in a million years. Is there a particular reason why you think she would like it?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Ritter Delorges wrote:
That's an unexpected choice. I think it is a great movie, but not one I would have thought of in a million years. Is there a particular reason why you think she would like it?
From her reading choices, it seems as though she likes more melancholy slower paced things that examine the human condition.

On top of that, Gran Torino also focuses on learning to accept people for who they are and not what sterotypes you think of them and has an ending where the father character makes the ultimate sacrifice to protect the people he cares about.

I'm not saying it would be her favorite movie, mind you, but I think she'd like it. ... Or rather she probably will like it, as it hasn't come out yet in the KS timeline.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
Ritter Delorges wrote:
From her reading choices, it seems as though she likes more melancholy slower paced things that examine the human condition.
Do we see her reading choices? I only remember the one.
Dream

Post by Dream »

I think Hanako and Rin would *love* Akira Kurosawa's "Yume".

If she could see/hear, i think both Shizune and Lilly would enjoy Nausicaa, as well.

Also, for some strange reason i imagine Hanako being delighted with End of Evangelion, or maybe the Rebuild films.

I think Hisao would lean more towards slice-of-life stories. I'd expand on why i think this, but i'm pressed for time at the moment.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Qchan

Post by Qchan »

I think Hanako could be into frankenstein....Eh? Eh?
...I could only think of Hanako for that joke....
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Dream wrote:I think Hanako and Rin would *love* Akira Kurosawa's "Yume".

If she could see/hear, i think both Shizune and Lilly would enjoy Nausicaa, as well.

Also, for some strange reason i imagine Hanako being delighted with End of Evangelion, or maybe the Rebuild films.

I think Hisao would lean more towards slice-of-life stories. I'd expand on why i think this, but i'm pressed for time at the moment.
Hisao specifically DOESN'T like slice of life stuff. During the game, he mentions reading a slice of life book and it boring him to tears. He wondered why anybody would write something like that.

On the other hand, we do know he likes Science Fiction.
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:Hisao specifically DOESN'T like slice of life stuff. During the game, he mentions reading a slice of life book and it boring him to tears. He wondered why anybody would write something like that.

On the other hand, we do know he likes Science Fiction.
I don't know why, but I think that him not liking slice of life is slightly meta. Katawa Shoujo is considered slice-of-life in a way. It'd be like a character in a Science fiction story disliking Science Fiction. Because they're already living in that type of existence :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote: On the other hand, we do know he likes Science Fiction.
He doesn't seem to take as an action fan, so maybe the Matrix trilogy wouldn't be a good recommendation. Maybe he'd gander at Star Trek.

The thought of Shizune watching Valkyrie kind of makes sense, but I'm particularly certain that it wouldn't be her favorite movie.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Here's and idea/ Which of the girls would be the most geeky. Or at least enjoy the most stuff like that. I'm talking comic books, bored games, games, anime, and visual novels.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Here's and idea. Which of the girls would be the most geeky (i can never tell if I'm using that properly). Or at least enjoy the most stuff like that. I'm talking comic books, bored games, games, anime, and visual novels.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Bored games: obvious Shicchan and Hanako.
Animu & mango: Hanako.
Light novels: Hanako and Lilly (if they are available in braille, and I am sure they are).
Video games: Hanako and probably Shicchan.
Nothing: Emi and Rin. Emi's too sporty and Rin's too alien / indifferent.

So... Hanako.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

wazuzu wrote:Bored games: obvious Shicchan and Hanako.
Animu & mango: Hanako.
Light novels: Hanako and Lilly (if they are available in braille, and I am sure they are).
Video games: Hanako and probably Shicchan.
Nothing: Emi and Rin. Emi's too sporty and Rin's too alien / indifferent.

So... Hanako.
Funny I could really imagine Emi being super competitive when it comes to games. I mean she's a health nut but she still packs the cake away.