Rin's Mural

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Jintor

Rin's Mural

Post by Jintor »

Kinda looking to see if anybody knows where I could possibly get a decent resolution image of Rin's mural, or knows where I can get screenshots; if worst worst, i'll get them myself, but I figured I'd just check to see if anybody knew first.
Last edited by Jintor on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpleDvorak

Re: Rin's Mural

Post by simpleDvorak »

screenshots
Like so?

Or do you mean stitching together multiple screens of when it pans/scrolls leftwards.
Last edited by simpleDvorak on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Edit'd, pretend it never happened
Cody8977897

Post by Cody8977897 »

How can you come up with something like that while thinking nothing? Also thank you.Now I can set this as my wallpaper.
I can see the future but know not what is to come...
I know who I am, yet not who I will be...
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

I'd obviously prefer stitching them together but tbh this is pretty good too, thanks a lot. :D

If you're curious I'm trying to sketch out something based on her (or Climactic, who I believe is the IRL artist)'s style used here... it goes a little something like this.

simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

You asked, so I am delivering the 15-sec-paintshooped-from-5-different-screenshots-and-thus-higher-res-version.

*hopefully* this is okay with the devs. Though, having reproduced almost the entire thing via MSPaint and prnt scrn, I am not sure this is what they had in mind when they said "screenshot away" in the FAQ's. So if this is breaching the license and/or good manners, I am deeply and sincerely sorry.

(Disclaimer: Art is obviously not mine. Belongs to original artist / 4LS. Credit goes to him / them. Use responsibly. Et cetera.)
Hosted on a file-mule freewebs domain because I'm tired of it being resized by all the image hosts.

>>http://simpledvorak.webs.com/stitch1.png<<
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Post by Climatic »

If you guys want I can upload the original mural without the photoshop texture. Also, I like your drawing Jintor.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
Cernd

Post by Cernd »

Climatic wrote:If you guys want I can upload the original mural without the photoshop texture. Also, I like your drawing Jintor.
I personally (and I'm sure others too) would really appreciate that.

Like simpleDvorak I also just ended up printscreening the scene where Rin shows Hisao the finished mural, and then using photoshop to piece it together. But I'd love to get the original without any of the resolution loss.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.
simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

Haha, I thought I'd have to link crud's stickied thread...

Then I realized you were a dev, Climatic. (Odd that I didn't recognize your name quicker from the countless times I've surfed the Mishimmie.)

If you would be willing to bestow upon us plebeians Rin's (your) work of great art, we shall be so very grateful.
/me respectfully bows.

:mrgreen: Love the mural.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Climatic wrote:If you guys want I can upload the original mural without the photoshop texture. Also, I like your drawing Jintor.
It would be damn awesome, and thanks very much.

I'm going to paint it (in photoshop, no handy walls around here) over the next couple of weeks or so. This might be a great opportunity to learn colour theory, and/or to ignore it. :D

Also thanks Dvorak, super handy stuff, will help greatly.
Solunar

Post by Solunar »

Yes, I would appreciate it! Oh man, this'll make a cool wallpaper! More awesome if there was Rin standing in front of it. I really love how it's made up of body parts they're missing. Makes the whole VN even more polished, somehow.
Peter of the lulz

Post by Peter of the lulz »

Solunar wrote:Oh man, this'll make a cool wallpaper! More awesome if there was Rin standing in front of it.
Someone in the "Fun with Photoshop" thread made something you might be interested in then.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 180#p16648
Solunar

Post by Solunar »

Hey, thanks! :D

Now the question remains of how to explain to my mum about an armless girl as my wallpaper if she sees it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Solunar wrote:Hey, thanks! :D

Now the question remains of how to explain to my mum about an armless girl as my wallpaper if she sees it.
Uhhh, tell her Rin does have arms; they are just invisible. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Solunar wrote:Hey, thanks! :D

She's a pirate who can't afford hooks.